Best Back at Nelsonville-YORK EVER!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Re: Best Back at Nelsonville-YORK EVER!

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I would have to say that Gail was the best... he had the power and size to have gone beyond the DI level... does anyone know I heard he was 2nd in the State in rushing his senior year to Charles Woodson who was a pretty decent player...

I'm sorry but even though the rest were great backs no one compares to Gail. Robey should be on the list somewhere. Woodson would probably be #2 and Edwards is pretty impressive as well.

Edwards winning all his TVC games shows how weak the TVC has been lately or it shows how strong Region 19 has been because Gail made it to the playoffs several times in DIV (when only 4 made it) and won a couple playoff games to Edwards 0 post season wins even tho 8 teams in DV get it now... I'm not taking away anything from any of these players, but those were important points when comparing Gail and Edwards.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

What ever happened to Gail? And wernt there 2 Gails? I remember the running back well, he had quite the game at VC my senior year, I think he was a junior. I went into the Army and never found out were he went or what happened to him, but he was a great talent at the HS level. (and in the early 90's the TVC had some very tough teams)

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Was there a mays guy that went here, i think he went to ohio u. but maybe different school

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

Sports 101 wrote:Was there a mays guy that went here, i think he went to ohio u. but maybe different school

Brian Mays, he played linebacker at OU. Currently has a son starting in the D backfield for Logan.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Having watched all of these boys play, I would have to say it was Brad Woodson.

Dave Boston rode him like a rented mule to the state title.

And this was when there were only 4 divisions and only the top 2 teams in each of the 4 regions made the state playoffs. :shock:

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Both Gails were MAC talent... Justin went as a preferred walk-on to OU (due to academic issues only I believe) and Jason unfortunately was in a serious car accident his senior year. I think he may have been heading to Kent State or Akron. If not I'm sure OU would have taken him as a D-lineman.
TVC seems to have dropped off the map a little bit. I remember the Gail boys senior year NY played jackson... both 9-0 and NY came out with a pretty big blow out... I also remember their senior year playing a 26-21 tough game against Vinton that year with the Snyder boy playing for Vinton who went on to the Naval Academy.

playmaker
Waterboy

Post by playmaker »

Justin Gail gets my vote.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

91Buckeye wrote:
Sports 101 wrote:Was there a mays guy that went here, i think he went to ohio u. but maybe different school

Brian Mays, he played linebacker at OU. Currently has a son starting in the D backfield for Logan.

He'll might be a linebacker this season, just like his dad.

As for the topic at hand, the best I've seen is Justin Gail. He was a HECK of a back.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Gail its not fair to Judge the rest,Due to gail only playing half a game in most Just think if he played 4 quarters the whole year. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'm really looking forward to this years road trip to the storied nelsonville york buckeyes. this should be a classic. don't think i've ever been there for a game.

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

You're Tiger Bait:

Let me tell you, Waverly went over to Nelsonville for a 7 on 7 with them and Logan. Nelsonville's facilities are as nice as any I've been to in south central and southeastern Ohio and Coach Boston and the folks at Nelsonville treat you like family.

They do play a little football there in Nelsonville too :) :) :)

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

YTB the predominately orange surroundings should make the folks from Ironton feel downright comfy. :lol:

Return to “Football”