The Walls Are Going Up......................

Army
S

Post by Army »

Good Deal :!:

GREAT that the Gallipolis Blue Devils are getting new facilities.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Its A long time comming ;-)

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

thats awesome

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

There were things on the news recently about new building openings in South Point and Cabell-Midland [?]. Those wall-sized touch computer screens replacing blackboards are amazing. The advances in technology are mind-boggling from when my kids were in school [25 yrs ago] let alone from when I was a student.
I was not allowed to take a 1-semester "personal typing" course as a freshman in high school - had to be at least a sophomore. [I never had time for it in my schedule after freshman year, and as a result, I am a slow, poor self-taught typist today.] Now they start "keyboarding" in what? about the 3rd grade?
It is a little sad to see the Ironton High School building walls come down; but anyone who thinks that a 60-yr-old building can be adequately retro-fitted to accomodate all these technological advances is dreaming.
Blessings on all communities that bit the bullet and passed the levies.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

caglewis ...

They're called "Smartboards." Remarkable technology. Unfortunately, this is just starting to flow into southeastern Ohio schools. Tremendous tool.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

my nephew is in 5th grade now and can remember him bringing fractions home in columbus not sure of the name of the private school but i was amazed ;-)

Return to “Football”