Dark And Foreboding - Tank Stadium - It's Changing Look

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

YEAH, HE'S A FUNNY GUY, ALRIGHT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

YTB...... :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: ...... :lol:

Home of the Atlanta Falcons.
ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Post by ItownBrowns »

I believe in the new plans there will be a faculty parking lot behind the south endzone of the stadium. Thats great for the faculty but how about a new building in that end of the stadium. Seems to me that would work even better. Perhaps even a joint facility with OUSC. You could even design it to give it the old boilerhouse look with the smokestack. Both institutions buildings are similar and I think a combination of the two would be very nice. Perhaps new locker rooms for I'town. Coach's office and referee locker room. A trainers facility that players could use and the university uses to possibly expand their curriculam to include sports med. A top notch fitness center divided for both institutions to use. Half for Ironton athletes and half for OUSC students, alumni and for possibly more classes they could offer. OUSC could put some classrooms in there. Perhaps one auditorium style that OU could use for classes and I'town on Sun. nights for film study. Seems everyone wins when we all work together. Just a dream probably, but you gotta start somewhere. Massillon Ohio is about to add on a huge facility to Paul Brown Tiger Stadium in a coop program with Aultcare called D.R.E.A.M.. Theirs will incorperate many of the things I just described here.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I would love to see Ironton have a raised and roofed area for those who are wheelchair bound at one end zone. Ironton has so many who are in wheelchairs at every game and they have very limited vision. It would be great to make life a little more enjoyable for these people with such a structure

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS, SOMEBODY FIX IT SO WE CAN TALK SHOP.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TheToe
Waterboy

Post by TheToe »

Well, all these suggestions are very nice....one problem though...MONEY! Where does it come from??? Lets face it folks, it doesn't grow on trees!

However there is hope! I understand that Bob and Mike, along with a few others, are in the planning stages of a huge fund raising drive to renovate the Tank. I've heard that 1.5 mil is their goal! A tidy sum to be sure.

Field Turf, stadium renovations, field house, entrance....all the stuff thats been mentioned above are being discussed.

So how about it Tiger fans. Are you ready to pony up! Or are you gonna wait and let some rich doctor or corperation do it all?

Me, you ask!! I'm ready. I can't really afford it but I'll ante up. I'll pledge a grand over a period of time! Hows that for putting your money where you mouth is?

Go TIgers!

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

1.5 million.....Wow
That doesn't sound like alot,considering how much you say they want done.

Never Give Up!
Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

Hosscat

If you and juke boxer would do 2 things I think a dent can be made in that 1.5 mill.

Get that construction team of yours that was going to work on the gym floor to help out with all this building. If you guys would donate 1/2 of your daily koolaide consumption for one month that would be the down payment on the loan.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

kantuckyII wrote:I would love to see Ironton have a raised and roofed area for those who are wheelchair bound at one end zone. Ironton has so many who are in wheelchairs at every game and they have very limited vision. It would be great to make life a little more enjoyable for these people with such a structure

I think they need to remodel the whole football structure starting with the playing field. Then move over to the stadium and build all new bleachers. Next move under the stadium and update all the areas including the Coaches and players facilities "Home and Visitors".

If this is not done in short order we could have a major problem with the whole cover stadium and it's structure.

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

OSU 77

There are problems with reonvating the current structure.

Once the Structure was placed on the books as a Historic Building the amount and type of renovations are greatly restricted and become very costly. Significant changes cannot be made without things exactly matching the orginal construction and design. There are architects and construction companies that specialize in historic renovations and they typically cost dearly unless they are willing to donate their services. I am not aware of any of "those" kind of professionals with ties to Ironton or Tank Memorial Stadium.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Build a new smokestack and let the people and buisinesses of Ironton buy bricks with their names on it, and have it two color of brick, regular red brick for the ones with names on them and then orange brick and have a big I in the middle of the stack, even though I can't stand Ironton I know what it is like to have a symbol of you staduim gone, when Coal Grove build their new schools it took a long time for me to get use to note seeing the Giovani's sign that was on the old little league concession stand, but with the ppl of Ironton giving for this new school and for field turf then the school should give something back the parents, and fans and the citizens of Ironton.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

2trap_4ever wrote:Build a new smokestack and let the people and buisinesses of Ironton buy bricks with their names on it, and have it two color of brick, regular red brick for the ones with names on them and then orange brick and have a big I in the middle of the stack, even though I can't stand Ironton I know what it is like to have a symbol of you staduim gone, when Coal Grove build their new schools it took a long time for me to get use to note seeing the Giovani's sign that was on the old little league concession stand, but with the ppl of Ironton giving for this new school and for field turf then the school should give something back the parents, and fans and the citizens of Ironton.

I sure hope they build another smokestack, I was absolutely devasted watching it come down and I can only imagine what you must have felt like when you didn't have the Giovannis pizza sign to look at. One of the Grovers by the name of I am Forrest told me that was the saddest day of his life when the pizza sign came down........oh well, no smoke and no pizza, we cant have it all........

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

I was by there today. It just doesn`t look the same !

Return to “Football”