Waterboy

Minford Football

Post by Falcon 89 »

Any word on who's interested ?

osu 77
All State

Re: Minford Football

Post by osu 77 »

No dawg in this one but if I was Minford I would test the waters. Ironton picked inside and it has been bad from day one. Good luck with the coaching search.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

osu 77 wrote:No dawg in this one but if I was Minford I would test the waters. Ironton picked inside and it has been bad from day one. Good luck with the coaching search.

Wow Daniels is done ?

He done a good job there

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

It was long rumored that Coach Daniels would be stepping away from the game after his son's class graduates, and that is this time. He resigned on his own terms, I think he wants to enjoy time with his family. Thanks for the great run Coach Daniels, you took us and heeled the Minford program after the train wreck that was before you after we should of hired him the first time. I hope Minford does open it up to the outside, I think Minford is a good job now, thanks in part to what this staff was able to do in terms of raising the bar of expectations for Minford Football.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Wayne Horsley?
Coached Ben Hartsock at Unioto.
He knows the game and Minford.
Doubt he would leave Athens though.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

petesweaty wrote:Wayne Horsley?
Coached Ben Hartsock at Unioto.
He knows the game and Minford.
Doubt he would leave Athens though.
That would be a great hire!

armchaircoach
Waterboy

Post by armchaircoach »

Ruby would do good job.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

armchaircoach wrote:Ruby would do good job.

I agree, I think he would be a good long term solution. Their will always be some growing pains with rookie head coaches, but same as I believe Fenton is the right guy long term at SW, I could see Ruby fitting this role for Minford football.

Falcon 89
Waterboy

Post by Falcon 89 »

Ok , Ruby would be a good coach .. But in past history of Minford Football . They have had a committee to interview coaches . But after talking to some alum this has stop . The varsity girls Basketball job was not by committee , Baseball job was not by interview committee .. Has the School board let a few run the system ..

Roy rogers
Waterboy

Post by Roy rogers »

if no one else applies why go to committee ?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Roy rogers wrote:if no one else applies why go to committee ?
True.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

I couldn't imagine this job not having several interested parties. I think it is a really good job now-a-days.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Daniels had laid the foundation to build on. He had a good career and made the playoffs 5 out of 9 years with 7 winning seasons. He got the strength and conditioning program up and running and the kids got bigger and stronger, The facilities are brand new, can't be more than 8 years old. Now Minford needs a coach to take them to the next level. That would be a better beefed up non-conference schedule, deeper runs into the playoffs, SOC 2 Championships on a regular basis and beating conference teams that has Minford's number. The talent and numbers are there now with the kids to build on. Minford has got to have a fresh new program now, If you keep doing what you are doing, you will always get what you got, nothing will change. Same as saying " you keep doing the same thing over and over and keep expecting different results". Change the culture!

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

Has this job been posted anywhere?

Falcon 89
Waterboy

Post by Falcon 89 »

Roy Rodgers .. Do you have inside info that nobody applied for this job.. I find that absurd .. If so where do we find out where the job is posted ..

Roy rogers
Waterboy

Post by Roy rogers »

i would think one could call the school and see if it has been posted. I have not. heard if Minford has posted the job. secondly read the comment i made didn't say anything about no one applying for job, i just replied to comment about committee . didn't know a committee interviewed coaches .

Falcon 89
Waterboy

Post by Falcon 89 »

Roy I guess your not from Minford .. They have had committees on both Football and Girls basketball in the past ... Reason why I have no answer .

bigtrain
Waterboy

Post by bigtrain »

chip Kelly is interested :P

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

bigtrain wrote:chip Kelly is interested :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nctabulator
Riding the Bench

Post by nctabulator »

Does anyone know who Minford plays in Weeks 3 and 10? I found the entire schedule, except for those 2 weeks.

Return to “Football”