Paladin's Play-off Finals

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

A wrap up from my perspective of the entire weekend in Stark county... just returned home as the "Mini Storm" that hit late last night caused me and little Lamont to seek shelter and stay an extra night.

D-VI: Records are VERY decieving in these final games, NC was the much better team (more physical, and an excellent D6 running back), and their defense gave the spread of HL fits. Game not as close as the final score would indicate.

D-V: A HUGE difference in size, but once again, the boys from the MAC simply know how to perform on the big stage, limit their mistakes, and make you pay for yours. Marion Local's QB was very good.

D-IV: Use any reference that comes to mind, David vs. Goliath, Hoosiers, etc. Lots of talk about this game being a TOTAL mismatch, and Money being the best team in the state regardless of division. HA!! The regional final win by Coldwater over an excellent Alter team should have been an indication that these kids NEVER quit. Less size, speed, skill you name it... everything against them. As good of a high school title game, where sheer will overcame all else, and a great lesson to underdogs all over the high school football landscape... you are allowed to win!

D-III: One of the "oddest" state finals I have ever watched. Truly a game where the numbers lie. But, to get on that stage, have 5 turnovers, and expect to win, is unrealistic. Studlein is the real deal for 'Nut.

D-II: Anderson has not been D2 for very long, if at all, before this year. Their size and skill package pretty much shocked Louisville at the beginning, then was able to hold off a very "game" Leopard ballclub. Fun game to watch.

D-I: X is almost so good, they are "boring". Based on the last several years, in general, there seems to be quite a difference in the level of D1 ball played in Ohio from say Columbus to Cincy vs. the rest of the state. The semi-final against Coffman was the only real test the Bombers had in the playoffs. Mentors run D, and lack of commitment to the run, makes one wonder how quick of an "out" they would be in Region 4.

Summary: All in all, minus the D1 and D6 finals, it was one of the most competitive and exciting in the many years of having attended. Also, geographically speaking, the Northeast region of the state really layed a big goose egg for the weekend, despite being represented by the most teams. Southwest Ohio can lay claim to the "Top Dog" divisions (1 and 2), Central to 3 and 6, and West/Southwest to 4 and 5.

Calling it like it is...
chillout
Riding the Bench

Post by chillout »

Isnt lil lamont bigger than just lamont? lol

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Re: Paladin's Play-off Finals

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Paladin wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:11 pm In order , as they occur

D-V In an upset, Youngstown Ursuline over Marion Local. This one could be real close. But mistakes/turn-overs will be the difference. McQueen could have a field day. Calpreps has Marion Local.

D-III Big Walnut over Licking Valley. Another game that could go either way. Picking the D from a bigger league to shut down a Valley running attack.

D-II Louisville over Anderson. Leps are stong on D, important in the Champ game. And they had the better schedule.

D-VI Hopewell over Newark Catholic. Better D should prevail.

D- IV Mooney over Coldwater. This will be close first half. Cards will pull away in the second. Dominate run game & tough D carry Mooney.

D-I This one I have problems with. I'll pick St. X over Mentor and I like Mentor, but X. has played like crap all tournament long as the favorite. Tanski is the player of the year in D-I for good reason. He wins games and if he has the hot hand, Mentor will win. Prohibitive favorite is X, but Mentor won't be a surprise.

So far 12 for 12 in the Semi's. 100%
yiles

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?

Return to “Football”