Due to high fuel prices football season cancelled

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Due to high fuel prices football season cancelled

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Was watching to local news and this was the top sports story.
The vote will be taken tommorow in several states with the remaining states to vote by the end of next week.

For more on this story go to

http://www.justjoking.org :122246 :lol:

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Re: Due to high fuel prices football season cancelled

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Don't scare me like that!!!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I hate to even think this but if the price goes high enough you will see us having to make adjustments that we would never have ever thought of before.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

mtswngrvsg wrote:I hate to even think this but if the price goes high enough you will see us having to make adjustments that we would never have ever thought of before.

This time I can not blame the schools if they , make that when they make major changes this all falls back to the oil devils and our gov for allowing the devils to kill this great nation.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Scared me a little bit.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

In all seriousness, the increase in gas prices will affect participation in sports. The poorer families will not be able to afford gas money to take their kids to practice especially in districts that are very spread out.

Knowbody
Waterboy

Post by Knowbody »

Your link is no good, man.

I have heard of districts going to 4 ten hour days.

Good grief. I couldn't handle that if I were a student.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I can see them doing this to spring sports but never to the big money makers.

4 -10 hour days. Interesting. I would bet that would save a district a lot of money in the long run. No transportation, no food being served, electricity, etc....

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Was watching to local news and this was the top sports story.
The vote will be taken tommorow in several states with the remaining states to vote by the end of next week.

For more on this story go to

http://www.justjoking.org :122246 :lol:

that wasn't right ncf. all though as much as i hate to think about that it could happen if they keep goin higher

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

If this does happen, then it will definetly be the begining of the collapse of American culture and no fun on Friday nights!! :122246

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Our economy is based on cheap fuel and food. We maybe looking at some major changes in the future if we as a nation do not get out ahead of this. I hope we do not see this but it very well could happen.

Could see schools playing games alot closer to home and playing teams that are close instead of by school size and level of competion. Just a thought. I know one school that is starting to look at travel and trying to figure their next move in scheduling. May also see fewer games in non-revenue sports.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

$4.19 a gallon (87 octane) and still going!!!

You could also be looking at more pay-to-play in the form of transportation fees. Was told that $100 per sport was looking like a real possibility in one local district.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I wonder how long it will be before we will be paying $6.00 for a ticket to watch our team play......or even more? It wouldn't suprise me in the least if we see a rise in ticket prices.

But as long as there is gas.......and as long as I am gainfully employed.....I will watch my Trojans..........

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Dont laugh too hard at this ,,it could be a factor .

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

I would like to see the JV game played before the varsity game much like basketball.
Save on gas and expenses. Play the JV game at 5:00 and the Varsity game at 7:30.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

if you are playing in the seoal you may not have a big profit playing football anymore! those buses get like 8 miles to the gallon! can anyone really afford to drive them to zanesville and back and make money?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

trojandave wrote:I wonder how long it will be before we will be paying $6.00 for a ticket to watch our team play......or even more? It wouldn't suprise me in the least if we see a rise in ticket prices.

But as long as there is gas.......and as long as I am gainfully employed.....I will watch my Trojans..........

The O.C.C.(Newark, Grove City)all have had 6 buck tickets for a while now. :122246

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Interesting idea of playing the JV games before the varsity for football. How many districts would actually be using less busses by doing this?

Folks, something will have to happen due to the ever increasing cost of fuel and not just for athletics, you have to factor in the cost of daily bus routes just to get kids to school and back each day.

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

The only problem I see with the JV playing before the varsoty is the field conditions. I mean if it's raining and the JV go and play they will probably tear up the field. Then the varsity have to go onto an alrdy torn up field and tear it up more. It would be interesting to see I suppose.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

A GUY ON CNN LAST WEEK SAID IN JUST 2 YEARS , WE WILL BE BEGGING FOR GAS AT 4 DOLLARS A GALLON, AS IT WILL BE 8/9 BUCKS A GALLON. WE MUST STOP THIS MADNESS. :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa47 :aaaaa47 :aaaaa47 :aaaaa47 :aaaaa47 :aaaaa47 :aaaaa47 :aaaaa47 :aaaaa49 :aaaaa49 :aaaaa49 :aaaaa49 :aaaaa49 :aaaaa43 :aaaaa43 :aaaaa43 :aaaaa43 :aaaaa43 :aaaaa57 :aaaaa57 :aaaaa57 :aaaaa57 :aaaaa57 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa58 :aaaaa58 :aaaaa58 :aaaaa58 :aaaaa58 :aaaaa58 :aaaaa58

Return to “Football”