Anybody have the visual history of the TVC?

Army
S

Anybody have the visual history of the TVC?

Post by Army »

Looking to add to statistics, NYBuckeye96 do you still have them for the TVC?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I have Nelsonville-York only. I have the scores to every game NY has played in football.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Here is what I had posted on the basketball forum....

The Tri Valley Conference (TVC) came into existence in the fall of 1969. All years listed refer to the fall of that year. (ex. 1970 = fall of 1970 or the '70-'71 school year).

The 1969 four charter members were:

Belpre
Federal Hocking
Vinton County
Warren

The following year, in 1970, Nelsonville-York was added, giving the league five teams. From 1970-1973, the TVC looked like this:

Belpre
Federal Hocking
Nelsonville-York
Vinton County
Warren

In 1974, Alexander was added to the TVC for a total of six league schools. From 1974-1977, the TVC looked like this:

Alexander
Belpre
Federal Hocking
Nelsonville-York
Vinton County
Warren

In 1978, Trimble was added as the seventh member of the TVC. From 1978-1981, the TVC looked like this:

Alexander
Belpre
Federal Hocking
Nelsonville-York
Trimble
Vinton County
Warren

In 1982, Wellston was added as the eighth member of the TVC. That year, the TVC looked like this:

Alexander
Belpre
Federal Hocking
Nelsonville-York
Trimble
Vinton County
Warren
Wellston

In 1983, Meigs and Miller were added to the TVC, giving the league ten teams. From 1983-1985, the TVC looked like this:

Alexander
Belpre
Federal Hocking
Meigs
Miller
Nelsonville-York
Trimble
Vinton County
Warren
Wellston

In 1986, Warren left the TVC, bringing the league down to 9 members. From 1986-1992, the TVC looked like this:

Alexander
Belpre
Federal Hocking
Meigs
Miller
Nelsonville-York
Trimble
Vinton County
Wellston

In 1993, the TVC broke into two divisions. They were called the Ohio River Division (bigger schools) and the Hocking River Division (smaller schools). The first year is the only year the word River was used with the divisions, and they were shortened to simply Ohio and Hocking after that. It is this year that the league expanded to 11 schools by adding Eastern and Southern.

From 1993-1996, the TVC looked like this:

TVC OHIO (5 members)
Belpre
Meigs
Nelsonville-York
Vinton County
Wellston

TVC HOCKING (6 members)
Alexander
Eastern
Federal Hocking
Miller
Trimble
Southern

In 1997, Waterford became the 12th member of the TVC and joined the Hocking, while Alexander moved from the Hocking up to the Ohio.

From 1997-2007, the TVC looked like this:

TVC OHIO (6 members)
Alexander
Belpre
Meigs
Nelsonville-York
Vinton County
Wellston

TVC HOCKING (6 members)
Eastern
Federal Hocking
Miller
Southern
Trimble
Waterford

In 2008, Athens will become the 13th member of the TVC, and the league will look like this:

TVC OHIO (7 members)
Alexander
Athens
Belpre
Meigs
Nelsonville-York
Vinton County
Wellston

TVC HOCKING (6 members)
Eastern
Federal Hocking
Miller
Southern
Trimble
Waterford

On a side note, Fort Frye was in the TVC in the spring of 1970, and competed that one season in baseball only as a league sport, and then left the TVC after that. So Fort Frye was only a member of the TVC for one sport for one school year.

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Buckeye96,

Once again, Fort Frye was never in the TVC.

The league formed in 1968 when Belpre, Fed-Hock, VC and Warren founded the league.

TVC championships were awarded in all sports except FB in 68-69. Football could not be instituted immediately because of scheduling difficulties.

The TVC baseball schedule existed only as a league tournament. Warren won the first TVC baseball title and FF was not one of the participants. That 1st baseball title was in the spring of 1969. Fort Frye did not participate in it that year nor in the spring of 1970 as you incidate since they were never a TVC member.

Please do not try to revise the history of the TVC. I was there.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

The Athens Messenger microfilm said Fort Frye played baseball as a league sport that one year. I'm not trying to revise anything.

When people who "lived it" are dead and gone, microfilm is the only thing people will have to document things like this, so if it's wrong, then history has already been rewritten.

Army
S

Post by Army »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:The Athens Messenger microfilm said Fort Frye played baseball as a league sport that one year. I'm not trying to revise anything.

When people who "lived it" are dead and gone, microfilm is the only thing people will have to document things like this, so if it's wrong, then history has already been rewritten.

One way to find the truth, check with Ft. Frye High School and there history.

Warpig
Freshman Team

Post by Warpig »

All of Trimble's game by game scores, and all-TVC players plus pictures of the championship teams are on http://www.trimblefootball.com

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:The Athens Messenger microfilm said Fort Frye played baseball as a league sport that one year. I'm not trying to revise anything.

Here! Here! I think that was rather a harsh comment or statement. All you were doing is helping someone that asked a question by looking it up for them. If it was on micrfitch I would have to go by that. Unless all the history on mirofitch has been tanted.....oh my!...lol

Army
S

Post by Army »

Warpig wrote:All of Trimble's game by game scores, and all-TVC players plus pictures of the championship teams are on http://www.trimblefootball.com

Warpig,
Outstanding site :!:

One of the best I have seen. When they were in the Mid-Ohio Valley League who was in the league with them? What Teams?

Or is that the MVL?

I was surprised to see that the Tomcats have a 8-3 record over Wellston, my alma mater....wow :!:

When I was at Wellston we were in the SEOAL. They must of had some hard times when they joined the TVC too. They must of had some outstanding teams up at Trimble huh :?:

I noticed on your past schedules you all even played the Portsmouth Trojans. Although your Tomcats lost, you played them, that speaks volumes about your program. Could you all give some advice to the Wellston coaches how defeat Nelsonville-York? :-D

Wellston used to run all over Nelsonville almost every year in Football when they were the Greyhounds in the SEOAL. As well as the Buckeyes too except once while N-Y was still in the SEOAL. I know we played them my senior year in 1975-76 season and ran all over the Buckeyes at Wellston in a non-league game. We played three TVC schools that season for our Non-League games and defeated all three, N-Y, Federal Hocking who was being coached by a great former Wellston Coach, Bob Brennan and our close by neighboor Vinton County. Coach Bob Brennan the Federal Hocking Coach still resided in Wellston and drove every day to Stewart to teach and coach. He also owned Givonni's pizza in Wellston. He passed away. Great guy and coach. I will never forget the Federal Hocking game at Stewart. The field was pretty new, and there was a cow pasture to the left if memory serves me right. There were cows laying around all over that field on a farm beside the High School. Federal Hocking had a player with only one arm. All of us told our coaches we couldn't hit the guy and our coaches said that's O.K. just make it look like you tried. I shared that story with a fellow Army Officer who was a female who graduated from Federal Hocking in 1976. She was a Major in the Army Reserve and we both were at Ft. Sill, Oklahoma preparing to Mobilize for (Opereation Iraqi Freedom) a couple years back. She still remembered the guy who played for Federal Hocking with one arm and new his name. Tuff guy to play H.S. Football back in the 1970's with a disability like that. Small world.

Again, great site TOMCATS :!:

Respectfully

ARMY :-D

Warpig
Freshman Team

Post by Warpig »

Mid-Ohio Valley League I believe was just Eastern, Miller, Alexander, and Trimble (I'm pretty sure, I'll look it up on my other computer tomorrow)

The Glouster Tomcats were a founding member of the Big Six conference which changed it's name to the MVL, they left in 1964, a quick look at their records on http://www.mvlarchive.com will explain why.

One loss to the Rockets was record breaking, 1990 Trimble QB Roger Bingman set our passing yards record in a close fought loss at Wellston.

The 1991 season saw us play Portsmouth, we had to pick up two games that year to replace Wellston and Columbus Cenntenial, we added Buffalo Wayne WV, and Portsmouth. Wayne I think won the WV state championship that year and the old Portsmouth website has the 1991 team as one if their best. The Buffalo game wasn't close at any point. The Portsmouth game was somewhat a ball game until the second half. As I remember it, the first half could have been closer, but we had a couple of key dropped passes.

Beating Nelsonville-York? As told by the 1990's we don't have a consistent formula for that.

If you haven't check out the video highlights of the 1980 team, that was the best team we've had.

Bob Brennan coached Glouster in 1955 (3-5-1) and 1956 (8-2, 2nd in the MVL)

Return to “Football”