Pikeon Football 08!!

Sports 101
Varsity

Pikeon Football 08!!

Post by Sports 101 »

I think Piketon, Adena, and what i hear Westfalls returning they should be the top three. Piketon returning most of there high powered offense last season but needs to fix a couple things on the other side of the ball.

Returning Jordan Brabson at WR, making some outstading catches last season. The QB (Helton) wont need to throw it away, jut throw it up to brabson! Lots of speed returning in the back field! Keiffer Reed and Tyler Tackett are not just fast but strong and can make some people miss. 3 OL leaving to graduations but has a transfer from jackson who was an all distrect player and i believe Honerable Metion All State OL! and a couple people who i think are ready to play will see the field alot for the first time this year will be a big role in the RedStreaks success this season!
Last edited by Sports 101 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

piketons defense will be junior and senior oriented , unlike last year we only had maybe but one or two seniors and the rest juniors and sophmores .....i think our defense will be alot stronger this year .....

Pikealum27
Waterboy

Post by Pikealum27 »

I look for great things from the streaks this season. Tons of spead at every posistion especially in the backfield. I think Ben Irvin is an unsong hero for this team playing Middle linebacker and fullback last season as a sophmore. He opens up holes for those speadsters. When i was there i knew thier was a reason i liked playing with this kid. but anyways who is this OL you speak of....

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Ryan Hughes. He played at Jackson last season, He made 1st team seoal and all district and i think honerable mention state. Ben Irvin dosent get much recognition! He is a great player that goes 110% every play. He is mainly is a blocking back, but when he gets it up the middle it is tough to bring him down!

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

The Streaks have 8 months of work to do before the season starts. Coach Gullion will have many options available to him on both sides of the ball. Hopefully this causes competition, and increased effort and hard work. As a PHS alum, I wish all of the Streaks the best, and want them to represent the old (new) school well.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

I really wish Minford and Piketon would continue to play each other. I thought that game could have developed into a very nice rivalry. Two rising programs with young coaches. But that is not the case. Good luck Redstreaks in your 2008 campaign.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

:)
Look out Piketon here come the Buckeyes

OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

bring it on !!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ALL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Train is a comin baby. Here that.......
Its the sound of the NY linebackers busten through you o-line :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
There saying; Here quarterback, quarterback, quarterback

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Come on piketon fans lets have some good clean fun with this-----Bring it!!!!!!!

OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

how big are your linebackers?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

OSU BUCKS FAN wrote:how big are your linebackers?

There not big. They are fast and strong, and they play really smart football.
How bout that o-line of yours?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Huge and Strong. With speed in the back field and at Wide out.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

OSU BUCKS FAN I have never seen NY play football but I think it is safe to say their team is loaded with state competitive wrestlers of all different sizes.

of those I know that are wrestlers and play football at NY they are some fast tough kids.

remember how clark graves from PV was. 130lbs short and on the line. that is probably what you are looking at from NY just a whole team of them.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon has one playoff appearance in 97' defeated by Belleair by 2 or 3 tds. They havent won a conference championship since 97 as well. They have 9 SVC championships in 43 years in the league tied for 2nd overall in championships with Paint Valley.

This team this year has the most talent on it from top to bottom since that 97 team. Where the difference will be is between the ears and their heart. I know many have never seen too many losses on the field throughout their football careers, now is the time to show it on the varsity level.

Whos going to step up for Piketon and lead this team?

Orange and Brown, love your enthusiasm! lol We are expecting big things in the Village next fall. Sounds like you guys are to. Cant wait to roam the sidelines for this one.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ITS ON BABY!!!!

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Who was NY statistical leaders from last year?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I don't have the stats with me but, arnold led the team in rushing 1000+yards, and Noreway and Talbert led the team in tackles. NY runs the ball a lot but they have a decent passing game. And there db's are always solid. Make a mistake and they will pick it off. Good speacal teams. Decent punter, (has gotten a lot better) Not much in the way of feildgoals or ep's (has gotten better though)

OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

i think this game will be a good one ... how tall are your corners ... because our wide outs are 6-4 and 6-5!!!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I think you got us on that one I think between 5-10 and 6 foot.They play the ball really well though. They can hang with most wr's. In the past I think our biggest fault in our pass D has been over the middle. (could just be me though)Our safety's play the run really well to.

Return to “Football”