Russell vs Ironton 09 IT'S ON

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Re: Russell vs Ironton 09 IT'S ON

Post by RiverRatZap »

now if you look that there was a 3 year break after the 77 game at that time Russell won the state championship then boom no games for three years. it's not hard to figure out why.

Ummm, Ironton won a State Championship during that time as well. ;-)

Boo-Duh
JV Team

Post by Boo-Duh »

Has Ivan retired or something???

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

When does Greenup start football practice ? Soon I hope; they do have a scrimmage with the Tigers.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

Ah, the "talkin' smack" has already begun!

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I'm sure you will see Hammerdown didn't start the trash talking.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

One of the boys I go to church with and who helps me with my SS class from time to time is a Russell football player. He helped me just last week and it was fun informing him that...this would be what he would be facing his senior year, a loaded Tiger Squad. I gather they're (Russell) not feeling too confident either. He's a great kid though

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Tiger team will be awesome for the next 3-4 years, rebuilding is complete, now is the time for these kids to show what GREAT Tiger teams are capable of doing.
jr. and sr. class is loaded with talent, and capable of putting up some very BIG numbers, against teams that will not be expecting them too.

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

[quote="hammerdown"]heres some info that might ease the minds of Ironron coaches,players and fans.

Russell has recentley istalled a new bermuda grass on the field, by next years game it should be really thick and soft for the Tiger players to land on. :-D[
/quote]

Great should make a nice soft bed for our starters once BOB pulls them out after the first quarter, It's all in good fun, should be an intresting game

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I bet it's goin' be a lot more fun for Ironton though than it is for Russell :lol:

I just love the fact that I can walk to the stadium cause it's goin' be packed there!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

yeah..most if it is like Flatwoods, they have to dance in the street cause there are no sidewalks :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Nope, can't dance on the bridge either...due to a no bouncing up and down order and weight restriction limits over it's sorry and dilapidated condition.

I think the best thing you all should think about (keeping in mind the slim chance you'll ever be dancing period) possibly renting some large meeting hall. Perhaps the Steel Workers Hall in Ashland? You can dance if you want to but I don't think there's anywhere in Greenup Co for you to dance at..sorry :shock: ;-)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

kantuckyII wrote:I bet it's goin' be a lot more fun for Ironton though than it is for Russell :lol:

I just love the fact that I can walk to the stadium cause it's goin' be packed there!

I,MLL post Kantuckys address a week before the game, so anyone that wants to park at his house wil be able too :lol:

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

Yep,

Ironton would much rather drive to Columbus to take on the wimpy Columbus Desales D II for all those years than travel across the bridge to play the mighty Red Devils. :lol:

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I realize that everyone will not agree with me but I wouldn't play Columbus Desales in tiddlywinks. They have been the most unsportsmanlike fans I have ever seen Ironton face. Good night, one year they were threatening to throw out tiger fans at the basketball game because they were cheering too loudly

I would not knock Russell too badly though, both they and Ashland gave Ironton all they wanted last year, far more so than a lot of the Southern Ohio teams. As a matter of fact, that disparity between Kentucky and a Southern Ohio that everyone used to brag about, sadly might be over if there's no turning it around

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!

Return to “Football”