Does schedule strength determine post season success?

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Hilltop,

First you took the quote out of context. Do you work for a news network. Secondl I was saying a coach MUST prepare for 10 games. An AD has to really be imaginative in scheduling three. 70% of his job is handed to him. I am saying coaches prepare every week plus preseason. I in no way meant to imply coaching kids 15-17 was EASY. In fact you have no problem convincing me it is next to impossible. So relax. Reread my post. If it is a crack on anyone it is the AD. Certainly not coaches. Actually it is just a challenge to AD's to schedule better teams.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

YOU ACTUALLY NEED TO LISTEN TO HILLTOP KID 2OLD.
he's a real coach, not a popcorn fart, behind a keyboard. i bet you never even played the game. and are acting like a tom osborne wanna be. you could not spell nebraska right, much less learn a playbook. so put your purple jersey on, and rant away. i doubt the undertaker will keep your lips sealed properly, while some paid off preacher tells what a hero you are to logan. :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

YTB,

Man you are obviously off your medicine. Let me just make it simpl,e for you. You have won nothing in this century. You quit the best league you have ever been in.

Now as for your mouth. You may open it when YOUR Tigers prove it on the field. Until then you are a Tiger in the Logan cage. We poke fun at you and say how tough you used to be. If you want out of the cage and gain the privilege to roar again, it is quite simple. BEAT LOGAN.

Amyx is way ahead of Lutz these days. He was good. Back in 1989. That bad call he made in 1999 ended his career.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

listen to the kettle calling the pot black. 2old, it's logan, who plays nobody. who will you replace athens with. talk to yor ad, and demand a real game. with somebody your own size. you said this past football season, you could not compete with lancaster. so i know you all won't pick on any body bigger. heck, 3/4 of our schedule is against bigger opponents. and look at our last 35 years, we ain't skeered.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

YTB,

"ain't skeered"

I used to believe that. However since Ironton has entered the league they play the size card more than Gallia.

I have long said Ironton has a proud history. Their current history is 11-11 in their last 22 games. Kind of a far cry from a Tiger.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

2old wrote:YTB,

Man you are obviously off your medicine. Let me just make it simpl,e for you. You have won nothing in this century. You quit the best league you have ever been in.

Now as for your mouth. You may open it when YOUR Tigers prove it on the field. Until then you are a Tiger in the Logan cage. We poke fun at you and say how tough you used to be. If you want out of the cage and gain the privilege to roar again, it is quite simple. BEAT LOGAN.

Amyx is way ahead of Lutz these days. He was good. Back in 1989. That bad call he made in 1999 ended his career.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- says the village authority. hell, you have a whole county to pick from, and you mauled us 2 years ago, 7 --- 0. and you won't admit it. but the game this year, you were in dire straights of losing that , we owned you the first half. but our kids wore down in the 2nd half, as you had a battallion of fresh horses to come in. i'll be the first to tell you, it wears you out going both ways and special teams a whole game. but ironton , WAS NOT CONDITIONED WELL THIS YEAR. I SEE THAT PROBLEM, GETTING CORRECTED THIS YEAR. YOU WILL BE COACHING ACROSS FROM THE OLD BOB LUTZ. so expect plenty more .

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Yes, if you can compete.

If you are going to be a team who's going to win 1, maybe 2 games, then I think you should schedule down and give you kids a chance at a couple of more wins. But, if you are going to be a playoff calibur team, you can't schedule creampuffs and expect to get any better.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

so, we are 11-11 in the last 22 games. who gives a flip. we obviosly have been down. we've probably won 75 more playoff games, than you have your little league titles. i don't know the actual number, but it is staggering. something logan can't do playing the athens nunery.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thank you danica, thats why ironton has an impecable playoff record. while logan barely gets off their school bus steps. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

2old wrote:Hilltop,

First you took the quote out of context. Do you work for a news network. Secondl I was saying a coach MUST prepare for 10 games. An AD has to really be imaginative in scheduling three. 70% of his job is handed to him. I am saying coaches prepare every week plus preseason. I in no way meant to imply coaching kids 15-17 was EASY. In fact you have no problem convincing me it is next to impossible. So relax. Reread my post. If it is a crack on anyone it is the AD. Certainly not coaches. Actually it is just a challenge to AD's to schedule better teams.

Fair enough. You got me all worked up there.
Honestly though, I'm not sure I want the AD doing the scheduling by himself.Especially some of the AD's I've known. :-D He really needs to consult the coach and work together. I still don't think you reralize how hard it is to schedule non-conference opponents, especially being picky about it. It's really not easy to match up times, dates, home/away games etc... The other thing I keep throwing in there is if you have limitations from the powers that be.If they tell you that you can't travel more than 2 hours away and you're a D6 school. Unless you jump up 2-3 divisions, you may have to travel. Thats why all the small schools on the river are scheduling the WV schools.It also goes the other way. If you are a bigger school in an area that has smaller schools you have to give one way or the other.
Do I work for a news network. :? Good one. :-D I was just getting ready to ask you if you were Hillary's campaign manager for Hocking County. :shock: :lol: :shock: :-D It's easy to get things out of context on a computer, even with the trusty emoticons.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

sorry i had to leave the computer, for a bedding delivery.

where did my chest thumping friends paladin, and 2old light off to. probably got dizzy screaming fourpeat at me. try 19-20 peat . its something like that when ironton prowled the seoal of old. their days are numbered.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

I will say, from the last 5 years, Ironton only being in the SEOL the first 3 of them 5. they went further in the playoffs when they were NOT on the SEOL. that being said they would be better off going back to their "tougher schedule"
Last edited by mstangmom on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

look at mighty d2 athens. they left the seoal, cause they could not find gas money. then schedule a team, on the indiana border. whose frosh team, could probably beat the varsity. i don't expect a response from anybody, i'm the bad guy here, on athen's case. but, you see how they were able to pony up gas money, all of a sudden. hmmmm. :shock: :shock:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

mstangmom wrote:I will say, from the last 5 years, Ironton only being in the SEOL the last 3 of them they went futher in the playoffs when they we NOT on the SEOL. that being said they would be better off going back to their "tougher schedule"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------actually we have only been back in the seoal 2 years now mom. actually about 1 1/2 years considering all sports. but two full seasons of football. i just wanna be around , when the worm turns for logan. we are cocky, but we've always backed it up. a couple sub-par years , certainly by ironton, and we've became nobody, to the under achieving chieftains. i'm just sick of hearing it.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

I edited the post YTB, what I was trying to say was in the last 5 years Ironton did better and went further in the playoffs when they were not in the league,

Actually, and this is just a question in the last 2 years has any team in the league made it past round 1?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Bait.......... don't take this the wrong way. I'm not refering to the tiggers here. No one cares about you guys because you aren't relevant :lol: Schedule whomever you want.

Hilltop -- I did scheduling on a two year basis to keep track of level of competition and had to be careful as I was Head Coach at an old Class A team ( D-VI today) that scheduled Class AAA & AA ( todays D-II & III's). Played with and beat them. But a talent drop-off could be disasterous.

You can't possibly schedule 6 years out & know how you'll match up. Thats where smart ( not lazy) AD's come in.

When you are playing people, even losing by 7-6, 12-7, 20-14,etc,,,,,,,,you know you are playing your level of competition and stretching yourself if the teams are good. Beating non-league teams 30-0 or worse means you are BSing the public and not doing a thing for your program.

Have gun, will travel
hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

Paladin wrote:Hilltop -- I did scheduling on a two year basis to keep track of level of competition and had to be careful as I was Head Coach at an old Class A team ( D-VI today) that scheduled Class AAA & AA ( todays D-II & III's). Played with and beat them. But a talent drop-off could be disasterous.

You can't possibly schedule 6 years out & know how you'll match up. Thats where smart ( not lazy) AD's come in.

When you are playing people, even losing by 7-6, 12-7, 20-14,etc,,,,,,,,you know you are playing your level of competition and stretching yourself if the teams are good. Beating non-league teams 30-0 or worse means you are BSing the public and not doing a thing for your program.

Exactly. You've done it, so you know it could be a bear. If you have the freedom to schedule who you want w/ out limitations, then it's fairly easy as long as you stay on top of it. If you have a board or other administrators that are worried about a 2 hour drive or constantly worried about gate money and how the other teams travel, then it's a pain. Trust me:)
GAHS4ever was right about a lot of teams, regardless of their level, don't bring a lot of people with them to the Southern part of the state.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

PALADIN, YOU MUST HAVE OVERSCHEDULED , ACCORDING TO YOUR ROSECRAN'S RECORD. OR WERE THEY JUST FLAT OUT BEASTS , THAT BEAT YOU.

PALADIN, 2OLD. I USED TO BE ATTRACTED TO A COUPLE BOOB'S. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- THEN I MET YOU TWO. NOW THAT'S FUNNY . I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE. DID 2OLD CALL, YOU BECAUSE HE COULD NOT KEEP UP WITH OLE DAD. :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and 2old, paladin. get off the meds kick, it only makes you look more stupid, than you already are. you two have been blowing too hard on your blow up girlfriends. they'll only hold so much. then it affects what little brain matter you have left. :shock: :shock:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

mustang mom, i'm not sure. but i don't think any of the seoal teams have made it past the first round the last 2 years, while we have been a member, but thats strictly from memory, i could be wrong.

Return to “Football”