Logan Football League Talk

bsee12345
Varsity

Re: Logan applies to the Licking County League

Post by bsee12345 »

wch125 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:00 pm
The Exile wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:41 am Thought I would post here since Logan to the MSL has been discussed in this thread.

I have heard from a source I know at a MSL school that the following changes are occurring to the league:

MSL-Buckeye: No change other than Liberty Union will begin (I think in 2017) playing Football only in the MSL-Ohio division
MSL-Ohio: As already announced, Madison-Plains and West Jefferson are leaving the league. Along with LU coming over for football only, Bishop Ready will also join for football only.
MSL-Cardinal: As already announced, Bishop Rosecrans and Wellington (no football) will both be joining in the next few years. Worthington Christian (a member of the MSL-Ohio in everything but football) will continue playing football in the Cardinal for the near future.

So, if what my source says is accurate, the league will look like this (football only) by 2017 (I think) [changes in BOLD]:
MSL-Buckeye: Amanda-Clearcreek, Bloom-Carroll, Circleville, Fairfield Union, Hamilton Twp., Logan Elm, Teays Valley (7 teams)
MSL-Ohio: Bexley, Bishop Ready, Columbus Academy, Grandview Heights, Liberty Union, London, Whitehall-Yearling (7 teams)
MSL-Cardinal: Berne Union, Bishop Rosecrans, Fairfield Christian, Fisher Catholic, Grove City Christian, Harvest Prep, Millersport, Worthington Christian (8 teams)

I have read some rumors, but nothing certain about a few other changes. London seems to be the odd school out with the other Madison County schools leaving, and may be looking at other options in west-central Ohio.
A few schools were either offered or interested in joining (I don't know the details). One was Buckeye Valley (near Delaware), who I think turned down admission. There may have been one or two others.

Not sure what this might mean for Logan and the league (I assume the Buckeye won't want to keep an odd number in football for long), so maybe in football at least there might be space for Logan. Nothing from my source on this though.
London will be leaving the MSL soon they will join the CBC. Teams like Graham Bellefontaine , Urbana tecumseh . it has 2 divisions
London has left the Mid State in all sports except football. This is the last year London will be in the MSL in football.
In 2019 the Divisions will be the following
MSL Buckeye- no change with 7 teams- there will no crossover game with the Ohio Division so MSL Buckeye teams will have extra Non League Game.

MSL Ohio- Bexley, Columbus Academy, Grandview Hts, Whitehall. Harvest Prep will play in the Ohio Division for Football only. Buckeye Valley will join league and play in Ohio Division. Liberty Union will continue to play in Ohio Division for Football only. Columbus Ready will continue as associate member. 7 teams plus Columbus Ready.

MSL Cardinal- Berne Union, Zanesville Rosecrans, Grove City Christian, Fairfield Christian, Worthington Christian, Lancaster Fisher. Millersport will be on schedule so decision about football for Millersport will be decided in August. With Millersport 7 teams in Division.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Not being mean but with as bad as the LCL has become, this could be a good move for Logan.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Is this an old post that someone posted in recently or is the post title changed to reflect something that has actually occurred now? I have read back through the posts and it looks like it was revived by someone typing “When?”.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Sounds like someone didn't notice the date of the last post back in 2016. I don't see where a mod changed anything on the topic. It was just brought forward.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Attention to detail....

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Hey MOD Lock It Up!

SEOHnewbie
Waterboy

Why is Logan not in a League?

Post by SEOHnewbie »

I am new to SEO (hence my name). Why is Logan not in a league for football? I have no idea of the history at all so if you could explain, I would like to learn. They seem like a big school with great facilities and tradition, so it makes no sense. Why dont they join the OCC or MSL?

hsfbfan
Varsity

Re: Why is Logan not in a League?

Post by hsfbfan »

OCC and MSL doesn’t want Logan because of its location. And the other leagues in the area don’t want them because of their size.
Last edited by hsfbfan on Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SEOHnewbie
Waterboy

Post by SEOHnewbie »

What happen to the league they were in?

Proud_Falcon95
Freshman Team

Post by Proud_Falcon95 »

If people would get over the fact that Logan isn't the same old Logan they could've been in the TVC Ohio. If the size still scares leagues from accepting them split them into two high schools just like the East Dillon Lions and the Dillon Panthers lol.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

SEOHnewbie wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:18 pm What happen to the league they were in?
Logan was a charter member of the SEOAL which folded in the spring of 2017.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Proud_Falcon95 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:30 pm If people would get over the fact that Logan isn't the same old Logan they could've been in the TVC Ohio. If the size still scares leagues from accepting them split them into two high schools just like the East Dillon Lions and the Dillon Panthers lol.
Boy that just sounds easy and like a waste of taxpayer money. Lol. Consolidation is the future of schools in this area, not dividing.

SEOHnewbie
Waterboy

Post by SEOHnewbie »

What is confusing to me is how Logan is a D2. Chillicothe has a population of 21k people and are D2. Zanesville has 25k and are D3. Jackson has a population of 6k and they are D3. Logans population is 7k and they are D2, same as Canal Winchester, Westerville South, Worthington Kilbourne and Massilon Washington. How can there be that many more boys in Logan HS than in Zanesville, Jackson, Athens, etc? Has there been unprecedented growth in Logan schools over the years?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

SEOHnewbie wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:11 pm What is confusing to me is how Logan is a D2. Chillicothe has a population of 21k people and are D2. Zanesville has 25k and are D3. Jackson has a population of 6k and they are D3. Logans population is 7k and they are D2, same as Canal Winchester, Westerville South, Worthington Kilbourne and Massilon Washington. How can there be that many more boys in Logan HS than in Zanesville, Jackson, Athens, etc? Has there been unprecedented growth in Logan schools over the years?
Logan is only school in their county. Chillicothe has way more people but Unioto is a D4 football and D2 everything else.

SEOHnewbie
Waterboy

Post by SEOHnewbie »

That makes sense! Thanks for the explanation!

Is Logan having trouble getting boys out for football?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

SEOHnewbie wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:32 pm That makes sense! Thanks for the explanation!

Not sure. Program has been down for about 5 years after being strong fo a long time.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

SEOHnewbie wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:32 pm That makes sense! Thanks for the explanation!

The past 8 years or so have been challenging for the program and numbers have dropped. Talent is in the school, but doesn’t make it to tryouts.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

SEOHnewbie wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:11 pm What is confusing to me is how Logan is a D2. Chillicothe has a population of 21k people and are D2. Zanesville has 25k and are D3. Jackson has a population of 6k and they are D3. Logans population is 7k and they are D2, same as Canal Winchester, Westerville South, Worthington Kilbourne and Massilon Washington. How can there be that many more boys in Logan HS than in Zanesville, Jackson, Athens, etc? Has there been unprecedented growth in Logan schools over the years?
Keep in mind school districts are not just cities Jackson covers nearly half Jackson county that’s how we pack the stadium our district is huge and rich.

Proud_Falcon95
Freshman Team

Post by Proud_Falcon95 »

Chief02 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:43 pm
Proud_Falcon95 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:30 pm If people would get over the fact that Logan isn't the same old Logan they could've been in the TVC Ohio. If the size still scares leagues from accepting them split them into two high schools just like the East Dillon Lions and the Dillon Panthers lol.
Boy that just sounds easy and like a waste of taxpayer money. Lol. Consolidation is the future of schools in this area, not dividing.
Ok, so what school do you propose Logan consolidate with?

SEOHnewbie
Waterboy

Post by SEOHnewbie »

Would Berne Union make sense?

Return to “Football”