Top 10 teams in the area?

West Legend
Riding the Bench

Top 10 teams in the area?

Post by West Legend »

Who do you think are the top 10 teams in the area and why?

madpolecat
All State

Re: Top 10 teams in the area?

Post by madpolecat »

My list for now...

1. LOGAN
2. WHEELERSBURG
3. PORTSMOUTH WEST
4. MEIGS
5. MINFORD
6. IRONTON
7. JACKSON
8. PORTSMOUTH EAST

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

1. Logan
2. Tri Valley
3. Sherifdan
4. New Lex
5.Burg
6. Ironton
7.Minford
8.Ports West
9. Jackson
10. Meigs

wildsider13
Waterboy

Post by wildsider13 »

1)WEST
2)WHEELERSBUGH
3)WAVERLY
4)IRONTON
5)MINFORD
6)JACKSON
7)LOGAN :?:
8)MEIGS :?:
9)NEW LEX. :?:
10)ROCK HILL :?:

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

Logan
Wheelersburg
West
Ironton
Jackson
Sheridan
Minford
New Lexington
Westfall

In no particular order

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

1. Logan
2. Sheridan
3. Portsmouth West
4. Wheelersburg
5. Chillicothe
6. Ironton
7. Jackson
8. Minford
9. Waverly
10. South Point

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

1. Logan
2. Tri Valley
3. Sheridan
4. Wheelersburg
5. West
6. New Lexington
7. Minford
8. Jackson
9. Meigs
10. Portsmouth West

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Tri Valley is not that strong this year, they will finish behind Sheridan and New LEX in the MVL. Chillicothe got beat up by the top rated team in the region and most likely one of the top 4 teams in the state in Sheridan at D3! Logan, and Chillicothe still has more talent than anyone else in the SEOAL. Will Chillicothe be in the top two in the SEOAL? It all depends on how they bounce back, they have the talent. You can not hang your head because Sheridan beat you, there will be alot more teams getting thumped by those boys! As far as Logan and Sheridan, it would be a dandy. Based on what I seen at the scrimmage and so far, Sheridan a little better. New Lex is very good, as talented as Logan, or Sheridan? NO! Sinse we have expanded our area to include Tri Valley in Dresden Ohio, I will say it is like this.

1) Sheridan
2) Logan
3) Lancaster
4) New Lexington
5) Chillicothe
6) Tri Valley
7) Wheelersburg
8) Jackson

This would be my top 8 based on talent only. Jury is still out on Tri Valley, I know several people who have watched them and said they will have a hard time finishing third in the MVL this year. They were preseason picked either 2 or 3rd and behind Sheridan and New Lex by most.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

wildsider13 wrote:1)WEST
2)WHEELERSBUGH
3)WAVERLY
4)IRONTON
5)MINFORD
6)JACKSON
7)LOGAN :?:
8)MEIGS :?:
9)NEW LEX. :?:
10)ROCK HILL :?:

Rock Hill you have to be kidding right I know some Rock Hillians who are prdicting their teams doesn't win a game. South Point should he higher than Rock Hill I would put Rock Hill in the top 50 not top 10! PS shouldnt be in the top 10 either!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Minford should be in the top 10....but why so many top 5 or so?

They are 3-0.....but no significant wins.....teams combined are 0-9

1.Logan
2. Burg
3. Sheridan
4. West
5. Jackson
6. Logan Elm
7. Ironton
8. Chillicothe
9. Miami Trace
10. Minford

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

1. Logan - the Chiefs will head into the post-season at 10-0
2. Burg - beat Ironton for the 2nd year in a row and will also likely go unbeaten during the regular season
3. Ironton - a tough loss to a good Burg team, will likely finish the year at 8-2
4. Jackson - the jury is still out on the Ironmen but they do sit at 3-0
5. PWest - the week 10 matchup with Burg should be a battle of the unbeatens

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I'm with Boogered so far.

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

1.) West
2.) Wheelersburg
3.) Logan
4.) New Lexington
5.) Minford
6.) Jackson
7.) Waverly
8.) Ironton
9.) East
10.) Coal Grove

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

West above Logan? Come on!!!!

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

boogerred wrote:West above Logan? Come on!!!!

I agree! Some people on here obviously have a hard time grasping reality. West obviously has a nice team this year and they could potentially run the table in the regular season. However, to place them above Logan in any poll at this point in the season is insane!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

LOGAN HAS BEEN A DOMINATE TEAM IN SEO FOR SOME YEARS NOW.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

D_Journey9 wrote:1.) West
2.) Wheelersburg
3.) Logan
4.) New Lexington
5.) Minford
6.) Jackson
7.) Waverly
8.) Ironton
9.) East
10.) Coal Grove

Coal Grove and East are right behind Ironton I could put 10 other teams inbetween these two! :-D

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I dont see where Coal Grove even is mentioned in the same breath with a losing record at 1-2.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

You clearly stated your parameters which excludes you....I did mine as a poll would be done on what they have done.

IMO early on in a season when it's just very difficult to tell who has what.....you do have to win to get some credit or maybe play a very good team tough....but Minford didn't do.....

Let me just stick to Jackson.....I've seen all 3 games and their defense is clicking, offense has been pretty solid, punting game great and kicking game good....special teams coverage is not great...but improving. They drilled a Wellston team at Wellston with 3 TD's called back and Wellston to me is clearly improved from last season....then went into Waverly andsimply outplayed them the entire game, committing 0 turnovers and kicking a 15 game home winning streak while at it......then comfortably beat Vinton County as they should.

So to me what Jackson has done thus far is more deserving of a higher rnaking than Chillicothe.....Ironton could be argued a little stronger, but the teams will play soon and then we'll know.

I just think Jackson deserves a higher ranking...much like USC in college....doesn't mean OSU won't beat them....just that thus far they've accomplished more.

It's very early.......and last year or who is returning is not any part of my deserved rankings....what have you done the first 3 weeks is all I care.

SEOFootballFan
Waterboy

Post by SEOFootballFan »

1.Logan-It's self explained why they should be number one. Undefeated with a tough schedule and playing the best football around right now.
2.Tri-Valley- VERY good football team that doesnt get much respect around here. If you see what this team has then you would understand. I dont think they are untouchable but untill someone destroys them they show they are one of the best teams around.
3.Wheelersburg-Just about the same thing as Logan but a notch lower in the schedule sofar and notch below where Logan is right now. But Burg is a very good football team.
4. Sheridan- Playing great ball and have a lot of talent on that team. Plus they always compete with anybody.
5.West- They put up great expectations by thrashing Portsmouth, but was that just a lucky game? I don't think it was but we will see.
6.Jackson-They are 3-0 so far but all they have beat it Waverly which is down a little bit this year. One player can only carry a team so far, just look at Waverly. We really won't be able to tell what Jackson has till late this year around the last 3 weeks.
7.Ironton-One of those teams that if they start clickin soon they can be very dangerous. I think they have the talent to compete with the best around. One loss to a good team but that was also the first game of the year.
8..Chillicothe- I will give the Cavs some credit. They play an extremely tough schedule and hung in with some very tough teams. Throw out there record when you come to play this team.9.Miami Trace- Maybe I should put them a little higher on my list but I dont know a lot about this team, but there record says enough so far and they always have a good program.

10.Minford-Yes they are 3-0 but look at who they have played. Some of you people have them really high. Yes they are a very good football team but they would be an average team in the SEOAL or the other tough leagues around here. Till they beat Burg and Waverly they stay down here.

Return to “Football”