Minfords Aaron Ostrowski

Gilliam65
Waterboy

Minfords Aaron Ostrowski

Post by Gilliam65 »

This kid really came out of no where this year and turned into a big part of this defense and not including all the things this offseason he has gotten All-State Mention, All Area and I think All District. But anyways what kind of year do you guys think the kid has upon him?

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Don't really know the kid, but just goes to show you how kids mature though high school. Too many times kids are written off and overlooked when they are in the younger leagues due to lack of physical development and they decide not to continue to play sports anymore. When in fact they possibly could turn into pretty decent ball players. Many, many times I've witnessed the dominating players of pee wee and jr high (which are usually a little older and more mature) are passed by these undeveloped kids once they reach their junior or senior years.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

I don't know the kid's story and I am not saying this is the case, but I agree with Bulldog about how some kids get written off by the so-called experts coaching pee-wee and little league and by time they are juniors and seniors they have turned a complete 180 and the so-called studs of pee-wee and little league are either no longer playing or have been passed by. I have seen it happen time and time again as well. It is unfortunate and it would be nice if the coaches at the lower levels would learn to keep their mouths shut and let the kids develop.

Back to the topic at hand, apparently this kid worked his butt off in the off season, came into Minford with a fresh start and quickly made a name for himself. That is what made the difference. I have met the young man and he seems like a good kid and we are all looking and hoping for big things from him come next Fall.

The same can be said for all the Minford football players. Minford is looking for big things from a lot of the upcoming juniors and seniors, as well as some of the sophomores. Weightlifting started this week and from what I understand, there are close to 60 kids lifting. Next season starts now and it looks like they are off to a good start.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I can promise you one thing......I was listening to Coach Crabtree during the Valley game on Valley's sidelines and I am sure he would rather have this kid on his side of the ball.

The kid is not very big, not super stout, but he plays with a big heart. That is what I like about him and what stands out. He is truly a great competitor and doesnt let size dictate the outcome of each hit he puts on people.

I am sure that he will have a fine year next year.

awesomepossum
Freshman Team

Post by awesomepossum »

I don't know the kid, but I do know he can lay the wood. Very exciting to watch.

On another note, its great to hear that there is high numbers in the weight room. That is one of the things that have really turned around in Minford from a few years ago, and I believe it will lead to success.

Return to “Football”