Best Running Backs in SEOPS Coverage Area in History

BBallin fool
SEOP
Posts: 3749
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:06 pm

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by BBallin fool » Sun May 11, 2008 7:19 pm

Ty Simmons from GA!!!



Tartanblue
SE
Posts: 2298
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:00 pm

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by Tartanblue » Sun May 11, 2008 7:57 pm

If not for getting hurt a his freshman and sophmore year...I think you can add Ricky Henderson from East on the list for the Tartans and even the combo of Bradford and Hoover this year for the Tartans. Hoover had over 1,000 yards and Bradford would have had over 1,000 if not for tearing his ACL against SG.

broncofan09
Varsity
Posts: 691
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:52 pm

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by broncofan09 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:42 am

What about Derek Arnold from Nelsonville york. Hes fast and can break tackles.

buckeye83
Riding the Bench
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by buckeye83 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:34 pm

Jo Jo Parker was the best overall back ive ever seen in southern Ohio football wether your talking past 5 years or past 25 years

blaze275
Freshman Team
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:59 pm

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by blaze275 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:29 pm

bobby jones gahs

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS
Posts: 5987
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:29 pm
Location: Ontario, OH

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by ohbuckeye2 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:57 pm

broncofan09 wrote:What about Derek Arnold from Nelsonville york. Hes fast and can break tackles.


I like Arnold, his vision while running the ball is incredible.

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:45 pm

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by trojanofthepast » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:00 pm

There have been several good backs in SEO over the last 5 yrs. There has not been a great back over the last 5 yrs. A Lot of people have said Jo Jo Parker on here and to me that was the last great back in SEO. Anyone that seen him play could not disagree with that statement. The game against Licking Valley in the playoffs was unbelievable. The run he made to put it into OT was one that is legendary. But don't forget the first carry in OT for him, he took it to the house. The last 2 carries of his high school career was 2 carries 105 yards and 2 TD's enough said. If we would have given him the ball for a 2 pt conversion instead of missing another extra point. We would have probably won a state title that year.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19414
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by Orange and Brown » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:05 pm

Derek Arnold will go down as one of the best backs in SEO history when his carrer is over. That kid has it all. He runs over, under, and around any one who try's to stop him. I haven't seen a young man with his field vision ever.

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:45 pm

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by trojanofthepast » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Orange and Brown wrote:Derek Arnold will go down as one of the best backs in SEO history when his carrer is over. That kid has it all. He runs over, under, and around any one who try's to stop him. I haven't seen a young man with his field vision ever.

I'm sorry you missed out on the best one maybe of all time in SEO high school history. Jo Jo Parker.... And I don't mean that as any disrespect to Derek Arnold it's just Jo Jo was a once in a generation type high school RB.

BigTime
JV Team
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:27 pm

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by BigTime » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:15 pm

trojanofthepast wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Derek Arnold will go down as one of the best backs in SEO history when his carrer is over. That kid has it all. He runs over, under, and around any one who try's to stop him. I haven't seen a young man with his field vision ever.

I'm sorry you missed out on the best one maybe of all time in SEO high school history. Jo Jo Parker.... And I don't mean that as any disrespect to Derek Arnold it's just Jo Jo was a once in a generation type high school RB.

trojanofthepast
couldn't have said it better myself.

User avatar
california kid
Varsity
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:25 pm

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by california kid » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:21 pm

BigTime wrote:
trojanofthepast wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Derek Arnold will go down as one of the best backs in SEO history when his carrer is over. That kid has it all. He runs over, under, and around any one who try's to stop him. I haven't seen a young man with his field vision ever.

I'm sorry you missed out on the best one maybe of all time in SEO high school history. Jo Jo Parker.... And I don't mean that as any disrespect to Derek Arnold it's just Jo Jo was a once in a generation type high school RB.

trojanofthepast
couldn't have said it better myself.

that guy was crazy good

OVCfan32
Freshman Team
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:05 am

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by OVCfan32 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:15 pm

really makes you wonder how someone like parker with that kinda talent didn't really push it in the next level. . . . mike hunt the same, . . . everyone hits their peeks at different times. . . anyone around chesapeake could always show you luke beach. . . best freshman i've ever seen in highschool football. . . he was a man at 15. . . .never seen anything like that.. .

buckeye83
Riding the Bench
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by buckeye83 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:06 pm

trojanofthepast wrote:There have been several good backs in SEO over the last 5 yrs. There has not been a great back over the last 5 yrs. A Lot of people have said Jo Jo Parker on here and to me that was the last great back in SEO. Anyone that seen him play could not disagree with that statement. The game against Licking Valley in the playoffs was unbelievable. The run he made to put it into OT was one that is legendary. But don't forget the first carry in OT for him, he took it to the house. The last 2 carries of his high school career was 2 carries 105 yards and 2 TD's enough said. If we would have given him the ball for a 2 pt conversion instead of missing another extra point. We would have probably won a state title that year.


im a West Sider and i still couldnt agree with you more!!!

texas dancer
Riding the Bench
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 10:07 am

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by texas dancer » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:22 pm

Gotta go with JoJo Parker. That kid could do anything. Watching him play was amazing.

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:22 pm

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:49 pm

I never saw Parker in person, but from what I have been told he was truly special. I will go back about ten years or so with this one....does anyone remember Justin Roush from Meigs? That guy was brutal when he had the ball and probably the best field vision I have ever seen! He is one of the best I have seen and I dont think he gets the credit he deserves.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19414
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by Orange and Brown » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:56 pm

PIGSKIN JUNKIE wrote:I never saw Parker in person, but from what I have been told he was truly special. I will go back about ten years or so with this one....does anyone remember Justin Roush from Meigs? That guy was brutal when he had the ball and probably the best field vision I have ever seen! He is one of the best I have seen and I dont think he gets the credit he deserves.


Both of the Roush boys were bruisers!!!!!!

questionmark
All Conference
Posts: 776
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:18 am

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by questionmark » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:02 am

Athens - Chris Hewitt
Senior Year he went for 1400 rushing, around 600 recieving and had 25 TD's
Junior Year he went for 1100 rushing, 500 recieving and had 10 TD's
Freshman & Sophomore year combined for 1000 rushing, 200 some recieving and 9 TD's

Add that with Grant Gregory on the same field and they were a great threat!!!

Incognito
Varsity
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:07 am

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by Incognito » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:32 am

trojanofthepast wrote:There have been several good backs in SEO over the last 5 yrs. There has not been a great back over the last 5 yrs. A Lot of people have said Jo Jo Parker on here and to me that was the last great back in SEO. Anyone that seen him play could not disagree with that statement. The game against Licking Valley in the playoffs was unbelievable. The run he made to put it into OT was one that is legendary. But don't forget the first carry in OT for him, he took it to the house. The last 2 carries of his high school career was 2 carries 105 yards and 2 TD's enough said. If we would have given him the ball for a 2 pt conversion instead of missing another extra point. We would have probably won a state title that year.



How the Trojans did not bring home the State is beyond me. That team was LOADED with talent. We wont see talent like that in these parts in a very very long time.

oops forgot to post my opinion of the best back, Jo Jo Parker.

xotigerfanox
Waterboy
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:31 am

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by xotigerfanox » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:49 pm

I cant remember his name but the 06 07 westfall running back who ran for 402 yards against waverly in play off game :122248

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:12 pm

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by THE G.O.A.T. » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:21 pm

I remember jerrod Penelton running for 230 yds and 3tds in the first half against that same waverly team.

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:12 pm

Best Running Backs from SEOPS Coverage Area in History

Post by THE G.O.A.T. » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:28 pm

Also, I was thinking pendelton from his sophomore to senior year against minford never had less than 180 yds and 3 tds. He seemed to really put it on minford. His junior year was crazy I know he ended up with over 300 in the game and if I'm not mistaken had 2 or 3 long ones called back.

gymrat
Riding the Bench
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by gymrat » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:48 pm

I dont think overall but I remember one game in which Kevin bass had well over 250 yards and 3 TDs against Portsmouth in 05. He won the Archie Griffin Player of the week for the State of Ohio.

Portsmouth98
All State
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:33 pm

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by Portsmouth98 » Sat May 02, 2009 12:02 am

Well if I was sticking to the last 5 years, I'd say Gaiters from Zanesville, and Frye from Logan. Going back 10 or more, I'd say JoJo Parker was the best I've seen but I'm biased there, I never saw anyone stop him though. I also liked Jeremiah Bolden (Portsmouth), the small speedy back Waverly had in the early 2000's, and I'm sure many more I'll think of when I'm not quite so sleepy.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:05 am

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by OVCfan32 » Sat May 02, 2009 8:09 pm

yeah burg your thinking cody hunt. . he was the smaller younger brother of mike who graduated the year earlier, trust me i played in that game, we were quite faster at the rb positions than anything the burg had, not that that made a diff in the game. . . .we just had a real bad gameplan, that offense was nasty. . . nothing prepared us for that offense all year. . the four wide and dives. . ugh

User avatar
fightingtigers45
S
Posts: 1823
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:05 pm

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by fightingtigers45 » Sun May 03, 2009 10:30 am

1. Jermon Jackson
2. JoJo Parker


Noone else is even in their league.

Post Reply