Create a schedule for a team you follow Try and keep it real

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Tigerbait....you guys went to double OT with an average Jackson team and nearly lost to a team struck by injury(Gallia)....not to mention being blown out in at least 4 of your losses and you make the comment that Ironton could have competed with St Clairsville better than RH cause you guys got spanked by Logan, Zanesville, Burg, Olentangy....just don't see it that way Bait. Yes you were young last year and played a schedule that was loaded like no other team around but I don't see the connection of you guys being better than RH last year....also, RH lost its last 2 games before and made the playoffs playing at Ironton for their 2nd playoff appearence.

Now, my argument is RH is tied to the OVC...case closed those games are set. Burg and West(D4 until last season) are 2 QUALITY D5 programs, better than many D4/D5. Tolsia was considered D4 in Ohio, they are replaced by D4 Zane Trace( a playoff team from 3 years ago). So your problem with RH's schedule must fall to D5 Oak Hill and Lucasville Valley.....RH has played Oak Hill since RH became a school district, the contract was renewed last season for 4 years. Valley was the 1st year of another 4 year contract.

Thing is, RH would have made the playoffs if they won their last 2 OVC games regardless of what the Tigers did in their last 3, both would have jumped the 7 seed. As far as strength of schedule goes, I said that RH has a fine schedule for its participation level...now if Vinton County, Marietta, Warren, Athens, or Wellston wants to start a series I'm sure that RH would listen...maybe we could even send word to Canada for a game or two. :lol:

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

This is all too funny since Ironton is looking into getting out of their league due to "gas" prices....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

footballfan wrote:Tigerbait....you guys went to double OT with an average Jackson team and nearly lost to a team struck by injury(Gallia)....not to mention being blown out in at least 4 of your losses and you make the comment that Ironton could have competed with St Clairsville better than RH cause you guys got spanked by Logan, Zanesville, Burg, Olentangy....just don't see it that way Bait. Yes you were young last year and played a schedule that was loaded like no other team around but I don't see the connection of you guys being better than RH last year....also, RH lost its last 2 games before and made the playoffs playing at Ironton for their 2nd playoff appearence.

Now, my argument is RH is tied to the OVC...case closed those games are set. Burg and West(D4 until last season) are 2 QUALITY D5 programs, better than many D4/D5. Tolsia was considered D4 in Ohio, they are replaced by D4 Zane Trace( a playoff team from 3 years ago). So your problem with RH's schedule must fall to D5 Oak Hill and Lucasville Valley.....RH has played Oak Hill since RH became a school district, the contract was renewed last season for 4 years. Valley was the 1st year of another 4 year contract.

Thing is, RH would have made the playoffs if they won their last 2 OVC games regardless of what the Tigers did in their last 3, both would have jumped the 7 seed. As far as strength of schedule goes, I said that RH has a fine schedule for its participation level...now if Vinton County, Marietta, Warren, Athens, or Wellston wants to start a series I'm sure that RH would listen...maybe we could even send word to Canada for a game or two. :lol:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIRST OFF , YOU LEFT PORTSMOUTH OFF OUR SPANKING LIST. :lol: jackson, was no average team, they are just in a brutal league. you seemed to pick the weakest of the opponents to offer games. i'm done with this , my thread was about how to elevate rock hill's program. not argue about rock hill's schedule. i have too many friends here to offend in that way.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

FIRST OFF , YOU LEFT PORTSMOUTH OFF OUR SPANKING LIST. :lol: jackson, was no average team, they are just in a brutal league. you seemed to pick the weakest of the opponents to offer games. i'm done with this , my thread was about how to elevate rock hill's program. not argue about rock hill's schedule. i have too many friends here to offend in that way.[/quote]

i thought the Tigers competed well with Portsmouth until late in the 3rd...not what I call a spanking. Jackson was down this year, even they will tell you that...
Bait, I don't remember offering anyone a game....but I wouldn't call Wheelersburg weak by any measure....they were picked up this year along with Zane Trace( a playoff team from a few years ago) who happens to be in RH's region. Seems to me that RH has made the playoffs 3 of the last five and competed for the OVC championship the past 5 seasons....this is an elevation of the program from the 80's/90's that struggled to break even...I think Burg is a huge step for the RH program.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i said i would not go here again, but i have to dispell some mistruths. in what i did and didn't say. there are several things wrong with your duplicatating posts. first off jackson is not a weak team, we were at the time , and came back from a 14 point deficit to beat this d2 school. nor is a wounded gallia team, weak either great d3 program, then became 4 this year. yes we were very young last year. but until you've played this level of competition, you cannot compare it with the ovc schedule, and several other smaller schools. as a schedule. you just can't. you stated last time rock hill played ironton , they lost their last 2 games, those were ovc losses , you did not mention. then lost as before in frst round to ironton. and i did indeed include your ovc schedule , simply scroll back, and you'll see. i only mentioned 5 non-league games to pick from. yes, portsmouth west was d4 , until recently. but the burg, is d5, and i came no where near stating they were weak. i stated they beat ironton this year. for the first time in over a decade. i'm not saying schedule is weak, just overloaded with smaller teams. how long is the wheelersburg contract, just curious ;-) and to some final thoughts, you said you'd like games with teams like:
VINTON COUNTY-D3
MARIETTA-D2
WARREN -=D3
ATHENS D2/3
WELLSTON -D4 OR 5.
AND A D1 CANADA SCHOOL. (SMILEY FACE)

just curious, why are you fine with your schedule, but want to play these weaker big teams. if you wanted them, you'd schedule them. they are temporarily weak. why would you want to tackle somebody like d2 marietta --------3 1/2 hours away. that is d2. when d4 ironton, is a good tee shot away. could it be because these teams have struggled for a few years. these are the teams i mentioned you picked 1 of them, the weakest of all, wellston. i said play:
IRONTON
PORTSMOUTH
CHILLICOTHE
WHEELERSBURG
WAVERLY
NEWARK CATHOLIC
NELSONVILLE -YORK
RUSSELL,KY.
ASHLAND , KY.
BELFRY, KY.
JACKSON
GALLIA ACADEMY
AMANDA CLEARCREEK
WELLSTON-------- YOU CHOSE WELLSTON.

so were all those other big schools you mentioned just to impress your friends or do you believe it yourself. if you think jackson, and gahs are weak, why not try them, much closer. and plenty of seating. don't try to twist my words, i'm just yankin your chain. i have been having a good wholesome conversation. play better, and bigger teams, and you may advance in playoffs in future.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WHAT SAY YOU FOOTBALL FAN, PLEASE USE MY REAL WORDS THIS TIME.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

It's called sarcasim TB.....I think you should go all the way back to the original post and re-read it, you are making quite a show trying to tear down RH's program and lessen the accomplishment of them making the playoffs last season due to a "weak" schedule in your opinion.
I said RH's schedule is getting stronger next year with the addition of Burg and that they are going in the right direction, but you continue to attack the RH schedule. AS far as Wellston goes, you said we should play them in your first post,I replied that they dropped us and was replaced with Burg.
By the way, those "weak" teams account for Tiger wins the last few seasons...that's where I was going with the schedule. I'm happy with RH's schedule the next few years...maybe more growth down the road.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

footballfan wrote:It's called sarcasim TB.....I think you should go all the way back to the original post and re-read it, you are making quite a show trying to tear down RH's program and lessen the accomplishment of them making the playoffs last season due to a "weak" schedule in your opinion.
I said RH's schedule is getting stronger next year with the addition of Burg and that they are going in the right direction, but you continue to attack the RH schedule. AS far as Wellston goes, you said we should play them in your first post,I replied that they dropped us and was replaced with Burg.
By the way, those "weak" teams account for Tiger wins the last few seasons...that's where I was going with the schedule. I'm happy with RH's schedule the next few years...maybe more growth down the road.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- THIS WILL BE MY FINAL POST ON THIS REGARDLESS, i'm not trying to be sarcastic at all. i simply replied to a request from a friend, allsport. who asked about my thoughts on adding to or changing rock hill's schedule or tweaking it a little to stengthen it. or at least thats how i understood it. i'm not attacking the schedule at all, and i apologize if you or anybody else feels that i have. but i've been around high school football a long time in this area. and i feel my comments were wise, and well thought out. a combination of any of the schools i mentioned would totally help bolster rock hill's football strength and points available. you forget i live here , in the rock hill district, i have for 27 years. and thats where my tax dollar goes. and i like rock hill. but i also realize what it takes to get to the next level. re:advancing in playoffs, generating computer points, and working toward building a state caliber football team. i gave many years of my life coaching rock hill youngsters in football, baseball, and basketball. and loved every minute of it. so i feel confident in what i say. but it is in no way, an attempt to belittle rock hill. YTB.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Rosecrans
-----------
1-Maysville-A
2-Strasburg-Franklin-A
3-Portsmouth Notre Dame-H
4-Sciotoville Community School (Portsmouth)H
5-South Gallia-A
6-Steubenville Catholic Central-A
7-Dayton Jefferson Township-H
8- Dayton Christian-H
9-Grove City Christian-A
10-Dayton Northridge-H

Tornado Fan
JV Team

Post by Tornado Fan »

Southern Tornadoes
Non-League
1. Hannan (wv)
2. South Gallia
3. Alexander
4. Gilmer County (wv)
5. Doddrige County (wv)

League
6. Federal Hocking
7. Miller
8. Waterford
9. Trimble
10. Eastern

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I would really like to see Nelsonville-York play Gallia Academy again at some point. Gallia is the only former SEOAL rival that Nelsonville has never played since leaving the SEOAL. I think this would be a very competative game in most years with major playoff points going to the winner in most years.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Bellaire
1-Morgantown,W-VA-HOME
2-Wheeling Park ,W-VA-AWAY
3-St Clairsville-HOME
4-Union Local-HOME
5-Licking Valley-AWAY
6-John Glenn-AWAY
7-John Marshall, W-VA-Home
8-Harrison Central-AWAY
9-Brooke, W-VA HOME
10-Martins Ferry-Away

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THINGS HERE MUST BE AT A STANDSTILL , I SAW THIS A WEEK AGO. PLEASE, SOME ROCK HILL FAN'S COMMENT, WOULD LIKE MORE THAN 1 OPINION ON THIS. MAY HAVE TO READ BACK SOME TO FOLLOW.

Return to “Football”