Recruiting Nights

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Recruiting Nights

Post by hilltopkid »

How many assistants, Head coaches or folks with connections to programs in Southern Ohio would like to see a College Recruiting night in the area? I guess I should ask how many think their team/coaches would participate?Several areas in Ohio, actually all but Southern, have recruiting nights where all of the participating HS's set up tables or in a motel room and "sell" their athletes to the mostly D-IAA-DIII coaches that come to get info from an entire area in one night. They hand out profiles and have projectors or TV's set up for coaches to view game film.Believe me, if you advertise to all of the colleges well enough in advance and schedule it on a different night than the others, we could get more So. Ohio boys a chance at colleges.
I know that several area coaches have entertained the idea and would probably jump into it if someone takes the lead. Hopefully we'll be able to put something together in the near future.
The Central Ohio Coaches Assoc. has theirs tomorrow night in Cols. It draws close to a hundred colleges I'd say, throughout the night. It's invaluable to them. they can knock out Central Ohio in 2-3 hours and save a lot of travel time.They can then narrow down what schools they need to visit and ones that dont have anyone.
The worst part though, is when you have one and the local coaches don't come. I don't care what school you are, you have someone that can at least give a shot at a D-3 school. Even if you have noone interested in college, you can meet the colleg coaches and get your schools name out there, or give out some names of underclassmen.I experienced this in east-central Ohio when only 2 out of 25 High schools invited showed up. There were about 25 angry college coaches. I felt bad for the HS coach.
What do you think?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Local coach's assn. puts on two in the area-- Warren/Trumbull County & Youngstown/mahoning County. The college coaches are here in huge numbers. Used to go down & mingle. Lots of contacts made that way and kids do get offers/recruited.

Have gun, will travel
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I think that would be a great Ideal.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I'd love to see Ironton have a recruiting night :lol: We could always use a good lineman or two and some running backs and don't forget a point kicker too.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I thought you guys already did that under the radar of course. ;-) You don't have to look far for a kicker just get one of the Flyers' soccer players to convert!

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

That would be a great thing to host one right here in Chillicothe.I know there's several kids that can get a scholarship at a college to play football.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

kantuckyII wrote:I'd love to see Ironton have a recruiting night :lol: We could always use a good lineman or two and some running backs and don't forget a point kicker too.

Sorry we are not talking about high school but soon to be college players.

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

that would be a great idea. i know that the one going on in columbus tonight always brings in alot of college coaches, and allows them to learn about kids that they never would've even thought about recruiting. i also know that the one in columbus has helped several kids from chillicothe get recruited to play football, since coach davidson has been here. i just wish that the coaching staff before that would've done the same thing, that way i could've had a better chance to play college ball. college coaches must love these things, they can do the bulk of their recruiting in one night for this area. great idea, but who will be the one who starts this thing????

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

HILLTOPKID, THATS A GREAT IDEA. I'VE SEEN YOUR WARROOM, IT IS MOST IMPRESSIVE AND WOULD BE HIGHLY ENLIGHTENING TO MANY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH'S TO MODEL AFTER. AND JUST A GREAT STAFF OF COACH'S , VERY PERSONABLE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

sounds dang good!!

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

hiltopkid: I think it's a great idea! I can't understand why more coaches don't go out and promote their kids. There can't be too many advocates for any student athlete and this is a great way to get their name out there. Thanks for all you've done and I know will continue to do for the student athletes in your life, be they near or far. :-D

Kantuck: I'm with you. ;-)

Once a Tiger (or Tigerette), always a Tiger!
hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

thanks YTB. I can't take any credit for it. We have a VERY good guy doing the bulk of the film work and makes all of the posters and profiles for each player. I just try and promote the kids as much as I can to anyone who'll listen.
Last night was a good night in Cols. Got to talk to a lot of coaches about the kids we're promoting.

valleyfan07
Varsity

Post by valleyfan07 »

Sounds like a really good idea to me!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

hilltopkid wrote:thanks YTB. I can't take any credit for it. We have a VERY good guy doing the bulk of the film work and makes all of the posters and profiles for each player. I just try and promote the kids as much as I can to anyone who'll listen.
Last night was a good night in Cols. Got to talk to a lot of coaches about the kids we're promoting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- what you all do for these kids is great. you have a model program in place for advocating your players , and others. thanks for choosing this profession.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

I know that Coach Wilcoxon of Fairland does a GREAT job at this. He puts alot of work into it. He puts their names out there and does alot more behind the scenes work.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

coach definately should be done in the SE district.
I would be willing to help out in any way possible.
I'm pretty sure we could use Unioto High/JH school

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

We have one in the making for next year in Chilli, just not a definite sight yet. We have a few different options,we just have to figure out which one will work best. Once the location is determined, we will send out letters to every college in Ohio and the surrounding states.I really think it can go over good. Several small ones have been attempted at various HS's, but failed due to lack of interest from the HS coaches, which is downright ridiculous IMO. Like I said earlier, the colleges will come.It saves them an enormous amount of time and money. I'll keep everyone posted as things come together.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

great job htk

Return to “Football”