Is Zanesville leaving the SEOAL after the 2008-2009 season?

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

Just having fun, you guys both post very well and are definatley a plus to this web site. I like anyone who can stand up to our two fellow posters from Logan and put them in there place.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Most of my long posts are just newspaper articles I cut and paste that I think most readers on here would be interested in reading. :-D

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

I also beleive that the SEOAL is getting ready to implode. Everyone always talks about money but being independent and getting playoff points in football, you will still have to find games and possibly still do a lot of traveling. I will be interested to see what happens next. All I can say that if I were a superentendent I would make sure my AD puts together a contingencey plan, again FAILURE TO PREPARE IS PREPARING TO FAIL

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

Buckeye, just having fun, I like your posts. Keep up the good work, you and Army are some of the good guys on here.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

qualified ...

You probably mean 2009 (at least for football), right? That would be our first season out of the league.

I would suspect Nerk stays. After 102 meetings, it will be hard to end that one. We'd like to keep Licking Valley, also due to proximity. Wheeling Park has been there for several years now, and the schools have had a great relationship, so I don't expect that to end.

If we're not in a new league, that leaves us looking for independents. I would imagine that Steubenville will be one. There are others out there that we've played, such as Beaver Local, Brooke, East Liverpool. I'd believe Logan would remain in that mix, and perhaps Chillicothe, Marietta and maybe even Warren Local. But all of that would be predicated on the league requirements for those schools.

What I do know is that they are already looking at which schools to approach NOW, in the event that a new league membership is not available to us. That way, we'd be sure to have something in place.

There are schools out there. Some of them are certainly schools that most would NOT want to schedule if they didn't have to -- such as Steubenville. But it wouldn't faze us to do so. Been there, done that (and even won a few games from the Stubbers over the years).

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

OSB - Snack??? I got so tired, I had to take a nap about half-way through Army's last post! :lol:

However, it was more than interesting enough to wake-up and finish 8)

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

ZV

I hate to see Zanesville go in some ways but I understand the reasons behind the decision.

You and I go back a ways on these forums, all the way back to that other place that no one mentions by name here. I have always found you to be a reliable poster regarding your local information and pretty well "educated" when it comes to other schools too.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

army, first get your facts straight. i have no idea who 2old or paladin are. but now that you mention it, there has only been one pot stirrer on here and he/she always types in blue. am i to take your post as a threat? all you do is come on here and demean the league and nobody wants to hear it. how long has this league been around? thats what i thought. i knew 7 months ago that zanesville was about 80% gone but i promised my source i wouldnt post it because it was spoken in confidence. unqualified, gee never heard that before. resorting to name calling shows how immature you really are. as far as my posts, i stick to stuff i know about. i know logan football, boys basketball, and girls basketball, some league stuff. i know very little about ironton, portsmouth, chillicothe, gallia, jackson and marietta. army, just because you cant get along with certain posters you are always mentioning, doesnt mean that everybody from logan cant have a conversation to your liking. as i said in an earlier post, what comes around goes around and we will take our lumps in a couple of years, i know that. you seem like you have a lot of hatred towards everybody from logan. i will be the first to apologize if i have offended you in any way. peace brother/sister.

Army
S

Post by Army »

qualified101 wrote:army, first get your facts straight. i have no idea who 2old or paladin are. but now that you mention it, there has only been one pot stirrer on here and he/she always types in blue. am i to take your post as a threat? all you do is come on here and demean the league and nobody wants to hear it. how long has this league been around? thats what i thought. i knew 7 months ago that zanesville was about 80% gone but i promised my source i wouldnt post it because it was spoken in confidence. unqualified, gee never heard that before. resorting to name calling shows how immature you really are. as far as my posts, i stick to stuff i know about. i know logan football, boys basketball, and girls basketball, some league stuff. i know very little about ironton, portsmouth, chillicothe, gallia, jackson and marietta. army, just because you cant get along with certain posters you are always mentioning, doesnt mean that everybody from logan cant have a conversation to your liking. as i said in an earlier post, what comes around goes around and we will take our lumps in a couple of years, i know that. you seem like you have a lot of hatred towards everybody from logan. i will be the first to apologize if i have offended you in any way. peace brother/sister.

Blah....Blah.....Blah............. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Army wrote:Blah....Blah.....Blah............. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Is that your only response when some calls you out for what you are? At least 2old and paladin have the guts to come out and admit they like causing trouble instead of pretending to be innocent.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

Crooksville belongs in the TVC and Zanesville belongs in the MVL.

That is the way I see it. Even though the idea of a trip to Sulsberger every other year makes my stomach turn. I have no respect for some of people at Zanesville, for various reasons.

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

A five or six team league would enable us all to schedule the "money" games we all want, as well as strengthen the competition at each individual school's strengths. Good luck to those who leave, and good job to those who are loyal. All good things must come to an end, I suppose.

Army
S

Post by Army »

LoganLocos wrote:
Army wrote:Blah....Blah.....Blah............. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Is that your only response when some calls you out for what you are? At least 2old and paladin have the guts to come out and admit they like causing trouble instead of pretending to be innocent.

LoganLocos,

Why don't you follow your own rule and talk real sports instead of butting into everybodies post and trying to act as if you are mr. sports in every event and yet like to stir the pot. :roll:

You didn't even play the real game of football, but yet you have become the resident expert on several SEOAL Teams Programs...like the fans and posters know nothing about there own schools, only you are the true authority. :roll:

Maybe you could go visit Paladin. I wonder what happened to him on here. :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

Wrestler87 wrote:A five or six team league would enable us all to schedule the "money" games we all want, as well as strengthen the competition at each individual school's strengths. Good luck to those who leave, and good job to those who are loyal. All good things must come to an end, I suppose.

AMEN :!:

I like a 6 team but not a 5 team one. I wouldn't want to try to schedule a 6 game non-league schedule for our school. 5 non-league games would be do able, wow but 6 is stretching it.

Just my 2 cents :!: :-D

ARMY :-D

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

nlp ... as soon as this fall, and no later than 2009, Sulsberger is going to have new artificial turf, a new track and new lighting (also a new scoreboard, I'm told). Within five years, it will include a new pressbox, new sound system (my baby), new visitor bleachers (2,000+ seats), and a new combination concession stand/restroom facility on the visitors side. Coupled with the beautification plan and some other alterations that will be precipitated by construction of the new ZHS on the hill directly above the stadium, Sulsberger will once again be the premier high school stadium in SE Ohio.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Zanes-Vegas wrote:nlp ... as soon as this fall, and no later than 2009, Sulsberger is going to have new artificial turf, a new track and new lighting (also a new scoreboard, I'm told). Within five years, it will include a new pressbox, new sound system (my baby), new visitor bleachers (2,000+ seats), and a new combination concession stand/restroom facility on the visitors side. Coupled with the beautification plan and some other alterations that will be precipitated by construction of the new ZHS on the hill directly above the stadium, Sulsberger will once again be the premier high school stadium in SE Ohio.

Sounds like a pretty decent up-grade for Blue Devil Football and Track and Field :!:

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

[quote="Zanes-Vegas"]nlp ... as soon as this fall, and no later than 2009, Sulsberger is going to have new artificial turf, a new track and new lighting (also a new scoreboard, I'm told). Within five years, it will include a new pressbox, new sound system (my baby), new visitor bleachers (2,000+ seats), and a new combination concession stand/restroom facility on the visitors side. Coupled with the beautification plan and some other alterations that will be precipitated by construction of the new ZHS on the hill directly above the stadium, Sulsberger will once again be the premier high school stadium in SE Ohio.[/quote]

awesome.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Wow!!!!!!!!!! Pay to play and all those improvements. i guess the econony in Zville is getting better already. i would say most teams will get out of the league just to update their facilities.

Heck i was feeling sorry for Zville with the cost of gas and all. i guess i can get over that now.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

You are such a cretin.

Unlike the tax money, as I believe it is, that is building Logan's new palace, this project will be ENTIRELY private money. So we're not going to do it on the backs of the taxpayers, nor on those who can least afford it.

Stick that in your craw, old man. You were one of the biggest complainers last fall when your beloved Chieftains came to town.

Again ... pick a direction and stick with it. Quit floating in the wind to suit your needs.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

try again zv. cant use tax money on sports programs. at least we wont have to pay for parking anymore. i hope logan isnt thinking about doing that, that is so lame.

Return to “Football”