An Early Look at the SEOAL: The 2008 Chillicothe Cavaliers

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: An Early Look at the SEOAL: The 2008 Chillicothe Cavaliers

Post by loganlocos »

pinapplrdhwk wrote:I think pauldin is still upset because our Backups destroyed the starters of Logan in basketball. So he has to nag on the football team.

pinappl -

I enjoyed watching the Cavs win a state title two months ago.

But that's about all I've been concerned with as far as basketball goes. Talk about the roundball all you want, I don't care if the Cavs won 10000000000 to 0. No skin off my back.

Considering Paladin lives in Ytown, I doubt he cares much about one basketball game anyway.

Army
S

Post by Army »

LoganLocos wrote:
pinapplrdhwk wrote:I think pauldin is still upset because our Backups destroyed the starters of Logan in basketball. So he has to nag on the football team.

pinappl -

I enjoyed watching the Cavs win a state title two months ago.

But that's about all I've been concerned with as far as basketball goes. Talk about the roundball all you want, I don't care if the Cavs won 10000000000 to 0. No skin off my back.

Considering Paladin lives in Ytown, I doubt he cares much about one basketball game anyway.

pinapplrdhwk,

Who's on here causing trouble now?

SEOP (Trouble Makers) starting so far THIS YEAR from Logan on our CAV Site:

Paladin :roll:
Loganlocos :roll:
Drifter :roll:

Hmmm mysteriously 2old is silent. Maybe there was an Epiphany :?:

I sure hope so, or I will have to tell Rick on him. :-D

By the way Loganlocos, Chillicothe D2 State Champs in Basketball. :-D

Does Logan have a State Title in Roundball yet?

Back to Football...Can't wait week 10 :!: :-D

Good Luck Chieftians :-D

GO CAVS :!:

GO SEOAL :!:

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

You know, I have not missed a Logan game in many years, this year may the first. I think I will will miss week three to go down and watch Sheridan physically beat up on Chilli. I am so sure that Sheridan will run all over Chilli, that I will wear a tee shirt, purple of course with Drifter on the front. How sure are you Army? I would normally pull for the SEOAL, some have made it a fun night. The only way Chilli beats Sheridan or Logan is if the bus gets lost!

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

drifter is not a logan coach!
let the kids play the game and see what happens

Army
S

Post by Army »

DRIFTER wrote:You know, I have not missed a Logan game in many years, this year may the first. I think I will will miss week three to go down and watch Sheridan physically beat up on Chilli. I am so sure that Sheridan will run all over Chilli, that I will wear a tee shirt, purple of course with Drifter on the front. How sure are you Army? I would normally pull for the SEOAL, some have made it a fun night. The only way Chilli beats Sheridan or Logan is if the bus gets lost!

WHOOOOOOO....You have us all in Chillicothe shaking in our shoes Drifter. :roll:

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Wow!! As an outsider and a Blue Devil fan i really have no stake in this conversation or arguement but I will chime in just a little. A few years back the Devils played Sheridan in the playoffs and had a very exciting game that went to OT and eventually the Generals beat my Devils. TOs cost the Blue the game that night, one was a dropped handoff that was picked up and returned for a TD, Sheridan also had a punt return for a TD late in that ballgame to help aid the win. That was the year that Sheridan had 2 Culver's playing for them and they then went on to beat the number one seed from Cinci. Since then we have played them twice and split the series and the Generals have grown and matured and from what i have seen they have a really good team back this year. The Crader kid is a tremendous player. With that said I think that Chilli can pull out a win if they are "composed" which goes back to coaching. Chilli may not be as physical on paper but should not be counted out in the game. Nonetheless I am supporting the SEOAL and will be behind them 100% in this one, GO CAVS. Army, I think the Logan faithful are still upset about you guys beating them in a "non-league" game when you first joined the league and they won the title that year but you guys still had the head to head advantage. Hard to dispute who was the better team that year. Not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers just simply showing some support for Chilli against Sheridan and to help shed light on not getting caught up in the "best Sheridan team in years thing", you guys will play better teams this year regardless of the quality of the Generals. And no i don't think the Sheridan teams i have seen could be competitive for a league title in our league, especially year in and year out. mvl-seaol, no comparison top to bottom.

Go SEOAL!!!

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Come on man, I love our SEOAL, and support our teams but are you nuts? Sheridan would be in the top two almost every year. They also kicked your Blue Devils butts two out of three years when you were suppose to have the best team and skill players you have ever had? Now that was from your Devil fans. The only year you could beat Sheridan was the year they returned only one starter and lost I beleive 26 seniors. Sheridan, Tri Valley, John Glenn, New Lexington, year in and year out would be in the top of the SEOAL. The bottom tier teams in the MVL are weak but those are as good, if not better than any of our top teams. Sheridan would finish one or two almost every year. And as far as This years Sheridan team, and I thought that was what we were talking about, they are loaded, Crader not their best by far. Their skill players are some of the best you will see anywhere. Lotozo, Crader, all District backs. Denny, all district receiver, Spillman All District T.E. I can not find the linemans names I had but they are HUGE and return the entire group from last year. Both leagues are very close top to bottom. I think Chlli will be a good solid team for years to come in the SEOAL. Just do not see them beating Logan this year. And their non league schedule is BRUTAL.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Now CHIP. Be careful !!

Sheridan would be at the top challenging most years. The only year you beat them was one of their few down years ( I picked them to finish 4th in the MVL and they did badly that year). Otherwise, Sheridan annually beats most teams in the SEOAL, including the Cavs ( who tend to be over-rated by some). :lol:

And I don't want to upset you, but your Blue are in for another long year ! 8)

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

All i said was the teams i have seen from Sheridan have not been that dominant by any means and i know they had a large amount of success the year we went to ot with them after giving them a td and playing dead in the first half with half our lineup as sophomores, still not a butt kicking. I agree they were way down the next year and we beat them handily at their place. Last year was last year and with the difference of one individual the game would have been much much different. We had no "o' but more importantly lost our most consistant defensive player all in one. Believe me i know a butt kicking, kinda like Logan did last year to the Blue and we were a better team at that point in the season than the one that Sheridan beat. I do agree that they are loaded, heck the year we beat them they had mostly sophs in the lineup and they are now seniors, i also know they are a physical and well coached team which IMHO will make the difference against Chilli. No disrespect intended toward Chilli but they lack discipline at times and that hurts them and causes inconsistant play and penalties. Still i don't think Chilli can be discounted b/c by that point in the season they will have been tested and maybe very hungry and dangerous. If the leagues are that comparable and Sheridan is the fav, along with the fact that no one gives Chilli a chance to win the SEOAL then this game should be over by halftime right?? I wouldn't be on that.

P, i am aware of the strength of our league this year and the youth of our team so to think the Blue are going to run the table would be ludicrous but don't be surprised if they compete in every game and come out victorious in several as well. Nonetheless I wish every team's athletes a healthy season b/c last year was very hard for the Blue, injuries can change a team's outlook in an instant and last all season long.

Army
S

Post by Army »

JChipwood wrote:Wow!! As an outsider and a Blue Devil fan i really have no stake in this conversation or arguement but I will chime in just a little. A few years back the Devils played Sheridan in the playoffs and had a very exciting game that went to OT and eventually the Generals beat my Devils. TOs cost the Blue the game that night, one was a dropped handoff that was picked up and returned for a TD, Sheridan also had a punt return for a TD late in that ballgame to help aid the win. That was the year that Sheridan had 2 Culver's playing for them and they then went on to beat the number one seed from Cinci. Since then we have played them twice and split the series and the Generals have grown and matured and from what i have seen they have a really good team back this year. The Crader kid is a tremendous player. With that said I think that Chilli can pull out a win if they are "composed" which goes back to coaching. Chilli may not be as physical on paper but should not be counted out in the game. Nonetheless I am supporting the SEOAL and will be behind them 100% in this one, GO CAVS. Army, I think the Logan faithful are still upset about you guys beating them in a "non-league" game when you first joined the league and they won the title that year but you guys still had the head to head advantage. Hard to dispute who was the better team that year. Not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers just simply showing some support for Chilli against Sheridan and to help shed light on not getting caught up in the "best Sheridan team in years thing", you guys will play better teams this year regardless of the quality of the Generals. And no i don't think the Sheridan teams i have seen could be competitive for a league title in our league, especially year in and year out. mvl-seaol, no comparison top to bottom.

Go SEOAL!!!

Chipwood,

I totally agree. :-D

We always play better at home for one reason or another. Maybe it's our field? Who knows? :-D

I have noticed it rises a little higher in the middle at the Hernstein than most football fields? But you have to admit, our CAVS has pulled out some big wins at the Hernstein when usually all the pundits are counting us out. In our first season in the SEOAL at the Hernstein, we defeated Logan and Ironton.

Chillicothe 31 Logan 21 :-D

Chillicothe 47 Ironton 14 :-D

Almost everybody on here was telling us that the CAVS had no chance against those two teams with the talent they had that season. Right? Well, it seemed our kids and coaches had a different persective on that one huh :?: :-D

This is a new season and our kids are excited. I can't wait :!:

Anyway, it's the kids that will make the difference what the final score will be, not those arm chair QB's on here. :-D

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

CHIP

I expect Chilli to be a top half SEOAL team, just not win the Champ. So Sheridan game should be competitive. The Cavs , however, are in for an eye opener.

The Logan -Sheridan scrimmage should be a precusor of whats coming.

pinapplrdhwk
Freshman Team

Post by pinapplrdhwk »

When was the last time Logan won at Hernstien field?
Can't wait to watch Logan on the basketball court home or away is like probably the funniest thing I've ever seen.

pinapplrdhwk
Freshman Team

Post by pinapplrdhwk »

Think about it every home game Logan has played at chilli, chillicothe has had to turn the ball over to even let logan in the ball game. Chillicothe should've won 31-0 back in 06' but turnovers let Logan even be in the picture

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

pinapplrdhwk wrote:Think about it every home game Logan has played at chilli, chillicothe has had to turn the ball over to even let logan in the ball game. Chillicothe should've won 31-0 back in 06' but turnovers let Logan even be in the picture

I assume you mean 2005 since the 2006 game was at Chillicothe?

Let me set the record straight:

2005 @ Bill Sauer Field:

Logan Turnovers: 3 fumbles, 1 INT
Chillicothe Turnovers: 2 fumbles, 1 INT

Logan commits 4 turnovers plus a bad punt snap that gave Chilli two points and the return from the free kick set up Chilli's second score.

Other Stats:

First Downs: Logan 18, Chilli 7
Plays: Logan 72, Chilli 36
Rushing Yards: Logan 268, Chilli 127
Passing Yards: Logan 26, Chilli 9
Total Yards: 294, Chilli 136
Punts: Logan 1, Chilli 3

Plus, Logan had two running back go over 100 yards.

Logan completed dominated the Cavs who tried to play Chris Givens out of position (at quarterback). He rushed for only 32 yards and complete one of nine passes for 9 yards.

Exactly WHERE did Chillicothe out play Logan? Because every statistical category seems to point out that Chillicothe was lucky to be as close as they were.

In the end, Logan scored more points, gained more yards, punted less, made more mistakes, and turned the ball over MORE than Chillicothe.

What exactly was your argument again?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

pinapplrdhwk wrote:When was the last time Logan won at Hernstien field?
Can't wait to watch Logan on the basketball court home or away is like probably the funniest thing I've ever seen.

1991. Logan 13 AT Chillicothe 0
What about Chillicothe at Bill Sauer Field?

Is this the football forum or the basketball forum?

You don't see me talking about softball or girls basketball do you?

pinapplrdhwk
Freshman Team

Post by pinapplrdhwk »

maybe because this is a boys sport i dunno just throwing it out there. I mean has logan EVER won a state title?
go start digging...

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a "tool" !!

Any predictions on this years game ?? 8)

pinapplrdhwk
Freshman Team

Post by pinapplrdhwk »

Chillicothe by 17 this year. With all their returning and at home game over.

I hope chillicothe runs a version of WVU's offense with caleb and the talent they have

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

pinapplrdhwk wrote:maybe because this is a boys sport i dunno just throwing it out there. I mean has logan EVER won a state title?
go start digging...

They have 4 individual state champions, no digging necessary.

Go back to walking away with your tail between your legs. I'm pretty sure you made the same predictions last year.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

He did !! :lol: :lol: :lol: "Crow" tastes bad !! 8)

Logan over Chilli this year ....................again. :-D

Return to “Football”