all-area or all-state team

justagame
Waterboy

Post by justagame »

Local players named to All-Ohio teams
Nov 27, 2007 @ 11:58 PM
The Herald-Dispatch
HUNTINGTON -- Several Tri-State high school football players were commended for their performances by being named to the All-Ohio team.

South Point's Beau Weed and Portsmouth's Shane Porter represented their teams on the Division IV all-state first team.

Weed was named as a defensive back while Shane Porter made the team at quarterback.

"This is a tribute to Beau and it shows the type of play he put fourth all season," said South Point coach Doug Silot. "He is such a great competitor and it's nice for a student athlete to get such an honor."

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Piketon's Andrew Osburn and Jordan Brabson makes honerable metioned all OHIO!

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

Congrats to Vinton County's Ryan Stewart, Derek Woltz and Dustin Guthrie, Div III Special Mention. Way to go :-D

valleyfan07
Varsity

Post by valleyfan07 »

any word on div 5 and 6 yet?

BigBlueAlways
Waterboy

Post by BigBlueAlways »

Congrats to Dave Rumley of Gallia Acadmeny for making the All-State Team, Special Mention. Dave made the team last year as a linebacker and this year as a defensive lineman. This kid played around 9 positions this year and as a defensive tackle he was double and triple teamed a lot and still broke through and made big plays. I didn't see anyone single block him all year. Way to go Dave, you earned it and good luck this year in Basketball & Baseball.

southwebsterjeep09
Waterboy

Post by southwebsterjeep09 »

congrats to rock hill's chris moore and wes pierson on making honorable mention

gogrove9
JV Team

Post by gogrove9 »

Congratulations to Frank Delawder , Coal Grove for the state special mention . He's only a sophomore! I expect to see more good things from him in the future!

valleyfan07
Varsity

Post by valleyfan07 »

Congrats to our two Valley boys, Zach Call and Mike Faulks!!! Way to go!!!

Congrats to all of the local players who earned this honor, you have a lot to be proud of and I wish you much success!!!!! You have made southern ohio proud!!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Congrats to Shane Porter. Classy guy and a very talented football player.

valleyfan07
Varsity

Post by valleyfan07 »

Agreed, that was a well deserved honor to him!!

webgem6
Waterboy

Post by webgem6 »

As long as everyone is giving shoutouts I gotta give congrats to Adam McCarty from Alexander being named special mention all state D 4. Being on a short handed Spartan squad, that kid was a workhorse, 50+ carries in some games! How bout that, two years in a row Alexander has a representative on an all state team

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

The Portsmouth Daily Times annual All-Area team is in today's (Sunday, December 2nd) edition of the newspaper.

constantine
Waterboy

Post by constantine »

can anyone tell me where i can find past all-ohio teams from the 90s and 80s

Return to “Football”