Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Gaiters Commits to Youngstown State

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

Saw this on the Times Recorder Website

Gaiters commits to Youngstown State
By DAVE WEIDIG
Staff Writer

ZANESVILLE — Zanesville's record-setting All-Ohio tailback Bryan Gaiters has verbally committed to Youngstown State University, to continue his football and academic careers.

ZHS head coach Chad Grandstaff said Gaiters picked the Penguins over Cincinnati, where he would have been a preferred walk-on. He will officially sign his national letter of intent next Wednesday, the first signing day.

"Coach (Jon) Heacock was here yesterday," Grandstaff said. "They're talking about using him at defensive back and on returns." Heacock, the YSU head coach, is the brother of former Muskingum College head football coach Jeff Heacock and current Ohio State defensive coordinator Jim Heacock.
"We have a lot of kids, probably 10 to 12, who are looking at playing college football," Grandstaff added.

Gaiters, a four-year starter at Zanesville, set school rushing records for single game, single season and career. He helped lead the Blue Devils to an 8-2 record and a Division II playoff berth, their first spot in the postseason in 10 years.

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

Not a bad program for Gaiters to play in.Key thing here is the youngman is getting a free education and playing the game that he loves,Good Luck to Gaiters up in Youngstown.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats to this very talent player and good luck in the classroom.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Congrats to Gaiters.

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Good to hear! Congrats to Bryan and welcome to Guin Land!

Once a Tiger (or Tigerette), always a Tiger!
beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

congrats. good luck.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Good Job :!:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to Mr. Gaiters

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

nice pick

congrats to him

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

That kid is awesome...glad to hear it..he can meet my main man, Bagboy

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Bryan will make the Penguins a very good running back, congrats!

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

Congratulation's to Bryan Gaiters a fine Running back and the best in the SEOAL....

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

Awesome! This is great to hear.I'm very happy to hear this.I believe he'll be a great fit at YSU.This is the 2nd SEOAL player in the last 2 years to sign with the Guins.
As a former player for Coach Heacock and a friend, I can tell you that he is in good hands and will be treated fairly with the opportunity to learn from a GREAT motivator.Don't know if he's busted out the "candle" speech lately, but if he does, it'll have the boys ready to take on the world. It was truly one for the ages--one of those speeches that gives you chills 20 years later, just thinking about it.I'm sure he has a few more in his arsenal. He is truly an intense, motivating leader.
Anyways, good luck to Brian.

Pretty good choice , huh TigerMum?
Hows the boy doin? If you think about it , have him drop me a PM or e-mail. Thanks.

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

You bet htk! He is doing fine! Will pass the word onto him. :)

Once a Tiger (or Tigerette), always a Tiger!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I REMEMBER HIM WELL FROM 2 YEARS AGO, AT HERNSTEIN. GLAD TO SEE HIM GO TO YSU, ACTUALLY JUST GLAD TO SEE HIM GO. ---------------------------------HE'S TOO FAST. :-D

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I REMEMBER HIM WELL FROM 2 YEARS AGO, AT HERNSTEIN. GLAD TO SEE HIM GO TO YSU, ACTUALLY JUST GLAD TO SEE HIM GO. ---------------------------------HE'S TOO FAST. :-D

AT HERNSTEIN?????

You may remember him better leaping over a couple defenders at the Tank this past season. Awesome running back. Goodluck at YSU.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

This guy reminded me alot of Jo Jo Parker from the Portsmouth team of 2000 and 2001.

Return to “Football”