linebackers

osu 77
All State

Re: linebackers

Post by osu 77 »

terpcrazy wrote:I can tell you right now I have seen that kid play and there is no way he runs a 4.6 forty, and he wasnt even that great this year.

Most of last year he was hurt but when he is healthy I seen him play some good football. I guess time will only tell.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

For a 15 yr old to squat that much is rediculously hard to believe...even if it is true why have none of us heard of this kid before?

The Program
Waterboy

Post by The Program »

The Riepo Man wrote:For a 15 yr old to squat that much is rediculously hard to believe...even if it is true why have none of us heard of this kid before?

I agree its very hard to believe I would deff have to see it to believe it.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

The Program wrote:
The Riepo Man wrote:For a 15 yr old to squat that much is rediculously hard to believe...even if it is true why have none of us heard of this kid before?

I agree its very hard to believe I would deff have to see it to believe it.

I've seen them lift under Tripplett before and he is a stickler for form and makes sure that they don't stand around. I had heard good things about the progress, but after seeing them in action I had no doubts about it being true. As for the 600 pounds, I never saw it, but the man that told me about it is a very straight shooter and he witnessed it. Then I read about it on here from someone else. That combined with how hard the kid works and how devoted he and his family are; there's no doubt in my mind that it's true.

Riepo man the Burg/West freshman game was maybe the only one I missed all year. From what I was told he had one heck of a game and West beat you out there. He tore or badly strained a ligament in his foot in that game that put him out most of the year and badly slowed him down for the rest. He started 2 of the last 3 varsity games (linebacker vs Burg) and had a real nice game, especially for a freshman. He's a dandy football player.

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

well I guess west could have an open workout for the public. Why would I lie about it? I didn't believe it until I seen it with my own two eyes. And the kid is a legit 4.6, over spring break I saw the kid run against his older brother and was a step off of him. And the reason you haven't heard of him he was sidelined most of last season with a high ankle sprain and he is a Freshman. Trust me, if you haven't heard of him before, you will in about 5 months. I dont think anyone ever heard of his brother either until his sophomore season.

GrumpyOldFish
Freshman Team

Post by GrumpyOldFish »

Ok, that's great about that kid. For any freshman to be doing that much is awesome!

Now, there's only been about 4-5 kids listed on here. I know from going to quite a few games last year that there are more good linebackers out there.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

If it is true, when I see it with my own eyes that is, then great...but an all the power in the world wont win a game unless you play as a team and I dont know how handles the aspect of teamwork. Playing against them last year and watching bball they seemed to argue a whole lot...as Woody Hayes said "You win with people"

West Legend
Riding the Bench

Post by West Legend »

lets here more about these kids!!!!!!!!

terpcrazy
Waterboy

Post by terpcrazy »

I watched him in junior high and watchd him play last year to, and I highly doubt that he runs a 4.6 forty, and know for a fact he will not lead the league for the next three years, and will not lead rushing 2 out of the 3 years.
What about Bryan White that kid is going to be crazy this coming season and I can see him leading tackles in the S.O.C.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

terpcrazy wrote:I watched him in junior high and watchd him play last year to, and I highly doubt that he runs a 4.6 forty, and know for a fact he will not lead the league for the next three years, and will not lead rushing 2 out of the 3 years.
What about Bryan White that kid is going to be crazy this coming season and I can see him leading tackles in the S.O.C.

I agree White will be one of the keys to the Pirate O/Defense. Id take Whites power of his speed any day. 3 yards in a cloud of dust is my style of running...besides who doesnt love a running back who can take and dish out hits.

The Program
Waterboy

Post by The Program »

Ostrowski from Minford should be another good one this year he was All State mention last year if I remeber correctly

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

15 and runs a 4.6 is special after being sidelined by a high ankle sprain. i wonder what you think he could run without the injury :?:

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

terpcrazy wrote:I watched him in junior high and watchd him play last year to, and I highly doubt that he runs a 4.6 forty, and know for a fact he will not lead the league for the next three years, and will not lead rushing 2 out of the 3 years.

Jared is the starting tailback for Morehead State. Now granted that isn't Ohio State, but it isn't chopped liver either. If he can run with him he's pretty fast.

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

Terpcrazy,
I would love to know where you get your facts at. I have witnessed it, The kid will be scary. He is a legit 4.6 when healthy at 230 lbs. And I will go out on a limb and say barring injuries he will lead the soc in tackles for 3 years and rushing for 2 years. Last year as a true 14 year old freshman against wheelersburg, his first game starting due to the ankle. He led west with 10 solo's and 1 forced fumble. All you got to do is watch the film and look for #28. may I add he was playing middle linebacker. I want you to name another 14 year old freshman who done that in his first varsity start against arguably the best team in our area.

3x2
Waterboy

Post by 3x2 »

That legit 4.6 has turned in 4.84 as that is what he ran at the combine. Still not to bad for his age and size.

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

Yes last weekend he did run a 4.84. I heard that was the worst he has ran. He was told be the guys from rivals, that if he didn't pick his hand up before he takes off he would have ran a 4.6. He also ran a very impressive 4.4 shuttle. And finished 3rd in the benchpress with 28 reps.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Not too shabby numbers for a fullback. :122245 The kid's gonna be a beast. Didn't he break his leg in 7th grade? It seemed like after that he gained too much weight it is just now getting back to a good playing weight.

Our competition is gonna have a time trying to stop him, Swords, and Murphy in our 3 back set. Swords is in great shape and an absolute mule. Murphy has excellent vision and is gonna be a heck of a tailback.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:Terpcrazy,
I would love to know where you get your facts at. I have witnessed it, The kid will be scary. He is a legit 4.6 when healthy at 230 lbs. And I will go out on a limb and say barring injuries he will lead the soc in tackles for 3 years and rushing for 2 years. Last year as a true 14 year old freshman against wheelersburg, his first game starting due to the ankle. He led west with 10 solo's and 1 forced fumble. All you got to do is watch the film and look for #28. may I add he was playing middle linebacker. I want you to name another 14 year old freshman who done that in his first varsity start against arguably the best team in our area.

Sure and all you gotta do is watch and see that those 10 solo's and one forced fumble had no impact on the game so whats all the hoopla about? Just because he's a freshman doesnt mean he's supposed to play like one. Plenty of underclassmen are better than juniors or seniors so unless he can find a way to help his team WIN then his "talent" is somewhat useless. If he does infact lead the league in tackles and rushing like you all are boasting and yet they do not win the SOC title then who really cares??

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

LOGAN CHIEFTAINS 3 WILL BE TOUGH :-D :shock: :!:

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Logan should be pretty good again
Last edited by The Riepo Man on Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”