Ironton's Key players for 08 season

da_other_c_miller21
Waterboy

Ironton's Key players for 08 season

Post by da_other_c_miller21 »

In your alls opinion who do you all think will make big impacts during the clutch situations or the ones who won't fall under pressusre for the win? Also who would u like to see have a good season? :?:

Personally i would like to see Keith Wetzel have another great season as well as Chance Freeman. I would like to see Jonathon Schiweikart step-up and be a great leader for our team this year.

Tiger-Brother
Riding the Bench

Re: Ironton's Key players for 08 season

Post by Tiger-Brother »

I look for Murphy, Schweickart, Freeman, and Brice to step-up and be the leaders of this team. I also look for the new comer, Michael Lamb, to have a good season along with Jon Monnig.

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

Tiger-Brother wrote:I look for Murphy, Schweickart, Freeman, and Brice to step-up and be the leaders of this team. I also look for the new comer, Michael Lamb, to have a good season along with Jon Monnig.

all of the above should really make a successful season, along with a very heavily impressive junior and sophmore class, Can't wait to get it started

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Good luck to the Tigers this season ,I have always been a Tiger fan even though they have beaten my Rockets in the past they are my second team ,and what a good one to have. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

IF MURPH'S IN SHAPE, HE CAN WRITE HIS OWN D1 TICKET.
SCHWIECKART, FREEMAN, WUETZEL , BRICE SHOULD ALL BE SOLID. BUT DON'T FORGET THE EARTH MOVERS. WAS REALLY IMPRESSED WITH THE YOUNGUNS I SAW LAST YEAR, THOUGH I CAN'T REMEMBER MANY OF THE NAMES. I REALLY LOOK FOR CRAMBLITT TO BE A BEAST. HE WAS A GIANT KILLER LAST YEAR.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

da_other_c_miller21
Waterboy

Yeah i agree with all your alls opinions . I will be a junior startin fresh in football most likely be on JV to get playing time next year I hope will be good enough to play varsity everygame. Not that I am just trying for a jv spot, I mean I will try my hardest just to be out there no matter how much game-play I get. :!:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

If Tony Murphy comes in condition, I fully believe he can go anywhere he wants to. I don't think it would be as a running back though. While of course, Tony will be awesome running the ball as well, I personally think his greatest play would come on the the other side (I said that before last year too) He will be on the other team's QB's mind every snap if he does come in ready to play. The boy is just a natural born brute..period! He's not like other kids

da_other_c_miller21
Waterboy

kantuckyII wrote: The boy is just a natural born brute..period!

Yeah very true, and I will be one of his test dummies in practice haha :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

da_other_c_miller21 wrote:Yeah i agree with all your alls opinions . I will be a junior startin fresh in football most likely be on JV to get playing time next year I hope will be good enough to play varsity everygame. Not that I am just trying for a jv spot, I mean I will try my hardest just to be out there no matter how much game-play I get. :!:
----------------------------- DUDE, KEEP BANGIN, AND HANGIN. YOUR TIME WILL COME. AND US TRUE FANS ARE THERE FOR ALL THE TIGERS ON THE ROSTER, AS WELL , AS THE BAND, CHEERLEADERS AND MAJORETTES. IT'S A PACKAGE DEAL. :aaaaa59

da_other_c_miller21
Waterboy

You're Tiger Bait wrote: IT'S A PACKAGE DEAL. :aaaaa59
what for $19.95+shipping and handling? haha yeah nuttin like that crowd on Friday night.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you can be a blocking dummy, or you can be a block. don't sell yourself short. you need to set down now . and make out 5 shortterm goals. and 3 longterm goals for your progress this year.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

If Murphy shows up ready to play more than 2 downs in a row then he will be one heck of a wrecking ball...trust me I know.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

The kid has a God given talent that most people only dream of having. It's up to him to develop it...

I can still see him flipping Ashland's Matt Thomas through the air last year...ouch! man, he hit that kid so hard!

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

kantuckyII wrote:The kid has a God given talent that most people only dream of having. It's up to him to develop it...

I can still see him flipping Ashland's Matt Thomas through the air last year...ouch! man, he hit that kid so hard!

I dont really know how much of it is talent. The kid is strong but if many were his size they would be too. I dont know how smart he is either...on or off the field but if he works hard enough he could be great.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

My impression of Tony is that he's always been pleasant and very respectful to me. Easy going and he seems to take life in stride. I kinda think his strength isn't a result of his size (I'm sure it doesn't hurt though) but it's just natural. His brothers were all good football players as well at Ironton. I remember seeing his brother Jared knock a kid out in a basketball game when he was a senior. He didn't mean to, he was just slapping at the ball and his hand came down on the kid's head. You could hear it slap way up in the stands and down the kid went.

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

I look for Tony to have a good year....Along with Erin Edins and Howie Lucas on Defence....

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Their line must improve a great deal if they are to compete with Logan.Good luck Tigers in 2008.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

logan. we will make our annual trip there again this year. but it's gonna leave a big mark.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

but i agree, it should 2 years ago you were a d1,school. would still be if they had not changed the numbers of enrollment.

Return to “Football”