Portsmouth West

osu 77
All State

Re: Portsmouth West

Post by osu 77 »

I heard WEST had a very spirited practice Wednesday in the rain. Did any West Fans see the practise I would like to hear about it?

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Just looked at a website with Portsmouth West football on it.

It is called www.bobbiannphotos.com if anyone would like to see pictures of the West kids.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Heard every practice at West is pretty spirited!

muddog16
Waterboy

Post by muddog16 »

Glad to be back first of all! Let the kids figure out what they need to do and you old folks can watch quietly from the sidelines, cheering when you are told to! I've watched the West Team from the hill, they look just as good as some here say! Playing for a coach that seems to be in sync with them. You have to keep in mind these are our kids, they learn from us, so behave! With that said, let the season begin and good health and good luck to all of the area teams!

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Post by DaRecGuy »

This team has been talked for the last 6 years, so I hope they live up to the "HYPE"

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

There is no "hype"from West, the word is out that these kids have worked extraordinarily hard since January. That kind of thing tends to pay off. The only "hype" is from the Minford fans...refer to the SOC II thread...now we are talking "hype"!!!! :roll: :roll:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

West had a big kid last year , that played really well, "Mcnutt"?, did he graduate?

also dont see another kid that played a friend of mines son, Adkins he played QB for J.V last year, is he not playing ?

converterfan
Freshman Team

Post by converterfan »

heard west had a kid that was 6' 8'' 330 lbs. is this true and is he talented. sure hope so.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Sounds like Scotty Sparks, he is a big kid and is built lean too, not a chunker.

converterfan
Freshman Team

Post by converterfan »

6' 8" 330 is definetly not a chunker!! but can the kid play football...
also heard he can sing!!!!!!!

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Only saw him play against Portsmouth, lol, don't know about singing, I know he plays guitar but I've never heard him play.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

biggdowgg wrote:West had a big kid last year , that played really well, "Mcnutt"?, did he graduate?

also dont see another kid that played a friend of mines son, Adkins he played QB for J.V last year, is he not playing ?

Neither came out this year. Last thing I heard they were really into go-carts. Shame on McNutt especially, he was really talented, just don't think his heart was ever in it. Adkins had a bad arm injury before. I'd say that factored into his descision.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

siderman

I had forgot about adkins arm injury, I think his dad told me his aem was actualy broke and he played through some of basketball season with it, after the doctors said it was OK or something, but he kept saying is hurt?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Sounds right, I think he was doing stuff with it, even lifting, and it was causing him pain. Then they found the problem. Good kid too

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

hammerdown wrote:
siderman wrote:
I'll take that bet. West over Portsmouth in a great game.

Sider man you really think West will beat Portsmouth?

yes. Because of their size on the frontline, it will be a tough game. Portsmouth it too young at the skill spots IMO, especially for the second game of the season. We need to be healthy though to play at full song, right now were a little beat up but we'll be ready. Doesn't hurt that Southern, their best returning back is playing for us now either.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

siderman.

I do agree it will be a great game, and Southern is going to be a big addition to West program.

we have two backs that arent that bad, in Jackson "soph.' and Mowrey "senior".

but Honestly, I dont think our strong point wil be running the ball.

you are right, it will take our young guys some game experience to get them ready, and being the second game could be a big plus for West.

still look for a great game.....after all, it is West and Portsmouth :razz:

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

no doubt Biggdowgg. To the chagrin of our friends in Minford and Burg, I think this will be our biggest test of the year. Especially after the shelacking we took last year.

I may be wrong, but I just don't many schools locally being able to match our up with our skilled kids combo of size and skill. If the lines are equal, we probably have the advantage. If teams are gonna beat us, thats where they've got to get it done. As it is in most any games. Thats why Portsmouth worries me. Not many teams have 2 D1 tackles.

BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

How did the Gallia Academy scrimmage go this morning?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

BLITZBURG wrote:How did the Gallia Academy scrimmage go this morning?

there is another thread with the stats. I thought we looked great today. We moved the ball pretty much at will. Our D looked great against the run. They started to throw some on us as the scrimmage moved on. But one of our starting safeties and best all-around athletes, sat out. Southern had some good runs, and looks to really be catching on. He's gonna be a big help. Really patient, and knows how to run the football. Today I saw nothing less than I expected, were gonna be a really tough out this year.

BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

Thanks for the info.Glad to hear things went well.Good luck to West and coach T. on the upcoming season.

Return to “Football”