Local players playing semi pro ball

TrojanXplosion
S

Re: Local players playing semi pro ball

Post by TrojanXplosion »

NICKNEVADA wrote:there are several guys from New Boston trying out for these teams. FYI-They did not play football in school!

Good luck making the team then.... :roll:

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

If they have some athleticism and are willing to listen to some of the other guys there, those guys from New Boston might be able to help the team out.

I know that most guys playing semi-pro are MORE than happy to let somebody else do the running up and down the field on special teams...

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

I don't know! 35 year old guys who never ever put a helmet on? It must be a sad league.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

nicknevada wrote:

It must be a sad league.

I guess the only person who has the right to say anything like that about the league/team would be somebody who has tried it...

I hope those guys playing down there (and I know many of them) are playing because they love the game, not because they expect some glory to come from it...

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

It is not like there are going to be NFL scouts at these games. This type of ball is played by people who have some kind of sickness inside of them that says "You have not had enough. Who cares if you are whatever age you are? You can still do it."

These people love football so much that they are willing to play with 15 people against 35, and are willing to play both ways fully knowing that the next several days are going to be painful.

I respect the 30+ aged guys who go out there and kill themselves for their love of the game!

I used to have that desire, but not anymore.

And for anyone to say that it must be a sad league certainly must not have ever played this kind of ball before, because it is amazing who shows up for some of these teams. I believe I played against at least 10 former D-I athletes in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i coached jessie carmon, way back, all the way through grade school ball. he was a manchild then, and went on to have a good career at ironton. i'd like to see him stay at west va. tech. but he's now part of the crush team , in huntington. and i also had heath bridges for a couple years, i had heard he was at ky. christian. anyway, good luck to all these local fellers, i'll have to catch a few of these. :aaaaa47 :aaaaa47 :aaaaa47 ME LIKEY FOOTBALL, MUCH. :aaaaa21

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

boogerred wrote:It is not like there are going to be NFL scouts at these games. This type of ball is played by people who have some kind of sickness inside of them that says "You have not had enough. Who cares if you are whatever age you are? You can still do it."

These people love football so much that they are willing to play with 15 people against 35, and are willing to play both ways fully knowing that the next several days are going to be painful.

I respect the 30+ aged guys who go out there and kill themselves for their love of the game!

I used to have that desire, but not anymore.

And for anyone to say that it must be a sad league certainly must not have ever played this kind of ball before, because it is amazing who shows up for some of these teams. I believe I played against at least 10 former D-I athletes in the late 1990s and early 2000s.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BOOGERMAN, WHY SO BITTER ABOUT THIS, DID THEY CUT YOU. :122246 :122246 :122246

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Did they cut me? No I didn't try out.

I played from 1999-2004 for various teams.
I live in Rio Grande Ohio now and it is not practicable for me to play for several reasons.
1. Travel distance and price of gas
2. Coaching takes up enough of my time as it is.
3. I have four children ages 1-7, with one of them having a very rare illness.
4. I hurt now when I do things; I am not 24 anymore
5. Football isn't even my best sport.

As for you thinking I am bitter, I am not bitter - just a realist.
When I played it was because I loved football that much. I knew I had no shot at playing pro ball.

I am too old to play now and have more important things to do!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Tiger Bait:

Obviously you aren't that familiar with semi-pro football. People don't get cut, especially offensive linemen. There is a severe shortage of guys whose bodies are willing to or can take that every-play pounding.

By the way, boogerred was a good player. Played beside him for several seasons. Maybe he's just too beat up from playing the game a lot longer than most NFL players do!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Guys that play semi-pro football have a special love for the game.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

bait,
I don't see any negativity in that post. I know you are an Irontonfan , so I can forgive you for somethings. I, however, assumed that you could read.
The only bitterness I have is toward stupid people.

Return to “Football”