Recruiting,,,You Say?

Post by biggdowgg »

see....if you do it...you do get caught :mrgreen:

http://www.jjhuddle.com/news/articles/2 ... ends-coach

JohnKnight
Varsity

Re: Recruiting,,,You Say?

Post by JohnKnight »

There have been many other reported incidents of rules violations and OHSAA has done nothing about them. This is one school that had multiple violations over many years and it took 7 months to do anything.

Pitiful system that has rules that they seldom enforce and when they do it is 7months after the damage is done.

The students were in violation of Bylaw 4-7-2, Exception 1, Transfers. Because of the 42-day provisions of Bylaw 11-1-1, there is no requirement to forfeit any contests in which the ineligible students participated.

Why would the principal of the high school not be fired? He is the one who determines if a student athlete is eligible or not!

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

BYLAW 3 —ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITY
Section 1. Ultimate Responsibility
3-1-1 The principal of the school shall be held primarily responsible in all matters pertaining to
interscholastic athletics involving the school. The principal has the responsibility to educate
the member school’s students, coaches, school personnel, boosters and other appropriate
persons involved in interscholastic athletics regarding OHSAA bylaws and sport regulations
that could affect them. Further, the principal shall monitor the school’s compliance with
OHSAA bylaws and sports regulations and conduct an appropriate inquiry if information
arises concerning a possible violation of OHSAA bylaws and/or sports regulations.
3-1-2 All school administrative and athletic personnel have a duty to immediately report violations
that may affect the status of an athlete, team or contest.
3-1-3 The principal, at his or her discretion, may assign other members of the administrative team
to sign contracts and any other paper work requiring an official school signature.
3-1-4 Within two weeks of the beginning of each sports season, the principal, through his/her

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I understand all of that, I posted this in light hearted hunor...I know it is very rare for anything to be done about these things 8)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

RECRUITING, THATS SHAMELESS. :roll:

Army
S

Post by Army »

Yeah just shameless :!: :-D

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

:shock:

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

He is one of the few that has been caught!!! imo.\, He is out to win not to keep parents happy!!! you play to win!!! ;-)

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

hammerdown wrote:if this is light hearted, then i say look out Ironton. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: jk

hammerdown, please enlighten us on WHO or WHICH member of Ironton's Coaching Staff has gone out and talked too and recruited any player's....

You and Tobias need to give facts instead of RUMORS and JUDGEMENT about OUR Coaching Staff and Program....Just because you dislike and attack Ironton....

Your doing you best to Discredit "OUR KIDS" and A Fine Coaching Staff....

That is Shameless to say the least....

Trotwood-Madison coaches did that....They went out and talked too and did recruit players....According to the findings....

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I believe one of those "portsmouth" kids was brought here by his dad.Hmmmm
maby he stayed in P-town because the money was better :lol: :lol: :lol:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

ItownHosscat wrote:I believe one of those "portsmouth" kids was brought here by his dad.Hmmmm
maby he stayed in P-town because the money was better :lol: :lol: :lol:

...hard to even think of money being involved, when speaking of Ironton..and ...Portsmouth :122246 :lol: :lol:

I think it was the ribber :razz:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

ghostwriter wrote:
hammerdown wrote:if this is light hearted, then i say look out Ironton. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: jk

hammerdown, please enlighten us on WHO or WHICH member of Ironton's Coaching Staff has gone out and talked too and recruited any player's....

You and Tobias need to give facts instead of RUMORS and JUDGEMENT about OUR Coaching Staff and Program....Just because you dislike and attack Ironton....

Your doing you best to Discredit "OUR KIDS" and A Fine Coaching Staff....

That is Shameless to say the least....

Trotwood-Madison coaches did that....They went out and talked too and did recruit players....According to the findings....

heard one of our players was offred a years supply of green hot dogs :122246 .

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Keep it up and Im going to take the sweater as well....I need a grill cover ;-)

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Tobias wrote:
ItownHosscat wrote:Keep it up and Im going to take the sweater as well....I need a grill cover ;-)

You can have it...it doesn't fit anymore since I gained another 10 pounds since basketball season.

:lol:

What happened to your quest!!!!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

hammerdown wrote:
if i were serious i would of course apolochize

apologize....... :mrgreen:

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

They only thing I can say is...it is about time. I hope it continues, the OHSAA coming down on know violators.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

The only reason Trotwood-Madison got busted was because they are a large school in an urban area and a powerhouse. Look at their roster, they are LOADED!! The OHSAA isn't going to mess around with little podunk schools around here if there is recruiting going on, and I'm sure that it has happened around this area quite a few times in football. I know firsthand that a basketball coach up here tried to convince a player to transfer and play for him. Didn't end up happening though.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

I don't believe that recruiting is "for the player" most of the time. But, it definitely can help a player get noticed when he is playing for an elite team with excellent coaches and a history of preparing players for the next level. My son is no superstar, but the fact is he's 6'3" and goes about 195 as a Junior. I have had many, many (you'd be surprised how many) people tell me to move him to another school to give him the opportunity to meet his potential (he attends Warren Local). He loves his school and his teammates so he'll be staying where he is, but it certainly makes your guts churn when you think that he might have a better opportunity someplace else. I guess I have a better understanding of why people move kids. Again, that's the kind of pressure that you feel when your kid is just a solid player. Imagine how families feel if their kid is 6'6" and 300 pounds playing in a struggling program.

Not saying I condone moving a kid, just saying I understand it a little better.

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

Who else do you want to burn at the stake, Tobias

Tobias, You started the stake burning with your topic of Ironton Transfers....

You need a good Green Hot Dog.... :aaaaa115

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Tobias wrote:If a player is good enough, then he/she will be noticed by the right people. This is regardless where the school is located.

No way!!! Are you telling me that if Player A lives in southeastern Ohio and Player B lives in Columbus, and they are both equally impressive on the field and in the classroom, that they will both be scouted heavily by colleges???? Sorry, it just doesn't happen that way. However it's also true that there is a wider selection of high caliber prospects in urban areas than in rural. I'm not saying there isn't some good football players and teams down here because there is, but you have to admit that there are more quality players in the cities.

Return to “Football”