Portsmouth West

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Portsmouth West

Post by biggdowgg »

siderman.

I do agree it will be a great game, and Southern is going to be a big addition to West program.

we have two backs that arent that bad, in Jackson "soph.' and Mowrey "senior".

but Honestly, I dont think our strong point wil be running the ball.

you are right, it will take our young guys some game experience to get them ready, and being the second game could be a big plus for West.

still look for a great game.....after all, it is West and Portsmouth :razz:

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

no doubt Biggdowgg. To the chagrin of our friends in Minford and Burg, I think this will be our biggest test of the year. Especially after the shelacking we took last year.

I may be wrong, but I just don't many schools locally being able to match our up with our skilled kids combo of size and skill. If the lines are equal, we probably have the advantage. If teams are gonna beat us, thats where they've got to get it done. As it is in most any games. Thats why Portsmouth worries me. Not many teams have 2 D1 tackles.

BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

How did the Gallia Academy scrimmage go this morning?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

BLITZBURG wrote:How did the Gallia Academy scrimmage go this morning?

there is another thread with the stats. I thought we looked great today. We moved the ball pretty much at will. Our D looked great against the run. They started to throw some on us as the scrimmage moved on. But one of our starting safeties and best all-around athletes, sat out. Southern had some good runs, and looks to really be catching on. He's gonna be a big help. Really patient, and knows how to run the football. Today I saw nothing less than I expected, were gonna be a really tough out this year.

BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

Thanks for the info.Glad to hear things went well.Good luck to West and coach T. on the upcoming season.

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Post by DaRecGuy »

I will definitely say that the "hype" I was referring to doesn't compare with the hype that the Minford team is receiving. I was just referring to the fact that since these seniors were in Junior High we have been hearing "wait until they are seniors!" If I am not mistaking they went undefeated in Pee-Wee, Junior High, and Freshmen ball. So I hope they can produce this year, to that level.

Return to “Football”