An Early Look at the SEOAL: The 2008 Chillicothe Cavaliers

Army
S

Re: An Early Look at the SEOAL: The 2008 Chillicothe Cavaliers

Post by Army »

Botcowa,

Didn't you know Drifter lives near Zanesville and is a Sheridan fan, I mean a Logan fan, I mean who does he support :?:

He's also a resident expert of the Chillicothe CAVS Program too. :-D

Watch out Botcowa, Drifter stated earlier on here, that he will be at the Chillicothe CAVS-Sheridan game decked out in his purple chieftian uniform. And we will know who he is. Wooooooo..................! Heck, maybe he could join his buddy 2old who also was wearing his purple chieftian uniform at Wellston, 2old's alma mater I might add, at the Chillicothe-Dayton Dunbar B-Ball game last year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Disregard Southernstorm. He's from somewhere near Racine in Meigs County. :roll:

What's the team they have down there? Southern Meigs? :lol: :lol:

Hmmm :?: :-D

GO CAVS :!:

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Army, read this slow so you may understand. I live between Zanesville and Logan, if you want, email me and I will give you directions if you want to stop by! A Logan fan forever, and we have already discussed this, but a football fan as well. Sheridan is a great program, Watterson a great program, Stuebenville a great program, Lancaster, Logan, Desales, Upper Arlington, Cleveland Benedectine, STX, well hopefully, even you can get my point. All great football programs. You are a clown and dreaming about some day having some sign of a football program. Yes, I do plan on maybe seeing the Sheridan/ Chilli game, and most likely will wear a Logan Football shirt, if I have one clean. Have me paged Army, I will come find you.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Drifter,

Wooooo.....you have me so scared, that I may not come to the game, because you will be there with your purple logan shirt on. Not..... :!: :lol:

Sounds morelike a clown scernio to me. :-D

You can bet I will be there. :-D

Especially when we play Sheridan and Logan :!: :-D

Keep up the great work on our threads. I am sure the kids are taking it all in that play for the CAVS. Especially when you put their program down. A program that still has Logan's number in victories verses losses. Or did that slip your mind :?:

I am sure our kids will have something to say about your expert predictions, concerning the CAVS. :-D

GO CAVS :!: :-D

Refuse to Lose :!:

Roll Big Blue and White to Victory :!:

Botcowa
Riding the Bench

Post by Botcowa »

Drifter,

Hey man if you are there you gotta come see me. We'll get you some of Hernsteins famous fish fry sandwhichs. Seriously all joking and bagging aside. Let me know if your gonna be there, I can give you an easy place to find me.

Army,

Thanks for all the info!

GO CAVS!!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Botcowa,

I'll even buy the first one for Drifter. :-D

Respectfully

Army :-D

Any updates on the CAVS Botcowa?

Last edited by Army on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Hey Boys, if you are that excited to get together, why wait? And I think I will eat before I get there. Again, why wait? Email me Army.

chillout
Riding the Bench

Post by chillout »

Not much being said. How's the summer been going for the Cavaliers?

Army
S

Post by Army »

Sounds like an exciting year. Caleb was in form in the passing scrimmage. Hopefully, only great things for our well seasoned Veteran CAV Team this year both in non-league play and inside our SEOAL :!: :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

There are some nice photo pics of the CAVS Team on the SEOPS links section and go to Chillicothe Cavaliers concerning the 7-7.

Last edited by Army on Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

will knights accept the offer from west point. how do you think he will fair running the triple option :?: you have to be one heck of a student to go military academy :!: best of luck :idea:

Army
S

Post by Army »

The CAVS looked pretty good tonight in their opening scrimmage against Greenfield McClain. Things are looking good for the CAVS this season. :-D

I think the CAVS looked really good tonight in comparison to last years scrimmage. Especially on defense. The CAVS dominated Greenfield after a few plays. The new kid from Bexley also had a great run up the middle for a long gain. What's his number 20 something? He also played defensive HB. I am atonished The Receiver CORPS that Chillicothe has this season. They must run in and out 12. They also have more TE's and SE's this year. The transfer from Huntington-Ross is huge. He played in the Reserve game tonight. He played Middle Guard for the Huntsmen. Word was, he has always resided in Chillicothe but went to Huntington-Ross on open enrollement. They also have another Freshmen that came on board giving the CAVS 13 total 9th graders. One coach said the Huntington-Ross transfer will get to play on the Varsity after the season starts and he learns the CAV system. Hopsing, I would agree, 1 and 31 had their own way with the Tigers tonight. I also thought 44 and 9 did some great blocking and running up the middle too, as the game progressed. As well, as 22 and 23 who had some decent runs for the CAVS. Caleb looked really good, and in form except the endzone interception. He ran right through and past Greenfield tonight. He had so many patterns to throw to, it was like watching him 2 seasons ago. The linemen settled down and blocked for Caleb and started busting holes open for the backs.

They looked pretty good tonight on both sides of the field.

Hopefully a turn around from last year.

chillout
Riding the Bench

Post by chillout »

Chillicothe has no transfer from Bexley?

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Agreed Chillout... don't know how a kid who played bkb and was raised in Chilly, keeps getting reffered to as a "transfer". Oh well. Great to see the Cavs back on the gridiron last night vs. the Tigers. A "typical" first scrimmage: lots of looks from several different players, plenty of kids learning new things that will be eager to improve, and as always, lots of enthusiasm and hopes for the new season. While not reading TOO MUCH into what was witnessed last night and last week's 2-a-days, this is just one person's early view of the '08 Cavs:
-Experience, this team has it at lots of positions... even the kids who have decided to play again late in their High School career will add needed depth to this Chilly team.
-Fundamentals, there "appears" to have been a back-to-basics approach with them... we did 3 things better last night in what amounted to 2 qtrs. against McClain, than we may have done ALL of last year: Blocked, Tackled, Executed. That alone, regardless of your "talent", will keep you in most football games. If we improve on all 3, wins should follow.
Leadership, it appears as though some of our mature, veteran players finally "get it". Hopefully through any highs and lows that may follow, these kids continue to set an example.
Now, all of that being said, it was a rocky start to the scrimmage, but once we settled in, we played well. Whether we were trying to keep it simple, or whether we knew we were being scouted, our basics worked, and worked well. We still aren't the speediest team on offense, but the willingness to be physical instead has its advantages also. Maybe an individual (hate to single anyone out here because sooo many combinations were used) that stood out, especially to those who haven't seen him was Eric Young. He has the "potential" to be an X factor on this team, and will likely improve alot given the fact he is just getting used to this level. But all in all a good TEAM effort. Our level of opponents increases greatly from here on out. And, even though this team's goals are high, the level of difficulty in their first 3 games may cause them to be somewhat deceptive heading into league play. Chilly's athletic administrators definately challenge their athletes. Will likely have a better feel for what's ahead following the scrimmage @ St. Chuck's this friday. Keep working hard guys, and Go Cavs!!!!!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Does anyone know where I can get a 2008 Cavs Roster? Usually it is up on cavsfootball.org by this point in the season, but I haven't found it yet.

Glad to hear the Cavs played well against Greenfield. Best of luck in '08.

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Locos, my guess is to keep checking daily @ cavs.org... it should be updated fairly soon as picture day was saturday. They do a good job on there, but it's obviously alot of work at the busiest time of the year for em.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Thanks Lamont.

I understand how hard it is to keep a website up to date. They do a great job, and Cav fans should be proud of the product they put together over there.

pinapplrdhwk
Freshman Team

Post by pinapplrdhwk »

How did my brother in law Issac Beverly look?

pinapplrdhwk
Freshman Team

Post by pinapplrdhwk »

How did my brother in law Issac Beverly look?

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Pineapple, Isaac was one of the few young ones they ran out there with the first unit (defense). You could tell he was "chomping at the bit"... he will come up and smack you, nice athlete.

Army
S

Post by Army »

pinapplrdhwk,

He looked really good out there. The defense made some big hits. They seem to play better together this season. Hopefully, they will get stronger and make some big stuffs this year.

I was happy to see the many team tackles they executed on the field last night. Wrapping up and putting the runner down. I know it was only a scrimmage, but the CAVS looked a whole lot better in this years bout in comparison to last years scrimmage with Greenfield.

Refuse to lose :!: :-D

Roll Big Blue and White to Victory :!: :-D

Return to “Football”