Does schedule strength determine post season success?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i dont think you can accurately debate this topic. a poll would be nice to see though.
a major difference in schools make-up not 1 is the same. standards are different.

but i do believe in train as you would fight or practice like you play :!:

you are at competition and on the field the most with teamates . i think that has the bigger impact on how well a team will play on friday. there is not a definite time for how long an offense will be on the field. so preparation has to be the biggest component to me for success and some luck. :? :?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

SOUNDS LIKE WISDOM TO ME. MUCH EASIER TO READ, THAN THE LOGAN DYNAMIC DUO. SEE WE, ARE RELEVENT. DON'T TELL PALADIN. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

THAT IS WELL WITHIN THIS CENTURY 8)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT, I WAS AT THE NEW ALBANY/GAHS WITH YOU GAHS4EVER.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Hilltop,

We are very close to agreeing. You just want to defend your AD. That is cool. Job security. Smart guy. I still say it takes work to schedule and plenty of it. But heck most of us(posters) work.

As i said YTB if Ironton finds its way back to the top, be sure and growl loud. i just don't want to hear it while Logan has the Tigers caged.

Gahs, (the editor)

You mention all the teams you play. You mention your playoff success(which teams like Logan helped prepare you for). However you avoid the fact that last year coming into the Logan game Gallia supporters, posters, and coaches were all over the blue devil defense. Once you ran into a team who could play(not VC or PT) the defense looked quite average or below. Why do you like to whip up on poor teams? i say look for a little competition. Oh i know you love me.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

2old i have to give it to ya, you are something now :!:

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Editor,

Your shut outs are of little or no value. List who you shut out if you want to brag about it.I listed two and my feelings have not changed. Easy feel good victories and very little benefit.

As for the Gallia I am on record of saying it is a good game for Gallia and a bad one for Logan. The Logan JV will be very busy that night. I believe it was a game of convenience for both AD's. You will not hear me brag about that match up. But you guys should be proud.

As far as digging through your old post you seem to do it quite frequently. I think you are afraid to see what you said. Of course YOU could ALWAYS EDIT them.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

too old, it seems like logans tough regular season schedule hasn't done much to help them in the post season.

:D :D :D
2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

You whiney Tigers and editor

Pleasant I have said all off season I wish the league would IMPROVE so Logan could face stiffer competition.

Logan was in a very balanced region. Any team could have come out of the region. But you guys are so busy slamming Logan you can not se that.

Now as i have said before part of the reason for Logan's early departure was your weak teams. Beating everyone by 40 points makes it hard for a team to stay focused.

Besides NONE of you have ever played in the playoffs at the level of competition Logan has faced in the playoffs. EVER

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Excellent point , 2old. While some folks are happy playing in the D-IV play-offs, the big boys in D-I & II play-offs make your level of competition laughable.

Y'all wouldn't even come close to matching up with the EIGHTH SEED.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Or which is better -- the Rose Bowl or the Toilet Bowl ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have gun, will travel
BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Paladin wrote: tiggers

Ironton Fighting Tigers.......how many times before you get it right....

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

2old wrote:You whiney Tigers and editor

Pleasant I have said all off season I wish the league would IMPROVE so Logan could face stiffer competition.
Logan was in a very balanced region. Any team could have come out of the region. But you guys are so busy slamming Logan you can not se that.

Now as i have said before part of the reason for Logan's early departure was your weak teams. Beating everyone by 40 points makes it hard for a team to stay focused.

Besides NONE of you have ever played in the playoffs at the level of competition Logan has faced in the playoffs. EVER

You could always just join another league. :razz:

:D :D :D
hogfarmer
Riding the Bench

Post by hogfarmer »

"Logan was in a very balanced region. Any team could have come out of the region. But you guys are so busy slamming Logan you can not se that." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, ANY team could not have won that region. Logan couldn't have.

"Now as i have said before part of the reason for Logan's early departure was your weak teams. Beating everyone by 40 points makes it hard for a team to stay focused."

Good excuse. Westfall didn't have a problem, and didn't even have a game until the regional final. So that arguement doesn't hold water either.

"While some folks are happy playing in the D-IV play-offs, the big boys in D-I & II play-offs make your level of competition laughable."

Coldwater and Mooney, and probably Kettering Alter, would have walked through the D2 playoffs. Logan would have a hard time competing in the D4 playoffs. They couldn't have beaten Westfall or St. Clairsville, and, looking at the Tri-Valley game, would have struggled with Waverly because they couldn't stop the pass. Keep thinking Logan is the cream of the crop, it's always funny to those of us who actually know the game to read this stuff. Please keep it coming, laughter is good for you.

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Coldwater, Mooney, and Alter would NOT have walked through the D-II playoffs.

Calling it like it is...
2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Editor,
No offense but at the skill level Gallia is curently playing at you are in position to judge that. When a team is lost against a superior competition they are just lost.

Secondly Alter is good I will give you, But they are no Lancaster, Hilliard Davidson or Upper Arlington. Like I said you HAVE no idea of the talent Logan has played against. You know a little about se Ohio football. Not football on a state level.

I know you hate to travel, but sometimes you have to get out of Gallia County.

BTW, why do you take such delight in runniong down the team that has whipped your devils 9 of the last 11 years and won the league you compete in 8 of last 10 years. ANSWER: obviously

Chieftain Envy

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Better competition = Better Results????

Post by Old Tom Morris »

The is a lot to say for playing better competition in the season to prepare your team for postseason play. Is it a major factor, probably not but it sure can contribute to a better preopared team. I personnally know that I would rather play against better competition to challange me to improve and in fact have some benchmark to compare my improvement or lack of improvement.

Now ..... for 2old and Paladin .....

Its a real easy statement for you to make telling the other teams of the weak SEOAL that they need to improve to provide a better challenge for Logan. I would agree with you 100% that improvement amoung all the league teams would not only help Logan be better prepared for the post season play but it would improve each and every team in the leagues outlook for post season play. There does happen to be a major flaw in your theory.

It is not as simple as any one team deciding that they are going to improve overnight. Mitigating factors such as enrollment, talent level of the student athletes available each season, and believe it or not there is a little luck involved that CAN and WILL prevent some programs from just improving by deciding that they are going to improve to offer Logan a better challanger. It is far simpler to achieve an improvement in the competition for Logan, Logan could look for ways to make that happen on their own. First, look at your out of conference schedule ...... toughen that up. Their may not be enough opportunities for you to find quality opponents that you desire but I believe there are quite a few teams that would be willing to sign a contract with Logan if Logan were to look around and make an effort. If you cannot achieve the success in finding those quality opponemts to challenge you then you could also consider finding a new confrence that would provide sufficient competition for you.

To get to my point!

Stop your bitching and moaning about your league competition and either suck it up and play with whose is in the SEOAL or find yourself a new league and play there.

Your continual sermons extolling the greatness of Logan and disparaging the rest of the SEOAL is getting quite tiresome to many folks in the world on SEOPS.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Editor,

Actually no one said Logan was an Alter. On the other hand ...What the heck is Gallia. Loser of 9 of the last 11 games. I don't think you have a word to say. And comparing a scrimmage to a game really shows your knowledge.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Tom,

What is your point. Logan plays D-1 Lancaster and Pick North. My problem is with teams in the league that schedule weak teams like VC, Wellston and Athens.

BTW, Tom the game in Scotland is futbol. Maybe you are on the wrong forum.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Fact is strength of schedule doe NOT determine a teams success. A team can improve themselves to have success without the competition.

However tougher competition can help prepare you for more things at higher levels.

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

2old ---- your problem is YOU!

Post by Old Tom Morris »

I am willing to bet that no one really cares if you approve of their scheduling or not.

For your information the GAME of Scotland is golf, Scotland is the home of Golf and always will be.

2old it is not your place to tell me what is the right or wrong forum for me.
I would venture to say that I know a helluva lot more about the game of football than you do sir so dont try to chastise me.

Just so you know I picked the name Old Tom Morris to honor a gentleman that is a historic figure in sports, Old Tom was a champion golfer in his day. A little history leason can be found at the following site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Tom_Morris

My FIRST point since you asked is that Logan is responsible for their scheduling and their scheduling alone. If your true desire is to toughen up your team by better scheduling talk to your AD and get him to get on the phone and look for new opponents or a new league ....... if your just trying to be a thorn in other peoples side just keep bitching, moaning, and complaining about how everyone else is so much beneath Logan.

My SECOND point is as I said before: "Your continual sermons extolling the greatness of Logan and disparaging the rest of the SEOAL is getting quite tiresome to many folks in the world on SEOPS."

By the way ...... how does Logan compare in the other sports in the conference?

I know how they compare in Golf - they didnt fare too well in the SEOAL league tournament this past fall

Zanesville------306
Jackson---------311
Athens----------317
Ironton---------318
Warren---------322
Marrietta-------326
Logan-----------326
Portsmouth----359
Gallia------------364
Chillicothe------422

and individually the top 16 were

Nathan Kerns-I,--69 ,two under par for medalist honors