Chillicothe maybe looking at Independent 2009

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

What does Chillicothe's record against GAHS have to do with travel?

Army
S

Post by Army »

ironman02 wrote:What does Chillicothe's record against GAHS have to do with travel?

Gee are you from Gallipolis :?:

I did not know the reply was to you. Hmmm.... :?:

Maybe you should change your helmet colors. :-D

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Just asked a question, which you didn't answer.

Army
S

Post by Army »

ironman02 wrote:Just asked a question, which you didn't answer.

ironman02,

Did you see my reply to the one who asked the question with an ignorant add on. Our little 7 year old boy had a 102 fever that night and we had to take him to the emergency room. That's why I did not travel to the Zanesville game. Do I actually owe you an excuse, because our son is way more important than a H.S. Basketball game travel :!:

Ignorant :!:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

What are you talking about? I didn't ask you about the Zanesville game or your son. I'm sorry that he wasn't feeling well.

I just asked you what the results of Chillicothe and GAHS games over the past couple years had to do with travel.

Army
S

Post by Army »

The topic is about Chillicothe :!:

What did Brutus8907 and popster say about your bitterness on here :?:

Brutus8907 wrote:Im curious.
to be honest, the names you called earlier are very mild. however, IMO, it just goes to show what kind of a "moderator" you are
(lack of a better word).

popster wrote:gahsrever, how in the world could you accuse anyone of "blabbing", when thats all you ever do. other than patting your self on the back. shame on you :( :(

gahs4ever, are you 60 some years old or 6 :?: :roll:

Last edited by Army on Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Army,

Did you forget about my question after you called me ignorant? I just want to know why you posted the results between Chillicothe and GAHS. I don't see how that ties in with travel whatsoever.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Go CAVS :!:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Army wrote:Go CAVS :!:

So this has followed your usual pattern perfectly. You don't like what gahs4ever has to say, so you insult Gallia Academy as a whole. Then when someone calls you on it, you avoid the question. Same story, different day.

Army
S

Post by Army »

ironman02 wrote:
Army wrote:Go CAVS :!:

So this has followed your usual pattern perfectly. You don't like what gahs4ever has to say, so you insult Gallia Academy as a whole. Then when someone calls you on it, you avoid the question. Same story, different day.

No we are not concerned about travel at Chillicothe concerning our Teams. :-D

So how difficult is that to comprehend :?:

Am I suppose to answer all your questions posed by you :?:

Are you supposed to be the Civil Magistrate on here or something. The thread is Chillicothe doing what? If the SEOAL does what? Any other questions I need to answer you on :?: :roll:
Last edited by Army on Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

That's not hard for me to comprehend. But that's not what I asked you at all.

The conversation on here was about travel. Then when gahs4ever questioned YOUR traveling/not traveling to the Zanesville game, you responded by posting the results of all Chillicothe and GAHS games since the Cavs entered the SEOAL. I asked you why you posted those results. You see, the results of those games have NOTHING to do with whether a school wants to travel or not. You posted them just to insult gahs4ever and nothing more. So, there. I wasn't on here questioning why you didn't go to Zaneville. I just asked why in the world you posted those scores. Can you comprehend what I just said?

Army
S

Post by Army »

ironman02 wrote:That's not hard for me to comprehend. But that's not what I asked you at all.

The conversation on here was about travel. Then when gahs4ever questioned YOUR traveling/not traveling to the Zanesville game, you responded by posting the results of all Chillicothe and GAHS games since the Cavs entered the SEOAL. I asked you why you posted those results. You see, the results of those games have NOTHING to do with whether a school wants to travel or not. You posted them just to insult gahs4ever and nothing more. So, there. I wasn't on here questioning why you didn't go to Zaneville. I just asked why in the world you posted those scores. Can you comprehend what I just said?

Is there a problem with that concerning you personally :?:

I responded top the little smerk that your friend who supposed to me a mod left at the end of his post. Our record against your Iromen is just as large or larger. So what. I applied the travel bit about Chillicothe to show we are not afraid to play. Is there a major concern about our CAVS travel to PLAY SEOAL TEAMS :?:

Especially to Gallipolis, implementing our records against gahs4ever's blue devils :?: :-D

Is that going to make you miss work tomorrow or lose sleep over my implementation of our CAVS record verses gahs' Blue Devils posted on here? Are you going to cry over it. Are you thinking of switching loyalties from your ironmen to the blue devils :?:

I would hope not. Now what is the topic again :?: :-D

Lets see if you carry the nonsense on like gahs4ever did, or post something about the topic. :-D

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

My problem is with you. It's the same as it was a couple days ago. You insult entire schools because you don't get along with their fans. There's just no reason to act that way.

Whenever I say something to you about it, you avoid it or start babbling about something else. I'm obviously a Jackson fan and will always be, but I still don't like it when I see you putting down ANY school, especially when it isn't warranted at all.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

This has got to be one of the most entertaining threads in a while. I am glad to see that there are people out there that don't buy into internet rumors. Yeah, I know Zanesville is leaving and Ironton is thinking about leaving, but who in their right mind didn't think this would happen.

BTW, I totally agree that gas prices are behind this. In 2005 the avergae price was 2.22 per gallon. The reason I reference 2005 is I am assuming that is when the SEOAL expanded to let other schools in.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/04/gas.poll/index.html

Today, around 3.00 per gallon.

http://www.ohiogasprices.com/price_by_county.aspx

Forecasts of 4.00 per gallon by this summer.

Now hauling the football team, let's say 2 buses and then the band, in Logan's case 4 or 5 buses. Not sure how big the other schools bands are. I think Jackson has a big band also. That is quite a chunk of change.

When the new schools that came into the SEOAL without any existing rivalries, therefore fans are obviously less likely to travel brings the gates down and I would assume that the gate money pays for the gasoline. Wow, that was quite a run-on sentence, but you get the idea.

It would seem to me that Jackson's admin may have knew something when voting no. I think anyone could see that the SEOAL was too big geographically. Ironton to Zanesville, are you kidding me? School night or not, that is a lot to ask of any fan.

I think the geography will be much better now when Zanesville and possibly Ironton leave. I would guess that Marietta and Chilly are the furthest apart in that scenario. Trip distance: 104.93 miles Time: 2hrs11mins From Yahoo maps. So that is something that will still need to be worked out. Portsmouth is a problem but I think they are just happy to be a part of any league. I am not going to try and create some fantasy league but a restructuring is definitely going to have to happen.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I really meant to post this on the Zanesville thread, but it is still relevant. I can't see Chilly leaving the SEOAL. Who would take them? Why would they want to? Chillicothe has the potential to be a real contender in this league rather than that school down south thet everyone in C-Bus hated traveling to.

You'd have to pick many schools from many leagues to find a league that would be a good fit and I just can't see that happening.

Army
S

Post by Army »

buckfan84 wrote:I really meant to post this on the Zanesville thread, but it is still relevant. I can't see Chilly leaving the SEOAL. Who would take them? Why would they want to? Chillicothe has the potential to be a real contender in this league rather than that school down south thet everyone in C-Bus hated traveling to.

You'd have to pick many schools from many leagues to find a league that would be a good fit and I just can't see that happening.

buckfan84,

And we won't leave unless this SEOAL started to implode from within. I have stated on here, I think Chilli would stay in a 5 team SEOAL. But if it widdles down to a 4 team SEOAL, Chillicothe I doubt will stay, but would rather go independent.

Time will tell. Lets see the make-up of this league in 3-5 years from now.

Great point about fuel prices.

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

WOW!!!!!! Can't we all just get along here.LOL!!!!! Man!!! you gotta love it.Hell on my days off,I quit watching Jerry Springer,I just come on here and read the post.I can't see Chillicothe,leaving the SEOAL at this point.Unless,the coaches start complaining about the travel time.Maybe what they can do on the long road trip is play the games on Saturday night or afternoon's that's Baseball,Basketball,Wrestling,Golf,Softball.Baseball and Softball can be double header games.Why not play both Girls and Boys Basketball games at the same Location on the same day.Mean that's something that they can look at in the long run,to save money and gas.

Flatulence
Freshman Team

Post by Flatulence »

Several weeks ago the Ironton school board voted 3 to 2 to leave the SEOAL. It was a topic that had not been place on the agenda therefore the vote was null and void. Coaches went to the A.D. and principal and complained about the vote. Everything returned to normal.

Will Ironton leave? To what? For Ironton, in football, the SEOAL is a great place for them to be. In other sports I am not so sure. They used to be extremely competitive in all sports. If the league with Chesapeake, South Point, Coal Grove, etc. do not let them in they will still have to travel. I do not foresee the SOC allowing them in, either. Ironton, like Logan, is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The track and cross country coaches wanted to remain in the SEOAL and it is my understanding that some of the football staff felt the same, so I do not really know what happened though little tidbits were thrown at me.

For SE Ohio and East Ohio travel is a huge issue and as GAHS said we have many small towns with no large city, unlike the other areas of the state with Cleveland/Akron, Columbus, Cincinnati/Dayton, and Toledo/Lima. Logan must now travel to Columbus for tournament play in many sports beginning at the sectional/district level.

Foe years there has been talk about a 33 league with Logan, Lancaster, the Pickeringtons, Groveport, Gahanna, and Reynoldsburg and now with Canal Winchester becoming D-I the possibility is there. However, just like on here, it is a bunch of people talking-------well, some talking.

Flatulence
Freshman Team

Post by Flatulence »

Well, squat! The track and cross country coaches from Zanesville!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

:-D Talk talk talk. That is all there is. I think I will wait until something happens.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”