Minford 2003

TrojanXplosion
S

Re: Minford 2003

Post by TrojanXplosion »

He is without a doubt D 1 material. If memory serves me correctly I remember some football players telling me that Ethan was getting letters from Cincy, UCONN, and another school I can't think of right now. But, my point being, he has got the size to play D 1 and he has got the skills. Good luck to him in the future.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I am a huge Minford supporter but I dont think Hockett is D1 Material.

Have you really watched D linemen/Linebackers that went on to D1 play in high school? They absolutely ship wrecked anyone that lined up on the other side of them. Yes Ethan is a big ole boy, and I think that he can play at the next level given his size...but VERY few kids from this area play D1 at any position.

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

good point bleeding red... minford had some talented players this past year and none of them are moving on to play at the college level... just some notable IMO that could have played at the next level...

Trent Reynolds - hardnosed fullback and talented linebacker
Chad Bentley - excellent and consistent longsnapper
Ethan Gaines - good speed/power mixture with blocking ability

These are some athletes, and i say athletes, because they have either been in multiple, soemtimes three, sports at a time.

the lone ranger
Riding the Bench

Post by the lone ranger »

Hockett does have the size to be a D1 player but for him to play D1 he will have to have a great year and continue to work on his strength a couple of his problems are is mobility and upper body strength but if he can work on that then he could be an outstanding player

Return to “Football”