WK 1 Belpre @ Warren

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

WK 1 Belpre @ Warren

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Well, as of today the game is exactly one month away! So, I suppose it's time to start chatting it up a bit. Will Warren make it three in row? Can Belpre fill the gaps left by the departure of last year's excellent senior class? Let's get the party started . . .

Jason Vorhees
S

Re: Warren vs. Belpre 2008

Post by Jason Vorhees »

belpre wins with defense, 21-7.

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

It wasn't too long ago Belpre had a streak. I look for Warren to make it a three-peat. A low scoring game.

Go Blue!

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

the one thing this warren team has that it has lacked in the past years is enthusiasim (spelling ?). you can really tell that they are ready to win and they really want to win. i see this game belpre comin out strong in the beginning but warren will pull it out 28-14 warriors!!!

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

On Warren's schedule it says this game will be televised on WTAP. Cool.

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

its a great local rivalry...it deserves to be on there :-D

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Who will Belpre be scrimmaging this year?

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

Belpre has scrimmages with Philo, Berne Union and Caldwell.

ronnie88richards
JV Team

Post by ronnie88richards »

I think Belpre will win 21-14, alot of last years seniors can't be replaced but Ashton Packard an the rest of the Eagles will fill the gaps with some quality players this year an have a very nice season. Goodluck to both teams should be a great game to go see, then watch it again on WTAP.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Warren has the players and talent if they can put the two together they will beat some teams that over look them.

Warren will be there in the 4th quarter in most of their games.

screamineagle54
Waterboy

Post by screamineagle54 »

Warren got very lucky last year and won the Game 14-13. I know Coach Shriver will not allow a three peat.

Warren has talent, yea maybe in a talent show, but not on a football field. Belpre will be better prepared this year. If Warren played Belpre towards the end of the year like they use to, Belpre would crush Warren every time.

I predict Belpre 31 Warren 10

SE54

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

I think it's great that Belpre is looking past Warren. You're right, Warren has no talent. Don't give the game a second thought. Heck, you might as well start preparations for the second game of the season right away. It's going to a piece of cake to replace your departed seniors. A Belpre person the other day actually told me that Belpre will be better without Waderker, Walker, Kress and Co. You don't need Sims. No Radabaugh, no problem!

Me thinks you might be in for a bit of a surprise.

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

Warrior Fan, 100% right on. You don't replace guys like Mike Waderker, Bryan Walker, Mike Johnson, Kyle Hamerick, RJ, Zack Kress, and Wes Radabough. Last season, three of the games Belpre lost, were without Wes Radabough.
Belpre does have some good players returning, and should do ok, But they better not take any team lightly, especially the Warren Warriors.
The key for Belpre is the QB. I hope the coaches don't make up their minds to quickly, and let the three choices fight it out for the spot.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Blue

screamineagle54
Waterboy

Post by screamineagle54 »

warrnwarriorfan wrote:I think it's great that Belpre is looking past Warren. You're right, Warren has no talent. Don't give the game a second thought. Heck, you might as well start preparations for the second game of the season right away. It's going to a piece of cake to replace your departed seniors. A Belpre person the other day actually told me that Belpre will be better without Waderker, Walker, Kress and Co. You don't need Sims. No Radabaugh, no problem!

Me thinks you might be in for a bit of a surprise.

I dont know who you talk to but Waderker, Walker, and Kress were four year starters. Don't tell me how they will be better off with out them. Belpre can replace those athletes though.

Also I didn't say Belpre was gonna look past warren, I was saying Warren is not as talented as they think they are, because if they were they would crush Belpre and be 500 or better in the SEOAL.

Belpre is not gonna look past Warren because its a rivalry game. I just believe Warren is always to hyped up.

SE54

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

I am going to reserve a predicition until both teams put pads on and scrimmage.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

No predictions from me until I see both teams scrimmage. However, I'll go out on a limb and state that I can't see Belpre walking over Warren to the tune of 21 points. I can start listing names for Warren that will match-up very favorably with the names that have been listed for Belpre.

We'll let things shake out a bit more then make a prediction.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

GO SEOAL

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I am looking for a Belpre victory in a very close game.

I hope Warren ends the season with a sparkling 9 game winning streak and a SEOAL title to boot. :mrgreen:

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

OK, not enough dialogue about the game for my taste. So, I'll start some.

First, congrats to Belpre on the new lights. Glad to hear that no one was smacked by the falling pole (that would have been ugly).

My pre, pre, preliminary prediction gives Warren the edge. Why? Well I'll share five reasons:

1) I'm a Warren fan and Warren just "seems" better (that counts only for pre, pre, preliminary predictions).
2) Warren is faster (who will catch Dunfee?).
3) Warren has excellent receivers that will be a really tough match-up for Belpre (both over 6'2" and fast)
4) Warren will be playing seasoned JRs and SRs while Belpre will have to play more underclassmen (see Warren the last 2 years).
5) Warren's line will be better and more balanced. I actually feel like Belpre has had the advantage here the last couple years, but don't think that will be the case this year.

That should get things rolling . . .

Return to “Football”