Why is Logan having camp at an old warehouse?

Logangrad
All State

Why is Logan having camp at an old warehouse?

Post by Logangrad »

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/ ... newsfront2

Just curious; but why is Logan having camp behind an old warehouse and Zanesville is on their field a week after it was put in?? Is this by choice or did what I hear before about roadblocks hold true? Why arent they on the field yet? Just wondering but it seems kind of silly to not be on the field yet unless construction is keeping them from it. But from what I read and see, both fields look like they are in the same stages but one team is using their new field and one isnt. Anyone have any info?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: Why is Logan having camp at an old warehouse?

Post by dazed&confused »

From what I understand, the entire Logan High School campus is considered an active construction site. Preseason meeting with athletes and parents was supposed to be at the field but was moved to the old school cafeteria instead because the field was not released. The middle school, where camp used to be held is completely tore up and is not an option; building a new elementary school there. Logan purchased the warehouse facility for overall school function as a storage and office complex. The huge grounds behind the building was considered perfect for camp and 2-a-days. They may get on the field for 2-a-days if it is cleared for such use. I'd say it is an insurance/liability issue. BTW, the band has to practice on the parking lot of a local factory.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Well that all makes sense! :122245

I guess the sacrifices made now will be worth it in the long run. We were down last weekend and drove past the old Ogg building and it looked like it had plenty of room but two big mounds in the grass may not be fun. I didnt take into consideration the overall area of the new school still being worked on, so that all adds up. The place looks amazing. The new scoreboard and stadium with the new track will be something the whole town should be very proud of.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

It should be a great facility. I think the whole town is psyched up about it. My wife's family all went to Logan and they have mixed feelings about losing Bill Sauer Field. My son plays and he misses Bill Sauer Field already but is looking forward to getting on the new field. I didn't graduate from Logan so I can't say I'll miss it like the rest. I'm looking forward to a nice modern facility with parking.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Were you able to grab a seat with a seat back on it? Thats the big perk if it were me. I would want a seat back for games. And yes parking will be nice down there. Should be great for years to come.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Dazed is right about the construction zone.

Also, remember the track is not in yet (as of this weekend) and that means there are drop off at the end of the "grass."

Also, they use more space than just one field for camp I believe, so without the surrounding areas there isn't enough room for all the campers.

Remember, the middle school gym is also closed for the summer. It's been a logistics nightmare for Ron Janey and the coaches this summer, that's for sure.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Wish I did have one of the seats with a back. I got some seats that they opened up after all the original season tickets sold out. Still good. You know the old cliche, there isn't a bad seat in the house. I think they sold 942 season tickets. I'll be there every Friday night they have a home game. There just isn't a better atmosphere for HS football in my judgement. Heck, the pregame with the entry of the band, running the "L" and all that stuff is worth the admission price.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I was told it was to keep the Ironton spys away :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

If they want to see a bunch of 8 year olds run agility drills, that picture was in the Logan Daily yesterday. They could save precious fuel money and just subscribe!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... hey Logan grad - the Logan High School "golf course" aka. the Brass Ring GC ... has been open for bidness all Spring/Summer LOL ... guess we will still have to drive over to the course for one more year - then we can walk across the LHS Campus and play up hole #9 :-D

... I've got my seat with a back on it, right beneath the press box on the 50 yard line - I call that "sweet" ...

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

floyd -

I was just thinking how luck you golf coaches have it! Haha

The pressbox is awfully high these days. Going to make it harder to talk to you by leaning out the window, I may have to start wearing suspenders like Willis so he can hold on to them for me.

LOL

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

ouch!! you fell off these stands your going to have 1 heck of a goose egg :cry: :cry: :aaaaa52

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

they are practicing the ANNEXATION OF PUERTO RICO there for the ironton game. j/k. thats funny , i don't care who you are. (from the movie lil giants) if you are old. :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:they are practicing the ANNEXATION OF PUERTO RICO there for the ironton game. j/k. thats funny , i don't care who you are. (from the movie lil giants) if you are old. :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

The greatest play in football history to ever be written into a playbook

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

One of my favorite movies!! "Pitch to Johnny?, you can't pitch to Johnny, I'm Johnny!"

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

good one ytb :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I THOUGHT YOU'D LIKE THAT. WE CAN'T AFFORD TO GO THERE TO SPY, TO FAR AWAY. WE ARE ALREADY GOING THERE FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW. REMINDS ME OF THE DESALES SERIES WITH IRONTON. 3 YEARS AT DESALES, 1 YEAR AT IRONTON. JUSS JOKIN. ATHENS LEAVING THE LEAGUE SHOULD HAVE NOT AFFECTED TEAM'S ROTATION'S AT ALL.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Bait -

Athens didn't effect it. It has to do with the cross-division games. The first four years schedule were realeased in 2006 and haven't changed (except replacing Athens).

Portsmouth went off Logan's schedule, and Chillicothe came on. Really, we should be going to Ironton and getting Chillicothe at home (for a second straight year), but that's not the way the ADs made out the schedule.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'VE HAD THAT EXPLAINED TO ME AND STILL WONDER HOW IT MADE TEAMS HAVE TO MAKE A REPEAT TRIP TO THE SAME LOCATION. INSTEAD OF THE FLOW OF HOME/HOME GAMES CONTINUING. IF ATHENS LEFT. YOU KNOW LONGER PLAY THEM. SEEMS SIMPLE TO ME, BUT I'VE BEEN HIT IN THE HEAD A LOT. :aaaaa21

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

It has NOTHING to do with Athens leaving.

If Athens were still in the league, Ironton would be coming to Logan. This schedule was set up back in 2006, before Athens announced they were leaving.

Return to “Football”