Jackson AD leaving

Oakhillian
Waterboy

Post by Oakhillian »

When are they going to hire an AD? From what I hear, it is going to be Paul Blankenship, which is probalbly by far the best decision Jackson could make. Extremely good person with good people skillls. If and when it is Coach Blankenship, I expect more positives from within the athletic department.

ji81grad
Riding the Bench

Post by ji81grad »

Not letting anyone "have it" Army. Just making my position clear. I'm not bashing Shane Wolford, simply pointing out the obvious. He was underqualified when hired.

"I'm sure that the new schedule; and the league expansion has nothing to do with the comparative records. It's all Coaching."

Did I say it was ALL coaching? No.

"Maybe you or others who feel this way should apply for the job. Thank you all could do any better in the position"

Once again, voice an opinion that isn't kissing a coach's butt and take a thrashing. I would understamd the sensitivity if someone were to criticize the kids. Come on folks this is an adult who gets paid to do a job and I have expressed an opinion that he wasn't prepared for the job when he accepted it. I didn't say he wasn't a good person or anything that would reflect on him in that way. I said he lacked experience when he took the job, can anyone argue differently? I don't have to want his job (which I don't) or even be remotely qualified to do his job to make that observation. Like it or not, it is my God given right as a fan and alumni to expect the best from the Ironmen and to pin it on the coach when it doesn't happen. That is a part of coaching anything at any level, especially when you get paid to do it.

"support your coaches instead of talking down about them on here, they may succeed"

Are you serious? Support on SEOPreps is the difference between success and failure?

"I think Shane is doing fine at Jackson."

Ringing endorsement from a Wellston Alumni and current Cavalier fan. I feel really assured knowing that fans of our rivals are quite content with our head coach.

"I am not absolutely sure, but I don't think all of our coaches in Chillicothe have College Coaching experience. They just have plain old High School coaching experience. But I guess that is not good enough for you either huh? Shane has none of that...so what? Did Reynolds?"

You should read a little closer. I did not say anything about college coaching experience. I said college playing or high school coaching experience. Everyone knows Jim Reynolds played at Fairmont State and coached for several years as an assistant prior to being given a head coaching job.

God bless 02 for he can paint everything with a red brush and is the eternal optimist. I can't do that. I call it like I see it.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Good Luck to Shane and all of his Staff for 2008!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I heard Paul is the interim....he'll do a good job to close out the school year.

ji81grad
Riding the Bench

Post by ji81grad »

Paul is the interim. He will take over with th beginning of spring sports (which he is working on now). Bob Kight is going to finish basketball while Paul gets the spring schedules and things together. Paul is an excellent choice and will do an outstanding job for however long he stays.

BorntobeLOM
Waterboy

Post by BorntobeLOM »

JI81 should be the head football coach in Jackson. He has a great knowledge of the game. He did a fabulous job with the 5th and 6th grade Red team this past season. I think they won what 0 games.

Better yet, I think he would make a great AD. He does not only have a great knowledge of football, but basketball and wrestling as well.

The only hang up may be a college education.

Army
S

Post by Army »

BorntobeLOM wrote:JI81 should be the head football coach in Jackson. He has a great knowledge of the game. He did a fabulous job with the 5th and 6th grade Red team this past season. I think they won what 0 games.

Better yet, I think he would make a great AD. He does not only have a great knowledge of football, but basketball and wrestling as well.

The only hang up may be a college education.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

What does education have to due with the AD'S position? It's a sure fact that education did not due the last AD any favors!!!! I know it takes an education but it also takes some good ole common sense, the last AD could not make the two work together for some reason. I PITTY GEORGIA TECH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The loyal ironmen fans need to help get this wagon rolling again! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ji81grad
Riding the Bench

Post by ji81grad »

"JI81 should be the head football coach in Jackson. He has a great knowledge of the game. He did a fabulous job with the 5th and 6th grade Red team this past season. I think they won what 0 games."

Going to judge 10 years of coaching, do the research and paint the complete picture. Ji was not the head coach of the Red Varsity this season, just an assistant. Ji has never said he should be the JHS coach. I know that I am not qualified.

"Better yet, I think he would make a great AD. He does not only have a great knowledge of football, but basketball and wrestling as well."

Knowledge of the individual sports isn't nearly as critical as organizational skills for an AD. Once again, I never suggested that I should be the AD.

"The only hang up may be a college education."

I do have a college education.

Jump on me with hob nailed boots if you like. I simply believe that a DII Head Coach should have some experience prior to assuming the position. This would go for anyone and I am not personally attacking Shane. I just think he needed experience and the program is and will suffer for his lack of it.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Didn't Jackson go to the playoffs two years ago and the year before? Wasn't Wolford the coach? Isn't he going in to his 4th or 5th year as a head coach? Sounds like he has plenty of experience for the upcoming year! Blaming him for their lack of players is not going to fly with me. I have heard their coaching staff spends many hours preparing. With the lack of talent last year that was crucial! How many wins did the overall program have this year? JV, Freshmen, 8th grade, and 7th grade?
You don't win many races if you don't have the thouroubreds to compete.

Jackson needs to look at the future and not the past. Your AD is gone. Great, now move on. Blankenship will right the ship and get things into place for next year, you can count on that.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Regulator,

Wolford has been the head coach at Jackson for 3 seasons.

2005 - 7-3
2006 - 6-5 (Lost to Waverly in Regional Quarterfinals)
2007 - 6-4

Total Record of 19-12 with a playoff appearance.

ji81grad
Riding the Bench

Post by ji81grad »

Yes, if he stays for 10 years, Shane will have 10 years experience. I said, and I quote for the 1000th time, "I felt he lacked the experience when he was hired".

Upon hiring in as Head Coach
2 yrs Jr Hi
1 Yr Varsity reserve

Dave Humphreys coached Jr Hi 11 years without having a losing season. That came to an end when Shane ran him off after 18 years coaching various positions at JHS in various sports for "not supporting Shane".

Amazingly the Jr Hi teams have struggled since Dave's departure.

Is it entirely Shane's fault that JHS is in a down swing? No it is not. But as a paid coach, he has to assume at least some of the responsibility for the reduced numbers and diminishing returns.

He is also detrimental to other sports. He himself a three sport athlete (football, basketball and baseball) and a darn good one, expects kids to forsake all others to work out for football year round. There have been numerous kids tell tales of being told to get in the weight room and out of other sports if they expect to play over the past three years. The stories continue to crop up all the time. Where there's smoke, there is most likely a fire. Is this the kind of example to set?

Do I think Shane can be an excellent head coach? Absolutely I do. Do I think he needs more experience outside of Jackson football? Yes I do. Do I have the right to express my opinion? Apparently not.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

yes you do! :lol:

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I am in agreement with you when it comes to players playing many sports. But in today's game the coaches are selfish. They want everyone and everything to revolve around their sport instead of letting the student athlete decide for themselves. I would love to see athletes get back to where they were 15-20 years ago playing 3 sports. Athletes have it in their head they are going D1 in something so forget about leaving their options open.
I will disagree on your assessment of experience on Wolford. Coaches don't need to go elsewhere to get experience. To be a great leader you must have great communication skills, great motivating skills, and some luck!
yes, you can state your opinion, just like everyone else can state theirs. Don't take it so defensive.

The New AD will right the ship at Jackson and get Jackson people back into the system, just wait and see.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

He chose one of his family members over Hump, If I were Hump I would have been upset also. Hump has a record to stand on,do the others?NO It's all about being buddies,that's how 90% of the world operates today.

Return to “Football”