Which Team Will Win The SOC 1 this year?

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: Which Team Will Win The SOC 1 this year?

Post by Tartanblue »

The East defense should be just as strong as last year. With all-state Mault and Howard back but Hoover also played D I believe so you could look at as 3 all state back. I look for either Garret or Hood to be under center though for the Tartans.

However I would like to see Hood stay at Wide Out for the Tartans as he caught some nice passes last year and even a couple that look underthrown and even caught up to one that was a little overthrown.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I would imagine that Oak Hill has a pretty good shot at taking the SOC crown this year. Lots of talent coming back down there...

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Oak Hill could be a challenger to the Sciotoville East Tartans in 2008! They was the only team on the regular season schedule that managed to ever get a lead on the Tartans. Although, it was only for 1:38 seconds! And of course, the defense of the Tartans and the powerful running attack took control.

I have noticed that the Oak Hill faithful have laid claims to the Crown of SOC I would be theirs for the past two seasons. And rightfully so, every faithful fan should have those aspirations each season for their teams. But, East has won it for the past two seasons! With last season "Leaving No Doubt" who the Champion was! The closest any conference opponent came to a win was a 12-0 win over Notre Dame in the last regular season game.

This season Sciotoville East has a greater than normal chance to establish a "Three-Peat" as SOC I Champions! With almost the entire offensive and defensive lines returning; a solid backfield and linebacking core and one of the most productive offenses in the county. Couple that with swarming and stinging defense and, that is a recipe for another Championship.

The quarterback dilema will be worked out just fine. Be rest assured! That when the whistle blows and the first snap of the season is taken; that Tartans will be rolling and firing on all cylinders once again towards another Championship!

Remember, to be the man; You have to beat the man!

"Trample the weak and hurdle the dead!

Sciotoville East Tartans 2008 SOC I Champions = 2006-2007-2008 Champions!

"Home of the first ever Community School sanctioned by the OHSA in athletics in the State of Ohio" and "The only Community School in the 2007 Gridiron Playoffs"

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

headhunter1 wrote:How will be the head coach. I heard that davis was let go.

If Davis was let go it will more than likely be Todd Giullen

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

First of all; No one has said that Coach Davis wasn't coaching next year but, Coach Davis! Second... He hasn't said this to any school officials that I know of; but, maybe he did and they are not releasing it yet. I do know that Coach Davis has one more year until his retirement.

Anyway. I would think that you would try and get the best possible coach you can get! Not saying anything against Todd. But... Sciotoville Community School needs to consider all opportunities for their next coach! There are a few coaches still in our area that currently are available and, several good assistants!

Maybe a change to something new would be in order! Maybe... a coach with a different style or program. Who knows! One thing is for certain... Tartan Football needs to start winning playoff games to go to the next level and be considered a solid football program!

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Alright, now that I had time after my last post to think about what I said....I have decided to stay away from posting anything related to who will be the coach at East next year....and here is why It seems that for now the last month or so every week someone brings up whether or not Davis has resigned, been fired, or what ever....Quite frankly these same people more so than not are also on here posting this not knowing what is going on themselfs. Here is an idea that I highly doubt will even happen, how about we stop this crap of has he or is he or when is he....ect. posting and just wait to see what actually happens and has been confirmed. Can we give that a try...

Now as to the topic I have said it before and will say it again, it will come down to East vs Oak Hill for the SOC I title in Sciotoville in which ever week it is this season.

Return to “Football”