An Update On The Construction Of The NEW Gallia Academy HS

seohhoops
Freshman Team

Re: An Update On The Construction Of The NEW Gallia Academy HS

Post by seohhoops »

Prevailing wages are not required to build schools. The companies building the schools are doing great work so far. I definitely work more than an eight hour day and I have a union! HAHAHA. Teachers do what is needed to get the job done. I was raised in a coal mine family so I KNOW what unions are supposed to be, some of them are not what they NEED to be.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

big money talks little money walks :mrgreen:

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Where is that new school, exactly? I was down there for a soccer match last fall next to that one elementary, and it looks like it might be in the same area.

Also looks like there is a golf course right next door? Maybe I'm just seeing things.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

OK, I thought that scenery was somewhat familiar! Also, I'll likely be down for football in Week 9, especially to do the microphone thing for halftime.

I hear you on the red-tape stuff. Our building program here was to be done in two phases. We built two new middle schools and one elementary first. Then we were to build our new high school and three more elementaries (since amended to two elementaries). Well, the initial projection for the new high school was that it would be open for use in January of THIS year. As it is, we will likely only be breaking ground on it later this summer. Bureaucracy knows no bounds ... but I've seen the designs and heard what the tweaks will be, and I think it will be well worth the wait. It will sit on the hill above Sulsberger Stadium.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

As a person who has, and does, have to deal with the State in various ways, one thing is certain -- you go on THEIR time, not your own expectations. :twisted:

Return to “Football”