Ironton Fighting Tigers 2008

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Ironton Fighting Tigers 2008

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I know it's a ways off yet, what's everyones thoughts on 2008 Tigers.
We are returning alot of starters on both sides of the ball. The entire backfield will be returning. The line looks to be pretty good with several players back. I am hearing of an outstanding running back coming from Columbus, has anyone else heard of this? I look for a great season ahead from these Tigers.

Returning Starters: That I can think of.

Schweickart---QB/DE
Brice-----------RB/DB
Freeman-------RB/DB
Dyer------------RB/DB
Edins-----------FB/LB
Murphy---------FB/NG
Wetzel---------FB/CB
White----------C/DE
Lucas-----------G/NG
Cramblit--------T/DT
Jones-----------TE/DE
Monnig----------TE/DE
Morris-----------SE/DB

GO TIGERS.................

tigerdad
JV Team

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2008

Post by tigerdad »

yea, the kid from columbus is Paris Birchfield He was only absent for 2 years and is now returning. He played on the 7th and 8th grade team for ironton junior high he is now a sophmore

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

tigerdad wrote:yea, the kid from columbus is Paris Birchfield He was only absent for 2 years and is now returning. He played on the 7th and 8th grade team for ironton junior high he is now a sophmore
Yea, I heard he is a stud of a running back with alot of speed that we havn't seen since Jermon Jackson.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Who Dey?

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Paris was not gone 2 years.He will be a Junior this next football season,and I know he played as a Freshman at Ironton.Second I dont think he came back from C-bus,his brother Courtney did,who will be a Sophmore this fall.
I coached both of these boys at a young age,and yes they both can be good football players.

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

O.K I was only going on what some students have told me that paris is now back in Ironton, I do remember him playing 8th grade football and yes He will be a junior next football season. I have seen both paris and courtney play and they both will be a great addition to our team. Can't wait to get this football season started

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

We lost 1 outstanding freshman would be soph next season rb but with birchfield and lewis back should be able to step in the spot with out missing a step

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Thanks for the info guys, I do remember Birchfield now. Wow.....we are going to have one stacked backfield.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Can't wait to see you guys week 9.
GO BUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

big tiger wrote:We lost 1 outstanding freshman would be soph next season rb but with birchfield and lewis back should be able to step in the spot with out missing a step

Who did we lose?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

philthyphil wrote:
big tiger wrote:We lost 1 outstanding freshman would be soph next season rb but with birchfield and lewis back should be able to step in the spot with out missing a step

Who did we lose?

could be Hutchinson who transfered back to Huntington............. :?: :?:

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

looks and sounds like things maybe heading the right way kids coming back with lutz leading the way :mrgreen:

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

I know of a player who wants to come to Ironton.....He is one of my close friends now....and He would make a HUGE Impact at Wide Reciever.....I think he had close to around 600 or 700 yards recieving last year at his school..

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TigersGameDayFan wrote:I know of a player who wants to come to Ironton.....He is one of my close friends now....and He would make a HUGE Impact at Wide Reciever.....I think he had close to around 600 or 700 yards recieving last year at his school..
What's the hold up on him coming to Ironton? :-D , what kind of size does he have?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

that shouldnt be a problem :idea:

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
TigersGameDayFan wrote:I know of a player who wants to come to Ironton.....He is one of my close friends now....and He would make a HUGE Impact at Wide Reciever.....I think he had close to around 600 or 700 yards recieving last year at his school..
What's the hold up on him coming to Ironton? :-D , what kind of size does he have?

He is working things out right now.....im not gonna release anymore info until he is here for sure....it could be summer....but let me tell you one thing...he is worth the wait....

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

You know if I were cynical, I'd say something like "what does Ironton need with a wide receiver since they never pass" ;-)

BUT, since I bleed orange, I look forward to seeing him play for the Fighting Tigers.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Ironton should have a good ball club next season!!!
Last edited by BBallin fool on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Gray Fighting Tiger wrote:
You know if I were cynical, I'd say something like "what does Ironton need with a wide receiver since they never pass" ;-)

BUT, since I bleed orange, I look forward to seeing him play for the Fighting Tigers.

GFT Ironton threw for 4 TDs last year. So never say never. LOL

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I think the Tigers will do great next season.

Return to “Football”