Who Will Win The Soc II In 2008?????

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Who Will Win The Soc II In 2008?????

Post by Westfan »

Wheelersburg has been very successful in the last thirty years or so, that it for sure. And they most definitely dominated the 90's. The last 8 years they've been very successful, but they haven't dominated. West has 3 titles. Minford has a couple. Waverly had a great team in 01 and lost to West. They went undefeated year before last and maybe had the best team this year until the injury bug set in.

I believe the rest of the league is catching Wheelersburg. Waverly has been good for 2 or 3 years. West and Minford have new coaches that are showing signs of building a program. Wheelersburg will always be good, but the fight for the SOC II is heating up I believe.

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

We have this argument every year wheelersburg looses alot every year and yet the reload and win the title again, look for it to happen again.

backdoor54
Riding the Bench

Post by backdoor54 »

Burg had a dry spell of like 4 years when this decade started of socs. I believe they won the soc in 03 04 05 07 though..4 of the last 5 years.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

burg or waverly

Derf_W
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf_W »

This is turning into a competitive league, I would not be surprised to see Minford, Waverly, West, or Wheelersburg win it. That will all change when Portsmouth and Ironton join.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

I know Portsmouth is losing students like crazy, but Ironton is never going to be in the SOC, mark my words.
The SOC teams can compete with both, I believe, not every year but many.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Ptown and Itowns population have declined very rapidly. They are NOW in our league as far as talent and competiton can give. We should welcome them into the fold wholeheartedly. It can only make us better! They are always good teams and it has been a shame that only Burg will give them a game. You other soc team posters shouldnt even converse on this thread if you bring up Itown and Ptown joining the ranks. I give Minford some cudos a few years ago and Waverly for battling for so many years against the tigers. Lets get some revenge on here!! Let the Trojans and the Tigers in the SOC2 and let the BATTLE BEGIN!! I have seen it all on this post so far, MINFORD, WEST,WAVERLY so good, let the TITANS IN!! You guys take the last 4 to 6 years into the account, let the TITANS IN!!! You sound like ohio state bashers. "WOW, Won your championships in the 50s". Put your money where your mouth is. Burg had down years but have won a share or outright the last 5-6 yrs. Couldnt win it yourselves?

As for next year, Waverly may have a team to compete vs Burg but those Burg sophs are the real deal and they will be JRs and spank some people around. Ironton will give them a good game for sure but the rest of the SOC will be hurting for a win vs this Burg squad. Ptowns sophs are going to make a game of it but fall behind at the end due to lack of strength overall. They will get tired.

I heard 67 kids out for weights at burg and its Woodwards privy to who plays where. So much talent. Too much attitude! Great kids and a good team philosophy. All about the team!!

Oh by the way,

MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN!! Good luck to all kids in this area and their parents. They deserve it!!

By the way, this is only football, any other sport, Burg has dominated almost every year. Dont let the trojan or tiger tell you different. Girls league Ironton and Ptown are underated. Itown and Ptown BBall are also underated most of the time. So dont let those tiger or trojan fans call you inferior. The soc2 is just as talented as they are in every sport. Football may be a challenge but they cannot give the soc2 crap in any other sport!

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

demaniac1 wrote:Ptown and Itowns population have declined very rapidly. They are NOW in our league as far as talent and competiton can give. We should welcome them into the fold wholeheartedly. It can only make us better! They are always good teams and it has been a shame that only Burg will give them a game. You other soc team posters shouldnt even converse on this thread if you bring up Itown and Ptown joining the ranks. I give Minford some cudos a few years ago and Waverly for battling for so many years against the tigers. Lets get some revenge on here!! Let the Trojans and the Tigers in the SOC2 and let the BATTLE BEGIN!! I have seen it all on this post so far, MINFORD, WEST,WAVERLY so good, let the TITANS IN!! You guys take the last 4 to 6 years into the account, let the TITANS IN!!! You sound like ohio state bashers. "WOW, Won your championships in the 50s". Put your money where your mouth is. Burg had down years but have won a share or outright the last 5-6 yrs. Couldnt win it yourselves?

As for next year, Waverly may have a team to compete vs Burg but those Burg sophs are the real deal and they will be JRs and spank some people around. Ironton will give them a good game for sure but the rest of the SOC will be hurting for a win vs this Burg squad. Ptowns sophs are going to make a game of it but fall behind at the end due to lack of strength overall. They will get tired.

I heard 67 kids out for weights at burg and its Woodwards privy to who plays where. So much talent. Too much attitude! Great kids and a good team philosophy. All about the team!!

Oh by the way,

MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN!! Good luck to all kids in this area and their parents. They deserve it!!

By the way, this is only football, any other sport, Burg has dominated almost every year. Dont let the trojan or tiger tell you different. Girls league Ironton and Ptown are underated. Itown and Ptown BBall are also underated most of the time. So dont let those tiger or trojan fans call you inferior. The soc2 is just as talented as they are in every sport. Football may be a challenge but they cannot give the soc2 crap in any other sport!

I think it's more like around 40-50 kids for the BURG. I dont think 67 kids are out and besides most will wuss out once practice starts...thats when the boys are separated from the men and the posers are weeded out of the crowd. If there are in fact 67 kids lifting and they all play then my dad and I will have to build more lockers.

koolaid18
Waterboy

Post by koolaid18 »

football is dumb i like figure skating its sooooo cool

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

Derf_W wrote:This is turning into a competitive league, I would not be surprised to see Minford, Waverly, West, or Wheelersburg win it. That will all change when Portsmouth and Ironton join.

Then it will be Tri-Champs every year with Portsmouth, Ironton and Wheelersburg winning it. You are right, it will change.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West has won 2 out of the last 3 and 3 out of the the last 6 versus Portsmouth, and we'll probably be favored this year. We can play with Portsmouth.

We've only beaten Ironton once in our history, but the last few games were competitive. They wore us down in the second half. Tripplett's weight program should help there.

I would be in favor of them joining, but I wouldn't look for it to happen.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

siderman wrote:West has won 2 out of the last 3 and 3 out of the the last 6 versus Portsmouth, and we'll probably be favored this year. We can play with Portsmouth.

We've only beaten Ironton once in our history, but the last few games were competitive. They wore us down in the second half. Tripplett's weight program should help there.

I would be in favor of them joining, but I wouldn't look for it to happen.

Hey, is West playing Ironton this year ???

The_Flash_10
Waterboy

Post by The_Flash_10 »

personally ...i think burg will take the soc again...they just have a dominant program...

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

I see it going like this!

Wheelersburg
Minford
West
Waverly
Valley
Northwest

* Minford could with alot of luck; surprise Wheelersburg. They are the only one that I see having even an outside chance.

* Waverly and Valley; you can switch those two around; it could go either way!

* Sorry Northwest; it just ain't going to happen! No SOC wins!

Enemy of State_98
Riding the Bench

Post by Enemy of State_98 »

I think the burg has a very good chance of winning another soc title but i think minford and maybe even waverly or west could give them a run for their money. I think the league could be very competitive this year. Waverly could be a team that surprises people with Roback playing qb he is fast and very athletic.

1.burg
2.minford
3. waverly
4. west
5.valley
6. northwest

good luck Pirates and bring another soc title back to the burg

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

B-U-R-G BURG BURG BURG

Legacy_11
Waterboy

Post by Legacy_11 »

The SOC is going to be tough this year. But i believe that it will be a tight race between Burg, waverly, and west. All are returning starters, and losing some. So i think it is up for grabs, but Good Luck to the Pirates!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Not West this yr. Too many problem kids to make this team jell. As for those sophs as juniors this year for burg, BEST group to come along in a long time. Hardest hitters, do what the coaches ask, believe in the system and have all the fundamentals. Their frosh yr as an example. Best blocking group in a long time. Cudos R. Gill! Senior numbers are down for Burg this yr. Could be a problem. White must step up as a leader and a brute for the juniors and sophs. No Frosh on this team!! He is a brute and will prove it!! Speed?? Shankwieler no speed?? And his little brother! Stegman is 6-5 and has been catching footballs all through grade school etc.. Potent!! Craigmiles is a monster on defense and can actually run the ball. Many of you remember him as a tb in his frosh year. Burg lacking talent is a no no on this post!! Better than ever. Coaching, dont look for much of a change. Run run run this year though. Lang doesnt have the arm Spradlin had. But its one year removed. I could be wrong........ Time will tell! LOL!

I see all teams getting better this yr. Danials from Minford is one heck of a coach and Tripplett will not be a slouch! Very competitive and Waverly is the one that scares me though. Bigger school and good atheletes every yr. I think they will be a force especially when they play Burg at home. This game has gone back and forth for the last several yrs. Waverly is always a thorn in the side of Burg as was west in early 2000 and in the 80s. We will see. Cant wait till 2 a days to see what is going on. More posts specific then.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Well, well, the expert has spoken.!..don't worry folks, it has already been decided on here by demaniac...heck, he even knows what each grade of kid from other schools is going eat for breakfast tomorrow! :lol: :lol: :lol: Stay tuned for an analysis of each schools water boys.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

First off... the incoming senior class for Burg is really not that small. Let's not write them off so soon. They were about 7 or 8 last season and I know of 2-3 that are coming back out this season that could make an impact. That makes a senior group of 9-10 players. Not that small IMO.

White, Schankwiler and Hopper will have to step up as leaders as they are the ones with the most varsity experience coming into the season. With Robertson and Brogden returning, adding to Frowine, CJ Adkins, Leach, Hacker, etc. they should be pretty solid on the OL as well. Also, plenty of strength and speed in the backfield. Schankwiler is a brute and has decent speed and quick feet. He will run over people this season (did it last year). Craigmiles is fast and has size and could prove to be a big difference in this ball club. Although smaller than the other two, Walker is a solid runner, a tough kid and will provide another solid RB. White is a brute at FB and given the ball can be a huge benefit in short yardage situations. Lang is a solid running QB that will have to improve his passing somewhat, as in todays HS football you must be able to throw the football as well. Burg has the receivers that can catch out of the backfield and returning in TE/WR Hopper and Kemper working in as well, so this should be an added threat if Lang improves in this area.

I look for Burg to be about 65-70% run and 30-35% pass this season.

Burg will challenge for another SOC crown but the league should be very competitive with Waverly, West, Minford and Valley all returning talent.

Return to “Football”