3rd annual "Are Power Cleans Good for Football" Debate

91blue14
SE

Re: 3rd annual "Are Power Cleans Good for Football" Debate

Post by 91blue14 »

you should have structured workouts by position. skilled positions could use more reps in something like squats. you are on the field to make your opponent miss and drive those legs on contact ;-)

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Tue May 27, 2008 2:14 pm Once again it depends on who you talk to. At one time I would have argued that you had to do Power Cleans but now not so much. After watching several kids get hurt doing them you start to change you tone. Was once said that if a kid could power clean 250 they would be an allstate football players. Well guess what, seen players do over 250 and they simply were not very good football players. It is about the total package. So did I have my kids power clean-yes. Would I do it again-no. Results vs risk! There is no exercise that you can do in the weightroom that will simulate playing the game!
Agreed. No players should be lifting weights because it doesn’t “simulate playing the game.” Plus it throws off their shot if they play basketball.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

Post by Lets Go Big Moe! »

They might not "lift them dang waits at Southern cuz them thangs throws off yer shot".......But at Moeller, if you dont lift you cant compete in anything. We Power Clean like a bunch of machines.

LET'S GO BIG MOE! #CRUSADERPRIDE!513-791-1680

Return to “Football”