Cincinnati ST.X. 27 Mentor 0

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Not much of a game X. was dominating.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Who'd a thunk it???
The only blow-out game is in Div 1!!
Mentor didn't even get across the 50 yd line til 1:40 left in the game.
St. X ends a perfect season in a perfect way!!
And the southwest shuts out the northeast again!!!!

I'll delete my redundant thread.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

Leave it to the BIG schools to have a BORING game :lol:

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

I wouldn't say "boring". Watching Darius Ashley work his Houdini tricks is always interesting! He's going to Louisville - darn it all - and will be playing against my UC Bearcats. He certainly comes across as a mature, poised, articulate young man in addition to being a great athlete.
And how about the sophomore quarterback who took over when the starting QB was injured fairly late in the season?? Obviously some smarts under his helmet as well as physical athletic skills.
At least through the 3rd quarter, I just kept waiting for Mentor to break something big, a'la Coldwater, and get back in it. St. X plays a brutal schedule even within their Conference, let alone outside it. I tend to root for public over private schools, but I am loving the increasing domination of Cincinnati area teams over Cleveland teams!!
Now, if someone would only tell the folks at STO that the State of Ohio borders extend beyond the Cuyahoga County line! Sports Time "OHIO", my foot - it's all Cleveland, all the time!!! We here in Ironton begged so hard for ONN to be added to our cable line-up, and now somehow STO gets the contract for the Championship games - a TW thing, I think. Someone please send them a map of the WHOLE State, and tell them the Reds and Bengals are both OHIO teams, also.
Last edited by caglewis on Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Louisville has a rb a freshman this year by the name of Victor Anderson and he is the real deal. I think he will be a starter before long.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

caglewis...I did not mean that watching these players were boring. I meant that I thought the game itself would have been a lot better overall than it ended up.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

ashley is amazing and should go somewhere he can play..

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

where you at superblue :?:

10mike
Riding the Bench

Post by 10mike »

Ashley is an amazing running back but the real story IMO is the St. Xavier defense. They physically dominated a Mentor offense that was previously thought to be unstoppable. The Bombers made Tanski (Mr Football) and the rest of the Cardinal offense look average! This defense ranks a close 2nd behind only the 2004 Colerain defense among the best that I have ever seen.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

I'll agree with that, 10mike!
George Vogel, WLWT sportscaster, attended the OHSAA Championship games in Canton/Massillon Friday and Saturday and then moved over to Pittsburgh for the Bengals-Steelers game on Sunday.
He made a statement on-air that he saw better defense, more discliplined play, and fewer "dumb" mistakes from the two Cincinnati HIGH SCHOOL [St. Xavier and Anderson] teams than he saw from the PRO Bengals team!
Darius Ashley [and other offensive players] get their chance to shine especially if they have a strong defensive team, too.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

wellstonrockets wrote:ashley is amazing and should go somewhere he can play..

I don't understand this comment. Are you questioning his choice of schools? Darius Ashley has commited to attend Louisville, a strong competitor in the Big East. Are you saying he's too good for them, or they're too good for him?
I don't agree on either count! Louisville is a good school with a strong football program.
Ashley's talents certainly give him a chance to be an immediately contributing factor on their team, and he absolutely won't be "wasting his talent" by going there.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Hey 91, I watched most of the D-1 game in the Bus..... Rain, snow & sleet not a very good mix for me..... We had a local Official work the Mooney game, Did you know that........ Was Mentor hampered by the elements??? I know the reasoning for playing the D-1 game last , but wouldn't it be a good idea to rotate the order of the games and play The D-1 game at 3 or 11..... Might lead to better weather and a more exciting game...

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

I wasn't a big fan of the weather for the Div. I game either. First came a pretty good snow and then it turned to freezing rain. Whenever we left, my coat was literally frozen. On the way back down 77, I had to have seen 10-15 vehicles who slid off the road into ditches. I wish they would play the Div. I game at 3 on Saturday afternoon, just seems like when it's the night game there is always bad weather every year.

Return to “Football”