SVC FOOTBALL

OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

SVC FOOTBALL

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

i know its extremly early but who do you think will be in the top of the league....

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Westfall, Piketon, Paint Valley

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

I think you can put Adena and ZT in the mix also.

ausa
Waterboy

Post by ausa »

i agree with bman. Piketon and Pv return the most of all teams in the league and westfall is.. well westfall.
i dont see the hype about zt, a team that went 2-8.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Westfall, Piketon, Adena

Westfall returns a lot pluc what they bring up from the undefeated JV
Piketon with what they return
Adena still has Barnes and westfall was the only ones who could stop him

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Barnes is a good player but I believe Adena lost some other good players. They will definitely be in the mix, but I like what the other three have back.

Zane Trace will take a step next season, I'll say around 5-5 depending on the breaks. Rock Hill and Logan Elm are winnable games outside of the league. Amanda, I'm not so sure about.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a co-championship from the SVC next season. Westfall going down to Piketon is a tough ballgame. Adena and Paint could also throw in a cork or two.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Westfall has quite a few holes to fill on both lines along with several skill positions. They do return some nice players with Cain, Gibson, Cobb, Cline and on down the line.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Bman with the exception of county games and playoff games Westfall's varsity never really saw much playing time. it was usuall the JV stepping in the second half of a game and holding off the varsity teams you are saying should have the chance against us. stop and think how many point these varsity teams really scored in the games against our 2nd team and JV's.
Then you add to it the jv team that went undefeated all season and we will have a team to be reckoned with again. give keller time to put his game plan together and you will once again be a believer.

I did not say they would win all 10 games at this point but I am saying they will win the league again.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Mstangmom, I think they'll win most games by a good amount of points. I look at the Piketon game, a team that did compete with the Westfall varsity for a half, as a challenge. I agree that Westfall will win at least a share of the league. Should be interesting.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

And lets not forget Westfall returns 17 that will be seniors again and about 16 that will be Juniors for next year.

The leadership aspect will still be there for this team.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Mom, dont hang your hat on the undefeated JV season last year. Piketon started 8 freshmen in that contest, most of the Sophs and Jrs were playing varsity. Westfall started plenty of Jrs and Sophs on there JV team. As for your theory on the JV coming in and holding their own against another teams varstity, this was after the other team was beat down by the 1st string. I have coached at the Jr high level for the last 6 years at Piketon. I watch all of Piketons home freshmen and JV games and all the varsity. Westfalls Jr class is pretty good, but after that the talent drops off, IMO.

Will they compete, yes they will still push for titles, but other teams will also. Piketon returns 7 on offense and 9 on defense. PV returns quite a bit as well.

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

Southeastern's JV team was made up of mostly freshman and some sophmores. A lot of underclassmen got varsity playing time last year, that being said they should be "battle tested". The numbers are getting better with a strong incoming freshman class. With better numbers and more varsity experience things could be looking up on Lancaster road.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

eagles73 wrote:Mom, dont hang your hat on the undefeated JV season last year. Piketon started 8 freshmen in that contest, most of the Sophs and Jrs were playing varsity. Westfall started plenty of Jrs and Sophs on there JV team. As for your theory on the JV coming in and holding their own against another teams varstity, this was after the other team was beat down by the 1st string. I have coached at the Jr high level for the last 6 years at Piketon. I watch all of Piketons home freshmen and JV games and all the varsity. Westfalls Jr class is pretty good, but after that the talent drops off, IMO.

Will they compete, yes they will still push for titles, but other teams will also. Piketon returns 7 on offense and 9 on defense. PV returns quite a bit as well.

Eagles I don't put as much on the JV team that played the JV games and went undefeated as much as I do the the JV team (which is the same) that came out in friday nights and held off all SVC varsity teams, 2 county teams, and 1 playoff team in the 3rd and 4th quarters. those younger guys held off these "mature" varsity teams you are talking about winning next season. the most points scored on these kids were 14 the entire season. how can anybody who watched them play the 2nd half of everygame doubt they will once again win the league.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

mustangmom what do you want from people? Not everyone is going to agree with you. Other people in the SVC are allowed to believe in their program. Folks are allowed to doubt the almightly westfall. Ironically, I do agree Westfall is probably the favorite to win the league. I think they will most likely have one league loss. OOPS sorry I am not making a prediction at the golden football...

SEfan2007
Riding the Bench

Post by SEfan2007 »

Sells mustangmom a period or 3. What a run on sentence, that being said, I read this board faithfully last year , but never posted. A word to all posters, Mustangmom is a fanatic and doesnt see anything but red when it comes to svc football. Let it go, because she sure wont.

Its basketball season Mom , now go take your meds it will all work out. :roll: :roll:

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Seeing red maybe because I did support way more than Westfall last year. Because all but one game I was behind Piketon. and of course I made the mistake to support SE a couple times to, wont let that happen again thought. Not much of a basketball fan though thank you very much. and I guess you only read and did not pay attention to the sentences because the only grammatical errors there are is I did not use CAPITAL LETTERS. there is no run on sentence.

justthefacts If you read all the posts I never said Westfall would go 10-0 this year, at least not yet anyways. It does no good to say that on here because certain people take that as offensive when a team is good and beats them or if people are proud of their team and brag about. because they think it is offensive to their team.

Both Piketon and Adena will be tough this year. Now Eagles and I have been on here for awhile and know what the other is talking about on here so unless he calls you to his defense about something I say, I suggest those of you who cannot handle the truth back off.

SEfan2007
Riding the Bench

Post by SEfan2007 »

Westfall will, in all probability , win the league, great football tradition there. I dont think anyone even implied any differently. And please, dont worry about supporting SE, they really dont need that. The fact is you are ridiculous, over the top .If you have a boy playing Id say he would be a little embarassed , I know my son wouldnt be thrilled with me if I talked about how his team was the second coming. Just calm down, let your kids play the game and dont get your britches in a knot when someone else has an opposing view. It really cant be good for ones blood pressure. Thats just life. ....oh and that was such a run on sentence. Maybe you should breathe and perhaps READ your post before you hit submit.

Looking forward to a great year of SVC football !!

big mac
Waterboy

Post by big mac »

[quote="mstangmom"]Seeing red maybe because I did support way more than Westfall last year. Because all but one game I was behind Piketon. and of course I made the mistake to support SE a couple times to, wont let that happen again thought.

Why would anyone (adult) not support a team because of something said or done on a forum? This is about the players, not about the fans, parents, grandparents, coaches or anyone else encountered on here.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Until they lose, Westfall has to be considered as the favorite. With their scores from last year, I'm sure many of the backups gained valuable varsity time.

Being from the southern end of the conference, I'm pulling for the Streaks. They replace about 5 or so starters from last year, so hopefully the experience gained from the last 2 years will pay off. Finding replacements for the line is the number 1 chore for the coaches, in my opinion. The potential firepower on offense is there, just need to work and practice hard in order for the potential to become reality. The defense is basically set, maybe some moving around of positions. Work needed in form tackling, getting pressure on the opposing QB. I'm sure coaches Gullion et al are addressing everything that needs to be in order for the Red Streaks to have an even more successful year than last year.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Mikepike I am sure Piketon will be fine this year, all they got to do is get past their Adena curse. The change in Non-leauge schedule should be good for you guys as well. though I wish waverly was still a D3 for guys like when you originally scheduled them. either way though that will be a great game for the county.

I just went through last years roster and Westfall is not as bad off as some folks would like to think they are still returning 11 starters.

Return to “Football”