An Early Look at the SEOAL: The 2008 Chillicothe Cavaliers

Army
S

Re: An Early Look at the SEOAL: The 2008 Chillicothe Cavaliers

Post by Army »

Yeah, I love all those rumors too. Like the one that there is a few Portsmouth Trojans getting ready to be Cavaliers this season, coming from (hopsing). Maybe we should start a rumor that all of our starters are transferring to SE. Wouldn't that start a hornets nest on here. :-D

I hope our CAVS do better than last year. No matter what happens, we will be there in support of our kids on the field.

Good luck in the SEOAL this season to all the kids and Coach D and his staff.

GO CAVS :!:

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

I'm behind this team 100%.The thing about the up coming season that the kid's have to come out fired up an be ready to the game.All 12 players have to be running on all cylinders.Our line has to give caleb time to throw and give are running backs big holes to run through.The key is which running back is going to step up and be the big dog on the field this up coming football season.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

I see a better year for the CAVS. 7-3. Big win at DA HAVEN, a close loss to Big Nutt, and Sheridan too much, a 14-21 point loss. From there they dominate everyone untill Logan, where they loose in a tough battle.

Army
S

Post by Army »

I see a potential 10-0 to a 6-4 season for our CAVS. The season will boil down to how we play at, away games, and of course, staying healthy. We have several starters returning back for the CAVS and a solid team. I believe the game at Columbus Brookhaven D1 from the CCL will be a tough one, as always. I do like our Cavaliers chances at Sunbury Big Walnut from the OCC better this year than the past two seasons, that we have played the Eagles. Didn't they lose several key players from the D3 State Championship Team last year :?:

I like our match-up defeating Sheridan D3 from the MVL. We have them at home in week three.

I like our chances of winning the SEOAL if we play and execute as a team with percision and accuracy. I am glad we have Ironton D4 and Logan D2 at home this season. Those games should be ones to watch.

We also have Gallipolis (Gallia Academy) D4 at home, which should be a victory, Warren Local D3 at home which will be our first meeting in the SEOAL since joining the league. That game should yield also a victory for our CAVS. We have Zanesville D2 and Jackson D2 away which are always tuff places to play. We will have to be on our A game for those two games. And, we have Portsmouth away, our rivarly game which is always tuff. We will have to be ready for the Trojans.

We'll have to wait and see. Anything can happen in our SEOAL, but I like our chances to win the league and make the playoffs. It will be up to the kids. But one thing as always. We will be there for them no matter what.

GO SEOAL :!:

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Army, you really get caught up in the school size thing and it does not matter. Brookhaven plays in the weekest league in the state of Ohio. I was at a meeting in Col. last week and word is they have lost alot, numbers are down. I give you a edge. Your home field will not be enough against Sheridan. They have hit the road many years to play the likes of, Stuebenville, Canal Fulton, Dover, Licking Valley, Desales, ect. Do not think the Cavs from Chillicothe will intiminate them much? As far as a match up, on paper, player to player, they destroy you. I am very aware of your returners and theirs. You better fill your gas tank up and travel east to watch some football before you start comparing Chillicothe to Sheridan. Heard the same thing about how you were going to beat up on Logan, what happened? You may get Brookhaven, but not Logan or Sheridan.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Chilli losses --

1. Da Haven -- toss up

2. Big Nut -- they reload and playoffs possible

3. Sheridan -- loaded, MVL favorite

4. Logan -- loaded, SEOAL favorite.

Army
S

Post by Army »

DRIFTER wrote:Army, you really get caught up in the school size thing and it does not matter. Brookhaven plays in the weekest league in the state of Ohio. I was at a meeting in Col. last week and word is they have lost alot, numbers are down. I give you a edge. Your home field will not be enough against Sheridan. They have hit the road many years to play the likes of, Stuebenville, Canal Fulton, Dover, Licking Valley, Desales, ect. Do not think the Cavs from Chillicothe will intiminate them much? As far as a match up, on paper, player to player, they destroy you. I am very aware of your returners and theirs. You better fill your gas tank up and travel east to watch some football before you start comparing Chillicothe to Sheridan. Heard the same thing about how you were going to beat up on Logan, what happened? You may get Brookhaven, but not Logan or Sheridan.

DRIFTER,

I am so glad to know that you are an area expert in Chillicothe High School Football. Especially knowing the CAV Team in depth. I take it you must be a Sheridan fan.

If memory serves me right, our SEOAL school, the Gallipolis (Gallia Academy) Blue Devils gave them a game or two in a series.

What was the 2006 score?

Gallipolis (Gallia Academy) 30 Sheridan 13 at Sheridan :!: :-D

September 15, 2006
At Chillicothe: Chillicothe 38 Gallia Academy 33
Givens 9 yard TD run, 89 yard TD from Knights pass, 24 yard TD from Knights. Basil 32 yard field goal, 5 PAT's. Beller 1 yard TD run. Haner 1 yard TD run. Knights 70 yard TD run. :-D

September 14, 2007
At Gallipolis: Chillicothe 17 Gallipolis (Gallia Academy) 14 :-D

08/24 @ Gallia Academy...W
Sheridan 21 Gallipolis (Gallia Academy) 9

hmm, even...Morgan defeated your Generals last year in the MVL? :roll:

I might add, we have defeated Gallipolis the past two years too in league play. Doesn't Sheridan once again play our fellow SEOAL member the Gallipolis Gallia Academy (Blue Devils) at Gallipolis this season in another non-league game? :-D

And, who cares if your Sheridan Generals have defeated Stuebenville, so has our CAVS.

In 2000 our CAVS defeated the BIG Red at Stuebenville. :-D

Chillicothe Caviliers 14 Stuebenville Big Red 13. What's that prove :?: :-D

It's a new season in 2008.

As for Dover, Chillicothe played against Dover from 1941-1957 in the old C.O.L. while both respected schools were league members. In 1957 Dover left the C.O.L. (Central Ohio League). The other C.O.L. members besides Chillicothe and Dover were, Lancaster, Newark, Zanesville, Coshocton, Cambridge, and Marietta. By the way, Chillicothe has the higher numbers in the win column against the Dover Tornadoes. :-D

So what's your point?

But as I stated, what's that prove, this is 2008. A new season with a new beginning.

For petes sake, let the kids prove it. :-D

So, I will have to agree to disagree. Anyway, you can talk all the smack you want on here, it will be up to the kids on the field not you, or any other poster on here, to include myself. The outcome will be provided by our kids on the football field. But I like our chances at home against Sheridan. Our CAVS seem to defeat teams at home with large scores.

By the way, just ask Logan in 2006?

1. September 1, 2006 (Chillicothe 31 Logan 21)
Beeler 16 yard TD from Knights pass, 16 yard TD from Knights pass. Basil 4 PATs, 25 yard FG. Givens 76 yard TD from Knights pass. Woodworth 20 yard TD from Knights pass. What was the score at half time :?: :-D

2. September 22, 2006 (Chillicothe 47 Ironton 14) Beeler 5 yard TD run, 1 yard TD run. Mallow 9 yard TD from Knight pass. Knight 1 yard TD run. Steele 7 yard TD from Knight pass. Gibens 2 yard TD from Knight pass. Detty 1 yard TD run. Basil 5 PAT's.

3. Week 9 October 19, 2007 (Chillicothe 70 Marietta 34) in 2007. :-D

We will just have to wait and see come week three, concerning your Sheridan Generals. Chillicothe always plays pretty decent at home. So we will have to see. I would not call the Columbus City League a weak league either. If memory serves me right, wasn't Brookhaven D1 State Champs in the 2005 season? Has Sheridan won a State Championship in Football yet? I don't know? Likewise, I want to thank you for your comment that you made concerning our CAVS. The kids on the CAV Team read this post from time to time too. :-D

What was it you said, Let me quote you, "Do not think the Cavs from Chillicothe will intiminate them much? As far as a match up, on paper, player to player, they destroy you. I am very aware of your returners and theirs. You better fill your gas tank up and travel east to watch some football before you start comparing Chillicothe to Sheridan." unquote :-D

Finally, I could care less what you think about my attitude towards the size of the school, annotating D1 or D2, that's so little anyway to even bring the topic up. But whatever. Good luck to your Generals this 2008 season. See you all in week three at Chillicothe.

Thanks! :-D

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Lets clear up a couple things here. First, I am a Logan Fan. I am also a Coach, and a huge High School football fan and supporter. I can put Homerism aside in making my predictions for THIS season. I will not bother throwing meaningless stats from the past. Chilli has done nothing lately to impress anyone in football. You might want to try and win a SEOAL Title before you start trying to compare yourselfs to programs like Sheridan or Logan. Do I respect Sheridan, you bet your butt. They have earned it, they do more than talk. I wish I could see this game but I will be attending ours. I still say it will not be close, and Chili will not get by Logan either. My thoughts are shared by many and no they are not Sheridan fans either. And yes, when discussing the talent on both teams, head to head, Sheridan the favorite hands down. Again, hope you can pull it out, would be great for the SEOAL, just like many, can not see it happening. And the Columbus City League is PATHETIC. I have watched Sheridan and Licking Vallley, run up and down the field, and use all their players in thumping city league schools, ONE GOOD BROOKHAVEN TEAM to record. Beat someone Army and you will get respect.

Army
S

Post by Army »

DRIFTER wrote:Lets clear up a couple things here. First, I am a Logan Fan. I am also a Coach, and a huge High School football fan and supporter. I can put Homerism aside in making my predictions for THIS season. I will not bother throwing meaningless stats from the past. Chilli has done nothing lately to impress anyone in football. You might want to try and win a SEOAL Title before you start trying to compare yourselfs to programs like Sheridan or Logan. Do I respect Sheridan, you bet your butt. They have earned it, they do more than talk. I wish I could see this game but I will be attending ours. I still say it will not be close, and Chili will not get by Logan either. My thoughts are shared by many and no they are not Sheridan fans either. And yes, when discussing the talent on both teams, head to head, Sheridan the favorite hands down. Again, hope you can pull it out, would be great for the SEOAL, just like many, can not see it happening. And the Columbus City League is PATHETIC. I have watched Sheridan and Licking Vallley, run up and down the field, and use all their players in thumping city league schools, ONE GOOD BROOKHAVEN TEAM to record. Beat someone Army and you will get respect.

Drifter,

No disrespect, but I think you are caught up on the Logan Chieftian moment. Chillicothe might have not won the SEOAL in Football yet, but we have only been in the league 2 years. :-D

Although no title yet, we are 1-1 against Logan since joining the SEOAL. :-D

I guess we must of not beat someone in that game against your Chieftians huh?

We also own the record against your Chieftians since playing Logan. :-D

Remember we used to be in the OCC. And have defeated some great teams. Logan can brag that they have defeated an OCC team from time to time, but not a full OCC schedule year in and year out.

As for Sheridan, we will have to wait and see what our kids have to say about your predictions on the Chillicothe Hernstein Football Field in week three.

Oh, by the way, I wasn't the one who brought up how many tuff teams one has played such as the Sheridan Generals have, in playing the likes of, Dover, Stuebenvlle, etc, first. You were. I just commented on the remarks that Chillicothe has played some of those same schools too. But this is 2008 not yesterday.

In closing, I still think you are naive about the CCL. Brookhaven has a State Title as a D1 State Champion. Does Logan or Sheridan own a State Title in football yet? :-D

Good Luck :!:

Should be a great game week 10 at the Hernstein.

GO CAVS :!: :-D

GO SEOAL :!: :-D

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Please note that the matchup of Sheridan & GHS in 2006 was an easy pick. I picked GHS to win and for these reasons -- Sheridan had lost a huge class to graduation and was young. I predicted they would only finish as the 4th place team, which many of the Blue folks didn't understand. The away game at GHS went as expected. Sheridan actually DID finish as the 4th or 5th team in the MVL that year.

However, in a year when they are a favorite of the MVL, as this year, never pick against them vs. a non-Champ favorite in the SEOAL. Until the braggards can make good on their bluster, the rest of us will enjoy a good laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Good post Paladin. I think everyone knew the huge loss of players for Sheridan that year would be tough. The group they have this year is proboly the best they have had in many years. There will be alot of rebuilding for them to do the following year loosing, I was told 30 Seniors, and I beleive 20 starters from this years team. And untill Chilli can beat someone on that level, show the respect they deserve. I heard someone saying that they were changing our Friday night scrimmage at Sheridan to Saturday morning. Have you heard that Paladin?

Army
S

Post by Army »

DRIFTER wrote:Good post Paladin. I think everyone knew the huge loss of players for Sheridan that year would be tough. The group they have this year is proboly the best they have had in many years. There will be alot of rebuilding for them to do the following year loosing, I was told 30 Seniors, and I beleive 20 starters from this years team. And untill Chilli can beat someone on that level, show the respect they deserve. I heard someone saying that they were changing our Friday night scrimmage at Sheridan to Saturday morning. Have you heard that Paladin?

Drifter,

Loosing :?:

Or losing :?: :-D

I sure hope you are not teaching along with those coaching duties you have at Logan :?: :-D

What was it you said above?

quote "And untill Chilli can beat someone on that level, show the respect they deserve." :roll: unquote

By the way, until is spelled this way. :roll: :roll: :-D :lol:

It will also be up to our kids this season what kind of performance we have. Nothing you say or predict on here. We have seen all the hot air on here before by your counterpart Paladin. We see how his predictions have fared out through the years. Especially the one he made concerning Tri-Valley.

Drifter, so go ahead and keep talking trash about our kids team the Chillicothe Cavaliers. You were already proven on here to be missing some sight, by selective memory not remembering how our fellow SEOAL Team, the Gallipolis (Gallia Academy) Blue Devils thumped your Sheridan Generals at Sheridan two years ago. :-D

A team who I might add, we have not lost to since arriving in the SEOAL. That's the same year we defeated 2005 State D1 Champion, Brookhaven in Columbus. We also defeated;

Logan, :-D.......... Gallipolis (Gallia Academy), Ironton, Portsmouth, The Plains Athens and Zanesville. But that was yesterday. This is the 2008 season. We will have to see what our kids do.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Drifter

Have not heard anything

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Thanks Paladin. Finished with this pissing match Army. You act just like someone who is from a middle tier football program. Once you win something in football, and can beat programs in the top, maybe you will learn to act like a winner. Until then you can keep your spelling bee crown, and continue to post facts from the past. Order plenty of ice for the 3rd and last weeks of the season, you are in for a big surprise. And no Army, no one is bashing your kids, you have great kids and I wish them the best, and a healthy season. This all started when you decided to bash and give no respect to one of the best football programs in the State of Ohio the past 15-20 years, and when you decided to disrespect a league that our kids have played in for many years. A league that may not be the best, but one we are proud of and one Chillicothe can not win.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

drifter is a coach??? after reading his posts, i am quite sure his coaching journey is just that...

so what has logan done that is sooo great??
have they done more than brookhaven??
since 2000, would you rather be playing brookhaven or logan in round one of the playoffs???
i think the majority of the state of ohio would much rather see logan in round 1!
logan is a fine school and i respect them but to come on here and say that they are all that... umm..NO.. not even close....

Army
S

Post by Army »

wrestlefan,

I would have to agree with you on that one. :-D

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

So, will Chilli EVER win the SEOAL in FB ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay tuned, folks. It appears the Cavs have bit off more than they can chew !! 8)

Army
S

Post by Army »

Paladin wrote:So, will Chilli EVER win the SEOAL in FB ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay tuned, folks. It appears the Cavs have bit off more than they can chew !! 8)

Hey Paladin,

Our Chillicothe Cavaliers are preparing to start their third year in the SEOAL. How long was it, before your beloved Logan Chieftians won a football title in the SEOAL :?: :lol:

And, it was a co-championship at that, with the Middleport (Yellow Jackets) in 1934. Hmmm....let's see, your Logan Chieftians were SEOAL Charter members in 1925, right :?: :-D

Then in my calculations, that's (9 long years) it took for your beloved Logan Chieftians to win their first SEOAL Title in Football. :-D :lol:

Anything else you would like to add to this topic :?: :-D :122246

Heck, even my alma mater, The Wellston (Golden Rockets) won a football title when they were in the SEOAL before your beloved Logan Chieftians did. :-D :lol:

And, I might add, the championship the Wellston (Golden Rockets) won, was an outright title, not a co-championship like your Logan Chieftians first one in the SEOAL, in 1934, with Middleport. :-D

SEOAL Champions By Year

1925 - Athens
1926 - Portsmouth
1927 - Jackson
1928 - Wellston :-D
1929 - Jackson, Ironton, Middleport
1930 - Middleport
1931 - Gallipolis (Gallia Academy)
1932 - Gallipolis (Gallia Academy), Jackson
1933 - Middleport
1934 - Middleport, Logan :roll: :lol:

Any other negative comments you would like to spew out against our beloved Chillicothe Cavaliers, the school our kids attend, support and play for :?: :-D

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Well , how many titles did they win in the OCC before they ran, tail between their legs, to the SEOAL ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Logan has won more SEOAL titles than ANYONE !! 8)

You "brutes" from the OCC are just "all that " !! :122246

Army
S

Post by Army »

All those negative waves :!: :roll:

Can't answer for your 9 year void huh :?: :lol:

As usual, the same old hot air :!: :lol:

Return to “Football”