West Virginia playoffs semifinal weekend...

Pioneer_PA
Freshman Team

West Virginia playoffs semifinal weekend...

Post by Pioneer_PA »

Several games played on the Ohio border this week (or darn near it)

Friday, 7:30
AAA #8 East Fairmont at #5 St. Albans
AAA #3 Parkersburg at #2 University
AA #5 Scott at #1 Bluefield
A #4 Madonna at #1 Wheeling Central
A #11 St. Marys at #2 Williamstown

Saturday, 7:30
AA #3 James Monroe at #2 Wayne

If anyone wants to see the single-wing run to perfection, come watch James Monroe at Wayne. James Monroe runs it as well as anybody you'll ever come across. They'll pose some major problems for the Pioneers this weekend.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

The Parkersburg area is well represented.

10mike
Riding the Bench

Post by 10mike »

Do any of those team run the triple option?

Pioneer_PA
Freshman Team

Post by Pioneer_PA »

East Fairmont runs some kind of shotgun spread Wing-T. St. Albans runs I. Parkersburg runs Wing-T, University...I'm not sure. Scott runs a version of the single wing where it direct snaps to Jordan Roberts every play and he either runs it or throws it. He has 3700+ yards RUSHING this year and 50 TD on the ground. Bluefield mixes shotgun spread with double wing. Madonna...I'm not sure. Wheeling Central runs Wing-T. Not sure about St. Marys, but Williamstown runs an I. James Monroe runs the true single wing, complete with blocking back, spinner, and a line comprised of an end, two guards, a center, and an inside and outside tackle that line up on the same side (unbalanced single-wing). Wayne runs the Wing-T. Little bit of diversity there.

earp
S

Post by earp »

I have seen James Monroe play before.They are never very big,They are pretty quick usually.But I dont believe they are any match for Wayne. ;-)

10mike
Riding the Bench

Post by 10mike »

Pioneer_PA wrote:East Fairmont runs some kind of shotgun spread Wing-T. St. Albans runs I. Parkersburg runs Wing-T, University...I'm not sure. Scott runs a version of the single wing where it direct snaps to Jordan Roberts every play and he either runs it or throws it. He has 3700+ yards RUSHING this year and 50 TD on the ground. Bluefield mixes shotgun spread with double wing. Madonna...I'm not sure. Wheeling Central runs Wing-T. Not sure about St. Marys, but Williamstown runs an I. James Monroe runs the true single wing, complete with blocking back, spinner, and a line comprised of an end, two guards, a center, and an inside and outside tackle that line up on the same side (unbalanced single-wing). Wayne runs the Wing-T. Little bit of diversity there.

Thanks for that very informative post.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

earp wrote:I have seen James Monroe play before.They are never very big,They are pretty quick usually.But I dont believe they are any match for Wayne. ;-)

Cal preps predicts Monroe for the win. Hope they are wrong. Gotta go with the local team.

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Friday results....

WEST VIRGINIA PLAYOFFS

St. Albans 14, East Fairmont 12

Parkersburg 31, University 21 Championshi

Bluefield 41, Scott 6

Wheeling Central 47, Madonna 6

Williamstown 23, St. Marys 0

Return to “Football”