who will be the best teams in d-4 region-15(heres last yr)

marietta tiger
Waterboy

Re: who will be the best teams in d-4 region-15(heres last yr)

Post by marietta tiger »

Licking Heights
Amanda Clearcreek
Martins Ferry
Bishop Hartley
Ironton
Westfall
New Lexington
Union Local

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Portsmouth has some talent, but alot of it will be green. I look for them to finish somewhere around the middle of region 15.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

After a terrible season last year, Bellaire back to being Bellaire. All those Freshman, and soph's from last year now ready.. A brutal opening game and then watch out, they are in the hunt. New Lexington loaded, but has the toughest schedule of all with having to play Tri Valley, Sheridan and John Glenn. Look for New Lexington to be up there, tons of returning talent. I love Ironton, I see them and New Lexington as the teams to beat. Martins Ferry the spoiler.

1) Ironton
2) New Lexington
3) Hartley
4) Bellaire
5) Martins Ferry
6) Licking Heights
7) Portsmouth
8) Amanda

Hey guys, shed some light on your picking STC and Westfall high, help a old buzzard out. Looking at rosters they both lost a TON! Based on returners and talent New Lexington and Ironton way out in front. Word is Bellaire and Ferry will be very strong!

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Westfall did lose a lot, but they return Cain, Cline, Gibson and Cobb. The defense is probably the biggest question, especially up front, going into the season. For Westfall it's always important for them to beat some Pickaway County schools and gain points that way. A lot of their points come from the three county games.

I doubt if an 8-2 Westfall or Piketon can make it in unless the SVC will yield more points this season. 9-1 is probably needed. I expect this region to be a lot tougher this season.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

tough region for sure. if some of these schools scheduled alot of the teams in their region would get slammed from the board :idea:

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

bman, I agree. Neither Westfall or Piketon can afford 2 losses. If both come out unscathed in non league and say PV or Adena can pick up some wins non league then maybe, just maybe both can squeak in. However, I doubt it, PV and Adena both have better chances in D V with 2 or 3 losses, IMO.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Westfall made it @ 8-2 before. but it was very close point wise making it in. one thing that helps westfall now is that TV went up to a D2 school since those 8-2 seasons. so as long as they beat TV they should be able to afford a lose.

I think Westfall will be out to hold on the the regional title though. they will defiantly do all they can to win it again.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Westfall has made it in at 8-2 but it has been tight and Amanda was not in the region. Most seem to think AC should go 8-2 and that'll get them in with playing two D2's and four D3's. Westfall also needs the county schools they can beat to fare well.

Ironton and Bellaire are wild cards. They have been good, consistent programs in the past that came up on a down year last season. I don't think folks expect them to be down for a while. They also both play better schedules than Westfall and Piketon with play in the SEOAL and the Buckeye 8. If the SVC can rack up some non-league wins that'll help.

It's hard to tell and there are a lot of variables.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Waverly Football 2008
8-22 Piketon Away
8-29 Jackson Home
9-4 Wellston Home
912 Vinton County Away
9-19 Franklin Heights Home
9-26 Minford Away
10-3 Portsmouth West Home
10-10 Valley Away
10-17 Wheelersburg Home
10-24 Northwest Away