Northwest Mohawk's Head Coach Scott Thompson

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Northwest Mohawk's Head Coach Scott Thompson

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Under "new management" the Mohawks of Northwest will take their first steps toward becoming a respected football program. I have heard nothing but positive things about Scott Thompson from those that have had him as a student and have coached with him. With the SOC-II loaded this year, it will be an excellent test for this program to find a way to become competitive. Job #1.....get out of the "basement" in the conference. Get one or two conference wins and stay away from getting blown out of games after the second quarter. Defense....defense..defense! Best of luck to Coach Thompson and the young men out in McDermott! "

"It does not matter who made the tackle, threw the block or scored the touchdown.....it only matters that someone on your team did it! Individual stats are for individuals.........victories are for the team"!

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Re: Northwest Mohawk's Head Coach Scott Thompson

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

The Mohawk's schedule should allow for them to have a better record than last year, even though the they may be behind due to the late hiring of a new head coach. Much will depend on how hard these kids work between now and late August.

http://216.226.143.212/public/footballS ... ?sid=15568

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

One of the main things that need to happen at Northwest is this....Plan for the LONG TERM....Do not hire a coach and have him for only three years or less. That is one of the biggest problems with the "program" Kids are having to learn a new system every two-three years. Also get with the pee-wee program and get coaches in there to teach the kids the program and not just have dads coach their kid so he can be the QB or RB....get someone who will teach all the kids and put them where they think they will flourish and get stronger as they get older.

ligit ownage
Riding the Bench

Post by ligit ownage »

scott was my coach back in jr high he is a hell of a coach i think he will do wonders for you guys even know you guys play in a good league i think you guys will go 5-5 with out him 1-10 so u should keep him around and pee wee dose make a huge diffrence in your teams future

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

1-10 does NW get into the layoffs with one win?

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

The non-league schedule is about right. They have three Division 6 schools, including Manchester who just starts varsity football this year. Then there are also two Division 5 schools and then Piketon, which surprisingly, is a Division 4 school. Of course SOC play is another story.

I've known Scott for many years and he was a good choice for the position. I've also heard some good rumblings coming from the district so hopefully things will turn in a positive direction.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

Is coach Davis from Sciotoville helping coach N'west?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

battlecats wrote:Is coach Davis from Sciotoville helping coach N'west?

that was posted on another site...Wonder Coach Guillen will be there also if true

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

MG is the Oine coach at Piketon this coming season and has been since his son Tyler took over.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

JohnKnight wrote:MG is the Oine coach at Piketon this coming season and has been since his son Tyler took over.

Your right, I forgot about Coach Guillen at Piketon also...I should have made it more clear as to which one. I ment Coach Davis's Son-in-Law.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Coach Thompson will be a great fit for NW, he will be a commited coach who wants to teach the kids football. I think he is the guy to turn this program around!!!

Return to “Football”