Logan Football League Talk

warrior90
Varsity

Re: Logan applies to the Licking County League

Post by warrior90 »

NY BUCKS wrote:I understand the playoff points Warren didn't get
I just don't see how it helped them to leave.i think
Warren since leaving the tvc has 4-5 winning seasons since 85...

Nobody disagrees here but the crystal ball in 1985 - 86 did not tell them the playoff system was going to change and Warren would have only 5 or 6 winning seasons in 30 years. Also the TVC was adding smaller schools miller and wellston and the SEOAL had teams more our size.

Hindsight says we should not have changed and I am sure we did not do it gracefully as well so that might be some of the hard feelings.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

NY BUCKS wrote:I understand the playoff points Warren didn't get
I just don't see how it helped them to leave.i think
Warren since leaving the tvc has 4-5 winning seasons since 85...
Well in hindsight, it didn't necessarily. But with the landscape at the time, it was a calculated move. There's something to be said for trying to raise your level of competition, it just didn't work out.

After Hill, the next coach tanked, but then Mike Devol had them on a decent track. They finished 4-6 his last season but had 6 straight winning seasons before that (started 7-3, 8-2, 9-1), but they missed the playoff expansion by just a few years (finished 8th in 95-96). I'm not sure that it would have made a difference to be in the TVC in any of those years (would have to do some research and what-ifs). Devol left for Parkersburg South where he turned a terrible program into WV State Champs and then went back to Caldwell and took them to the expanded playoffs three times. Meanwhile, Warren has gone thru 7 coaches in 15 years with 1 winning season.

It seems like Warren gets a solid stretch of talent for a few years about once every decade, but the stars have never aligned with the right combination of coach-schedule-expanded playoffs to match it.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Hey lets get back to the topic at hand! I predicted that Logan will be a member of the MSL by 2018!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

LHS 72 wrote:Hey lets get back to the topic at hand! I predicted that Logan will be a member of the MSL by 2018!
I was talking to someone the other night and Ientioned I thought it would be 3 or 4 years before they find a league.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
LHS 72 wrote:Hey lets get back to the topic at hand! I predicted that Logan will be a member of the MSL by 2018!
I was talking to someone the other night and Ientioned I thought it would be 3 or 4 years before they find a league.
That could be true BUT with all the turmoil with all the leagues around central and southern Ohio anything could happen!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Orange and Brown wrote: I was talking to someone the other night and Ientioned I thought it would be 3 or 4 years before they find a league.
Logan might never find a league.

They might find one next week.

They might find one in 3 or 4 years.

All of these are equally accurate statements.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

loganlocos wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote: I was talking to someone the other night and Ientioned I thought it would be 3 or 4 years before they find a league.

:) :D :P

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:
loganlocos wrote:

:) :D :P
Many opinion's on the table!

Texas 2
Freshman Team

Post by Texas 2 »

Jackson will be in a league 2017.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Yes the new league will start 2017-2018

I predict Logan will be in a league in 2-3 years .

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I predict Logan will play football for the foreseeable future! League or no. Deal with it SEO! Some league somewhere is missing a huge opportunity.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

dazed&confused wrote:I predict Logan will play football for the foreseeable future! League or no. Deal with it SEO! Some league somewhere is missing a huge opportunity.
OH BOY!, That what my crystal ball tells me also! Even if we have to play the sisters of the poor!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

LHS 72 wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:I predict Logan will play football for the foreseeable future! League or no. Deal with it SEO! Some league somewhere is missing a huge opportunity.
OH BOY!, That what my crystal ball tells me also! Even if we have to play the sisters of the poor!
Dont talk about Athens like that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
LHS 72 wrote:
Dont talk about Athens like that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh Yea, But Athens cut and ran from a solid league!

The Exile
Riding the Bench

Post by The Exile »

Thought I would post here since Logan to the MSL has been discussed in this thread.

I have heard from a source I know at a MSL school that the following changes are occurring to the league:

MSL-Buckeye: No change other than Liberty Union will begin (I think in 2017) playing Football only in the MSL-Ohio division
MSL-Ohio: As already announced, Madison-Plains and West Jefferson are leaving the league. Along with LU coming over for football only, Bishop Ready will also join for football only.
MSL-Cardinal: As already announced, Bishop Rosecrans and Wellington (no football) will both be joining in the next few years. Worthington Christian (a member of the MSL-Ohio in everything but football) will continue playing football in the Cardinal for the near future.

So, if what my source says is accurate, the league will look like this (football only) by 2017 (I think) [changes in BOLD]:
MSL-Buckeye: Amanda-Clearcreek, Bloom-Carroll, Circleville, Fairfield Union, Hamilton Twp., Logan Elm, Teays Valley (7 teams)
MSL-Ohio: Bexley, Bishop Ready, Columbus Academy, Grandview Heights, Liberty Union, London, Whitehall-Yearling (7 teams)
MSL-Cardinal: Berne Union, Bishop Rosecrans, Fairfield Christian, Fisher Catholic, Grove City Christian, Harvest Prep, Millersport, Worthington Christian (8 teams)

I have read some rumors, but nothing certain about a few other changes. London seems to be the odd school out with the other Madison County schools leaving, and may be looking at other options in west-central Ohio.
A few schools were either offered or interested in joining (I don't know the details). One was Buckeye Valley (near Delaware), who I think turned down admission. There may have been one or two others.

Not sure what this might mean for Logan and the league (I assume the Buckeye won't want to keep an odd number in football for long), so maybe in football at least there might be space for Logan. Nothing from my source on this though.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I am assuming instead of adding Logan for football, they are going to do crossovers between the Ohio & Buckeye **with the exception of Bishop Ready**.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

This is *supposedly* the last season Rosecrans will field a football team

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

When?

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Maybe a new league and Coaches will awake a sleeping giant!

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

The Exile wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:41 am Thought I would post here since Logan to the MSL has been discussed in this thread.

I have heard from a source I know at a MSL school that the following changes are occurring to the league:

MSL-Buckeye: No change other than Liberty Union will begin (I think in 2017) playing Football only in the MSL-Ohio division
MSL-Ohio: As already announced, Madison-Plains and West Jefferson are leaving the league. Along with LU coming over for football only, Bishop Ready will also join for football only.
MSL-Cardinal: As already announced, Bishop Rosecrans and Wellington (no football) will both be joining in the next few years. Worthington Christian (a member of the MSL-Ohio in everything but football) will continue playing football in the Cardinal for the near future.

So, if what my source says is accurate, the league will look like this (football only) by 2017 (I think) [changes in BOLD]:
MSL-Buckeye: Amanda-Clearcreek, Bloom-Carroll, Circleville, Fairfield Union, Hamilton Twp., Logan Elm, Teays Valley (7 teams)
MSL-Ohio: Bexley, Bishop Ready, Columbus Academy, Grandview Heights, Liberty Union, London, Whitehall-Yearling (7 teams)
MSL-Cardinal: Berne Union, Bishop Rosecrans, Fairfield Christian, Fisher Catholic, Grove City Christian, Harvest Prep, Millersport, Worthington Christian (8 teams)

I have read some rumors, but nothing certain about a few other changes. London seems to be the odd school out with the other Madison County schools leaving, and may be looking at other options in west-central Ohio.
A few schools were either offered or interested in joining (I don't know the details). One was Buckeye Valley (near Delaware), who I think turned down admission. There may have been one or two others.

Not sure what this might mean for Logan and the league (I assume the Buckeye won't want to keep an odd number in football for long), so maybe in football at least there might be space for Logan. Nothing from my source on this though.
London will be leaving the MSL soon they will join the CBC. Teams like Graham Bellefontaine , Urbana tecumseh . it has 2 divisions

Return to “Football”