Best RB in SEO?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

East will have Hoover back who I believe was Scioto Co. only 1000 yard back.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

RamRodBulldogs44 wrote:I think Tope will be up there, but he needs to run with more authority.

i agree, especially with Athens' line, you really need to be able to break tackles behind that mess. however i see that mess improving to a mild clutter in 2008. 07 was Coach Adams' first year and this gives him an entire year to figure out what needs the most emphasis and act upon those needs. personally, i think tackling should be the #1 focuse followed closely by o-line. if Adams is as good as he's made out to be, he'll attack those issues this summer and with a combination of great improvement, a really good junior class getting significant varsity time and a new schedule, Athens just might break .500 this year....if they're lucky ;-)

i also think junior QB Tanner Cannon needs to hit the weights. as mentioned before, athens doesnt have the best line and i think he'll find himself running a lot again this year.

cgfootball
Waterboy

Post by cgfootball »

i think that delawder from Coal Grove will be a good back next year. he has started Varsity since his freshman season. but if i had to guess the best...i would go with either Tony Murphy or Major Brice from Ironton.

Coal Grove football: 24 OVC Championships, 7 state playoff apperences, 2 regional championships, 2 final four apperences
BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Schankweiler from Burg if he gets the touches. I thought after the Ironton game last year he was in for a huge year, but he just did not get the ball much after that.

Good hard nosed runner with speed and size that can run over the DBs.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Bryon Gaitors from zanesville

Marietta will have a pair of some good running backs

Anthony Tabler
Perry Wheeler
Last edited by BigMcCauley55 on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

Brutus8907 wrote:
RamRodBulldogs44 wrote:I think Tope will be up there, but he needs to run with more authority.

i agree, especially with Athens' line, you really need to be able to break tackles behind that mess. however i see that mess improving to a mild clutter in 2008. 07 was Coach Adams' first year and this gives him an entire year to figure out what needs the most emphasis and act upon those needs. personally, i think tackling should be the #1 focuse followed closely by o-line. if Adams is as good as he's made out to be, he'll attack those issues this summer and with a combination of great improvement, a really good junior class getting significant varsity time and a new schedule, Athens just might break .500 this year....if they're lucky ;-)

i also think junior QB Tanner Cannon needs to hit the weights. as mentioned before, athens doesnt have the best line and i think he'll find himself running a lot again this year.

Running the football is about being mean and having an attitude. In the first game of the year in 07 vs. NY I saw an attitude from the kids at Athens for the first time in a while. I think Coach Adams has these young men on the right track. And if he continues doing what I saw last year they will have a much improved running game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

91Buckeye wrote:
Brutus8907 wrote:

Running the football is about being mean and having an attitude. In the first game of the year in 07 vs. NY I saw an attitude from the kids at Athens for the first time in a while. I think Coach Adams has these young men on the right track. And if he continues doing what I saw last year they will have a much improved running game.

They did have a lot of attitude in that game, but they were back to the same old Athens the next week.I think that this year will be different for many reasons.
    first I think they won't feel like every conference game is another chance for a team to get back at them for leaving.(and that was the case last year)
second,They had some seniors with attitude problems last year.
    third,They will learn how to tackle before the season starts.
Finally,Coach Adoms has had a year of getting to know his team, so he will no how to get the most out of each player.He will be able to add to the play book so that they have more passing plays(That screen pass won't work 5 times in a row any more)

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
tiger2012
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger2012 »

Kevin Malone- Waverly

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Todd Mayo from South Point

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

If the line inproves lockard frtom wellston will have a massive year.

Alsop irontons full backfield..

and tope will also be 1 of if not the best

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

If Bloomfield from Fairland stays health he averaged 8 yds a rush last year. The dragons will have a potent offense skill everywhere.

mr.dude2010
Freshman Team

Post by mr.dude2010 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
91Buckeye wrote:
Brutus8907 wrote:

They did have a lot of attitude in that game, but they were back to the same old Athens the next week.I think that this year will be different for many reasons.
    first I think they won't feel like every conference game is another chance for a team to get back at them for leaving.(and that was the case last year)
second,They had some seniors with attitude problems last year.
    third,They will learn how to tackle before the season starts.
Finally,Coach Adoms has had a year of getting to know his team, so he will no how to get the most out of each player.He will be able to add to the play book so that they have more passing plays(That screen pass won't work 5 times in a row any more)

wow that was put about as perfectly as its possible to put it.

Landstuhl78
Waterboy

Post by Landstuhl78 »

I don't really know what all of you see in tope. Maybe I am just missing somehting. Isn't Gaiters a senior? If he isn't then he is hands down the best. Clay Morgan will have a HUGE year behind an experienced line.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Gaiters was a senior last season...he's gone.

brutally honest
Varsity

Post by brutally honest »

i know gaiters is gone but he is one of the best i have seen around here

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Clay ''JETS'' Morgan 8) will have HUGE season :shock: :-D :!:

9697ironmen
Riding the Bench

Post by 9697ironmen »

To comment on Cody Huff.... He had over 800 yards on a team with three solid runners, Im pretty sure Bruce Smith finished with something like 1050, then add huff 800+ and Josh Brown. If you take away all of Bruce's carries id say Huff adds another 500, 1300 in the SEOAL is darn good.

Lets hope Huff can be the man this year. He is tuff enough, but they will need someone to take all the focus off of him.

"Every strike brings me closer to my next homerun" -Babe Ruth-
Chieftain_Wrestler2010
Waterboy

Post by Chieftain_Wrestler2010 »

Clay Morgan will have a heck of a year he is a beast...

West Legend
Riding the Bench

Post by West Legend »

i think that dale swords will have a great year

he will be one of the best in seo this year

the kid is just a player

Return to “Football”