Post by The MAin Man »

Evryone keep him close

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: Prey for wes workman

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

another young life ended WAY TO SOON.. my thoughts and prayers are with this young man's family and friends as well as the whole portsmouth community

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

Prayers for this young man and his family. What a tragedy.

"Once a Trojan always a Trojan".

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i heard on 99.3 that there will be a candle light vidual tonight at spartain stadium startin at 8pm

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

I hope everyone can make it. It's going to be very special and touching from what I've heard.

I hope everyone can come and support the Workman family.

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Post by u_kno_me »

prayers from northwest, he had alot of good friends that goes to northwest and when we heard the news about Wes' accident we all were praying for him to make it but when we heard the other bad news today we were all very sad!

prayers go out to his family and his friends...... :cry: :cry:

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Always sad to hear of a young person losing their life......and especially under these circumstances. May God comfort his family in this time of loss.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Yea this happened right across the street from mom's house!
It is a TERRIBLE tragedy and he was a great kid with outstanding athletic ability and it was way too soon, and I feel for his family!

All I can say to all the HS kids reading this. I won't go into details of that night but, PLEASE!! I know partying is cool to all of you, but dont get carried away and steer clear of peer pressure!!

We lost a good kid!
Prayers to Doug & the rest of the family! If your reading this you know who we are! If you need anything stop over and see us!

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

Had the pleasure of coaching this young man in pee-wee football, and watching him grow into a great gentleman and great athlete. My familie's prayers with be with Doug and the Workman family, as well as all the Trojan community. You are correct, Once a Trojan always a Trojan!

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I didn't realize we were related until I read his obituary and saw who his grandmother was. I would have rather found out he was a relative another way.

It is one of the hard thing about taking pictures like I do. I can't help but feel extra emotions when I come across these pictures of these young people. There are too many that have lost their lives too soon. And Wes won't be the last unfortunately.

My prayers to those who were gifted with the friendship and love of Wes during his all too brief time among us.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

TNN, nice tribute! Loved it!

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

TNN did do a great job on the video they made of Wes. RIP bud

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Very touching video FalconX, just a shame.

henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

It seems like that game between Ironton and Portsmouth was played just yesterday. I took the photo of him making a tackle at the 1:36 mark of the video. That photo was just one of several thousand clicks on the camera last football season, but it will now stand out in my mind for years to come.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

I know this is late, but his family & friends certainly had the prayers of the Roby household.

Having worked for a spell at Life Ambulance, & having boxed there in the late '60s, I have quite a few friends & acquaintances in Portsmouth, & all are saddened by this tragedy.

Over the years, I have lost two friends to Russian Roulette. One of them died in his very first turn, i was told. To some people, it's strangely addictive; they sometimes play it day after day until....

Return to “Football”