New Logan High School Football Field and Bill Sauer Field

loganlocos
SEOP

New Logan High School Football Field and Bill Sauer Field

Post by loganlocos »

Below is a link to photos of the new Logan High School Football Field under construction at the new campus on State Route 328 and also photos of the destruction of Bill Sauer Field.

Enjoy.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/563303227zhaOmK

THE PIGSKIN
Waterboy

Re: New Logan High School Football Field and Bill Sauer Field

Post by THE PIGSKIN »

Why did they tare down Bill Sauer Field.

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

I believe it will be the site of a new elementary school. The old high school will be torn down as well.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Anyone know what the capacity of the new stadium will hold ??

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

Very nice photos. I try to drive by when I visit Logan but I haven't seen it with the home bleachers going up. I can't wait to see this thing when it's finished. As far as I know the seating capacity will be 3500 for the home stands and either 1500 or 2000 for the visitor side.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

http://www.logandaily.com/main.asp?Sect ... M=40077.68

More from the Logan Daily News. Looks the Turf is being laid and the home bleachers are farther along. I'm going to try and get home every couple of weeks to photograph the progress. It was really wet and muddy last weekend when I took my photos and that made it hard to get everywhere I wanted to be.

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

Thanks for the link Locos, I hadn't checked out the Logan Daily website yet today. Seeing that turf is a thing of beauty and the stands are really looking good. It looks like some of the early setbacks haven't really set them back at all. I'll definately drive out that way to see it for myself this weekend. Bring on the Gales!!!!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Good pics locos! Hey guys, This is kinda funny :lol: It was caught completely off guard.. I was going to work wed I think. Anyhow, off in the distance this semi was heading south on 33 with a long white trailer looking load. I didn't think much of it til it got closer and then it passed me as I was heading north. I drove for a sec or 2 puzzled :122248 :122248
The side of the trailer looking load said
LOGAN CHIEFTAIN STADIUM
:122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246
Alone in the car, I started yelling "THAT WAS THE PRESS BOX" :!: :!: :!:
Let me tell you :!: :!: It took everything I had to go to work that day. I wanted to turn around and follow it down to the stadium :!:
And as much as it breaks my heart and bring tears to my eyes seeing Bill Sauer Statium slowly become a memory :cry: :cry: :cry:. I'm as excited as a kid at Chirstmas to get into the new statium :122245 :122245 .

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

Hey guys,
I was in Logan today so I thought I'd take a little stroll down 328 to check out the high school. In short, it is breath taking!! They have the press box installed. The purple seats are installed on both the home and visitors side of the field. The field itself is completely installed with "Logan" in one end zone and "Chieftains" in the other and a great big beautiful purple "L" in the middle. The home concession stands are also coming along nicely. I wish I had my camera with me but rather than look at some pictures you all should come and see it for yourselves! The visiting fans will be seeing purple for weeks after playing here. I can't wait to cheer from the stands.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

whats the latest on the progress of the new field?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

paladin was to take a visit today

Wonder what he though

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I remember how exciting it was for Jackson fans a few years ago when Alumni Stadium was being built. I'm glad that the people of Logan are getting to experience this as well. Can't wait to see how the new stadium turns out. I'm sure it will be a top-notch facility.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

It looks like the new facility will be top-notch.

Kudos to the people who got that job done.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Well, Logan has a facility that they can be proud of. Very, very nice. Only downfall is the limited seating as I'm used to the 10-15k H.S. stadiums up North. But it should suffice for the crowds of SEO. And it is big & nice enough Logan should put it up for play-off games. Turf makes for a great play surface in all weather.

Given the color scheme ( and the way Logan fans dress in "color") people will leave games there remembering the Valley of Purple Power !! LOL !! It really stands out.

The other thing that struck me was I think the old stadium was "taller". While you have elevated seats, the top isn't as high as the old stadium which had great seats at the top.

All in all, a very nice facility ( with lots of parking :lol: ) . Now, just be sure to have a turf replacement plan ( field needs replaced about once every 10 years).

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Whats the seating capacity for the new stadium ??

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

FalconFan wrote:Whats the seating capacity for the new stadium ??

According to the Logan Daily News the capacity is about 6000 total.

Paladin-Glad you could make it to see the stadium. It will be plenty big as I'm not sure that there are 15K people in Hocking County. Dare I say that all the purple is darn near offensive but I love that part of it. The visitors won't know what to make of 6000 purple seats! LOL. The only thing that concerns me is parking. The great thing about the hilltop was that a lot of people walked to the game which kept a lot of people from wondering where they were going to park. Now everyone has to drive and I'm not sure that was factored in but we'll see. Perhaps it won't be a problem at all, but no matter. I just can't wait to get into the stands for that first game.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Maybe they can park at the Middle school too and run a shuttle.Thats only about a mile.Had to walk that far at Lancaster when I went there to see a play off or big game.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I see most car pooling it since you can't really walk there like the Hilltop. Parking should be adequate and could see one side of highway parked as well. The country club might make some money too.

My last game down last year was Marietta and was real disappointed with the crowd they brought. Awful. Even the OCC folks don't bring many with them , so seating maybe O.K. 6K won't do up North for a D-I/II school. But given your typical crowds, the facility should be fine in most respects. And, if Logan isn't hosting their own play-off game there, that stadium should be used for smaller division play-offs annually.

I'll look forward to catching a game there some time. Wear my purple !! :lol:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

My last game down last year was Marietta and was real disappointed with the crowd they brought. Awful.

My wife and I had talk about that at the games last season. Not alot of teams travel as well as they use to. I remember back in the day the visting side being at least 1/2 full. Expectly if we where playing an Athens or Gallia. But, I'm sure gas $$ has alittle to do with it. And your right the OCC doesn't travel any better. When we played Pickerington North last season the band made up the bulk of there fan base.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I'm sure some fans woudn't come out to the game if they thought it would be a "blowout". That sometimes hurts the crowds.

Return to “Football”