Athens Football 2008

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

91Buckeye wrote:
NYBuckeye96 wrote:What sports will Athens immediately be a factor in possibly winning a TVC Championship next season?

I would think baseball and golf would be high on the list.

I think their wrestling team is very capable of this.

Yes they have always been very good in wrestling.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

bulldog0909 wrote:can only imagine how much the NY vs Athens rivalry will grow and grow, isee it being a week 10 game in the future to determine the league champs......

Nope won't happen. NY and Belpre are the biggest winning schools in the TVC.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

91Buckeye wrote:
NYBuckeye96 wrote:What sports will Athens immediately be a factor in possibly winning a TVC Championship next season?

I would think baseball and golf would be high on the list.

I think their wrestling team is very capable of this.

totally agree on that!

tank85
Waterboy

athens

Post by tank85 »

we will see if it was really worth it to give up instead of toughing it out chillicothe quit the occ but that was after 20 some years of takening disrespect you guys left well i wont say anymore i just would have fought back and not backed down good luck in your new league but as i said in the other thread well you know what i said

respect me ill respect you desrepect me well i weigh 400 pound ill sit on you heheheh
Pol pot
SE

And what did They get?

Post by Pol pot »

And what did Chillicothe get for taking 20 years of drubbings? How did they really better themselves for staying in that league so long? What I see when I walk in that Gym is 20 years of blank spots on the walls!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

This move is good for Athens weather the SEOAL likes it or not. They need to do this. I didn't like the way they did it,but they did it and now I think pwople should move on.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Army
S

Post by Army »

I think it was the best move the bulldogs could of made. Now they will be in a conference playing against their old charter SEOAL members again, against the likes of Nelsonville-York, Wellston and Pomeroy Meigs.

Brutus8907
All State

Re: athens

Post by Brutus8907 »

tank85 wrote:we will see if it was really worth it to give up instead of toughing it out chillicothe quit the occ but that was after 20 some years of takening disrespect you guys left well i wont say anymore i just would have fought back and not backed down good luck in your new league but as i said in the other thread well you know what i said

look, i dont know what you said on this other thread or whatever but there's nothing the students or fans could do to "fight back." believe me, as a senior last year at AHS we more than voiced our opinions on the move.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: athens

Brutus8907 wrote:
tank85 wrote:we will see if it was really worth it to give up instead of toughing it out chillicothe quit the occ but that was after 20 some years of takening disrespect you guys left well i wont say anymore i just would have fought back and not backed down good luck in your new league but as i said in the other thread well you know what i said

look, i dont know what you said on this other thread or whatever but there's nothing the students or fans could do to "fight back." believe me, as a senior last year at AHS we more than voiced our opinions on the move.

The move is a great move for Athens. There non league schedule was already filled with TVC schools any way. Athens gets a chance to be competitive again. The only thing the SEAOL will lose is a chance to run the score up on Athens..

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

If those nephews want to be successful they need to realize that Athens football has a long way to go... If I were them and I had any relations in the NY district I'd move as quick as possible or open enroll if that still exists in A-County. I have heard good things about their coach, but I've heard one of their freshmen coach bash the kids at Athens. If they have coaches who blame their own players instead of making them better then they have even further to go than previously stated. Athens = another big school who can't get it done in the TVC in football.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Never say never. It always comes back and bites you. Just like the ones who said athens cant wrestle in tvc . well i think winning the seoal is harder than winning the tvc. Athens doesnt have that long to go in football. As for a big school , I think vinton had 8 more boys than athens last year . Athens problem is there is so many sports and they are a smaller school than the past . I dont see other schools having a soccer program ,swiming etc etc in the tvc. alex does.
Time will tell .

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

First I didn't mention the word never in my post... I was mainly stating opinion but the fact is Athens hasn't been good in a long while and they have been an easy win for most teams in the SEOAL... I was comparing Athens to the bigger schools in the TVC - Meigs and Vinton who should be competing with NY year in year out for the title, but NY has been able to win the league without great line play, but with tough aggressive defense. Good luck to Athens in their quest, but I think their coaches need to go out and "recruit" their school to get more athletes to play football instead of some of their other sports mentioned. Bottom line is football players have to be "tough" and I question if Athens has the toughness to be good in football for a while. The Athens staff is going to have to teach and train toughness for Athens to be more than just a contender in the TVC. Being a bigger school helps them, but again I feel they have a ways to go! NY has been good lately and a lot more consistent, but it's been a while since they've been REALLY good!

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Yes i said the word never. But to me the words CANT get it do in the tvc means never. ny and trimble do very well in football for smaller schools .
Like i said athens has every sport anyone wants . when you have 60 kids go out for soccer and 40 for football. There are only so many boys in the school to go around . I dont think ny and trimble have soccer.
I do agree athens has to get tough. Why more kids dont play football , I dont know. Than you have to play what you have . But the youth program is doing better and maybe in the near future it will be brighter.

Atownfan2005
Waterboy

Re: Athens Football 2008!!!!!!

Post by Atownfan2005 »

Well I just dont see the bulldogs being very good. I would really be happy with one win over alexander. But i do think it is a good move to the tvc, but its really going to be a few or more years for the dogs to get anything going. But the one thing athens really needs to do different this year is play more kids. Maybe one or two kids should be playing both ways on the ball. but not one of the guys should play both ways on the Line. one of athens biggest problems last year was playing about 14 kids and they getting tired. And the coach not putting fresh players in, and really there is no excuss for not playing more kids, the avg loss for the dogs had to be about 25 or more.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

i'm kind of impartial on the move to the TVC. yes, in a few years athens will be much more comptetitive IMO but it will always be in the back of my mind that it's more of a result from being in a weaker league and less due to actual team improvement. so i dunno :?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re:

55Buckeyes98 wrote:If those nephews want to be successful they need to realize that Athens football has a long way to go... If I were them and I had any relations in the NY district I'd move as quick as possible or open enroll if that still exists in A-County. I have heard good things about their coach, but I've heard one of their freshmen coach bash the kids at Athens. If they have coaches who blame their own players instead of making them better then they have even further to go than previously stated. Athens = another big school who can't get it done in the TVC in football.

My nephews are not going any where. They have a chance to start something that AHS hasn't had for a long time.
TRADITION!!!

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

That is a great response O&B. I hate when kids give up their school spirit to go to another school. I personally think Athens will be a force to reckon with in a few years.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

One of Athens biggest problems is fan support. NY will bring more fans to Athens than Athens can. I think that is starting to change. If you get the fans behind the players, then the players will have more fun.
They have to learn a lot more than just how to win so it will take a little time. They will get there. Maybe sooner maybe later I don't know, but it will happen. It is time for all of the TVC fans to get behind Athens a cheer them on. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

QB Tanner Cannon

Is that a good QB name or what?

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

QB Tanner Cannon

Is that a good QB name or what?