Is Zanesville leaving the SEOAL after the 2008-2009 season?

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I posted this on another thread:

This has got to be one of the most entertaining threads in a while. I am glad to see that there are people out there that don't buy into internet rumors. Yeah, I know Zanesville is leaving and Ironton is thinking about leaving, but who in their right mind didn't think this would happen.

BTW, I totally agree that gas prices are behind this. In 2005 the avergae price was 2.22 per gallon. The reason I reference 2005 is I am assuming that is when the SEOAL expanded to let other schools in.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/04/gas.poll/index.html

Today, around 3.00 per gallon.

http://www.ohiogasprices.com/price_by_county.aspx

Forecasts of 4.00 per gallon by this summer.

Now hauling the football team, let's say 2 buses and then the band, in Logan's case 4 or 5 buses. Not sure how big the other schools bands are. I think Jackson has a big band also. That is quite a chunk of change.

When the new schools that came into the SEOAL without any existing rivalries, therefore fans are obviously less likely to travel brings the gates down and I would assume that the gate money pays for the gasoline. Wow, that was quite a run-on sentence, but you get the idea.

It would seem to me that Jackson's admin may have knew something when voting no. I think anyone could see that the SEOAL was too big geographically. Ironton to Zanesville, are you kidding me? School night or not, that is a lot to ask of any fan.

I think the geography will be much better now when Zanesville and possibly Ironton leave. I would guess that Marietta and Chilly are the furthest apart in that scenario. Trip distance: 104.93 miles Time: 2hrs11mins From Yahoo maps. So that is something that will still need to be worked out. Portsmouth is a problem but I think they are just happy to be a part of any league. I am not going to try and create some fantasy league but a restructuring is definitely going to have to happen.

Army
S

Post by Army »

buckfan84 wrote:I posted this on another thread:

This has got to be one of the most entertaining threads in a while. I am glad to see that there are people out there that don't buy into internet rumors. Yeah, I know Zanesville is leaving and Ironton is thinking about leaving, but who in their right mind didn't think this would happen.

BTW, I totally agree that gas prices are behind this. In 2005 the avergae price was 2.22 per gallon. The reason I reference 2005 is I am assuming that is when the SEOAL expanded to let other schools in.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/04/gas.poll/index.html

Today, around 3.00 per gallon.

http://www.ohiogasprices.com/price_by_county.aspx

Forecasts of 4.00 per gallon by this summer.

Now hauling the football team, let's say 2 buses and then the band, in Logan's case 4 or 5 buses. Not sure how big the other schools bands are. I think Jackson has a big band also. That is quite a chunk of change.

When the new schools that came into the SEOAL without any existing rivalries, therefore fans are obviously less likely to travel brings the gates down and I would assume that the gate money pays for the gasoline. Wow, that was quite a run-on sentence, but you get the idea.

It would seem to me that Jackson's admin may have knew something when voting no. I think anyone could see that the SEOAL was too big geographically. Ironton to Zanesville, are you kidding me? School night or not, that is a lot to ask of any fan.

I think the geography will be much better now when Zanesville and possibly Ironton leave. I would guess that Marietta and Chilly are the furthest apart in that scenario. Trip distance: 104.93 miles Time: 2hrs11mins From Yahoo maps. So that is something that will still need to be worked out. Portsmouth is a problem but I think they are just happy to be a part of any league. I am not going to try and create some fantasy league but a restructuring is definitely going to have to happen.

buckfan84,

Good Post :!:
It will be interesting that's for sure :!:

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

I say that the school district's send their Transportation bill to are wartime President.WOW!!! like I said earlier post, time to work overtime to watch your kid play in a game.But do you want your kid's playing good competition or mediocre competition.I myself rather my kid play the best competition that their school can set forth on a schedule.If you wanna go Geographical about then Chillicothe should play in the SVC.

Return to “Football”